Tailoring - Point by Point

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tailoring - Point by Point

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If you have it set by type then it could fail if theres another tailor kit anywhere on screen or in a box you restock from ect..

If thats not it, then its likely that the pile of cloth your using is either
a.) Set by type, and the macro is trying to select from your restock-pile
b.) its absolute target, and you used all the cloth so it forgot what target.

To stop a. simply have all the cloth on you, and no other cloth around, or change it to absolute target.

if its on absolute target, then you should restock more than you plan on using, so you always have the same pile in your bag.

DoRk

Post by DoRk »

Rohegan wrote:Yeah that's like saying 50-GM Magery is free if you gather the reagents.

And time spent gathering hides from animals still costs you time. And at 20k hides, that's a loong time.
Tho i think someone else already stated this somewhere (unable to find it..) i wanted to add that i actually made a small profit by buying fresh leather from NPCs and selling them all crafted items - about enough to cover Recall and the sewing kit costs.

I did robes till i could make leather gorgets and made those with cloth from the sheep pens, once you got them marked out (dont forget T2A - Delucia), its very easy to get enough cloth with little time effort.

Leather gorgets sell for about 30 gold and take i think 4 leather to create and Studded gorgets sell for 36 and cost 6 leather to create. Non exceptional items that is.

1 piece of leather at the npc costs 3 gold. you do the math. (the npc stock gets bigger every respawn till it reaches 999)

of course you fail to create items quite often when you reach a new item. but that phase doesnt last for long and you get some of that money back in, once you start exceptionally crafting those items.

i must admit that i did not keep track of every single coin but i never had to grind new money into the pot it came from the crafting alone. Iam not GM yet - about to reach the 90.0 mark - but profit can only become better from here.

Proselyte

Post by Proselyte »

Those of you crafting robes/cloaks at 50ish skill, are you selling them or cutting them back to cloth?

DoRk

Post by DoRk »

Proselyte wrote:Those of you crafting robes/cloaks at 50ish skill, are you selling them or cutting them back to cloth?
i sold them. cloth is free and easy to gain.

pollycracker89
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pollycracker89 »

where are the sheep pens?

<chainsoar> pancakes you're the craziest person here

[14:48] <@Mammoth> You can trade in game warez for pumpkin pies

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

MatronDeWinter wrote:If you have it set by type then it could fail if theres another tailor kit anywhere on screen or in a box you restock from ect..

If thats not it, then its likely that the pile of cloth your using is either
a.) Set by type, and the macro is trying to select from your restock-pile
b.) its absolute target, and you used all the cloth so it forgot what target.

To stop a. simply have all the cloth on you, and no other cloth around, or change it to absolute target.

if its on absolute target, then you should restock more than you plan on using, so you always have the same pile in your bag.
Otherwords Matron is saying in your macro click on the command prompt for Double Click(item number whatever) once highlighted (I think you right click for the option) and choose to set the target by type. Doing this makes the macro choose any sewing kit in your pack. Now absolute target in any macro can be retargeted, So before you begin using your macro again, just retarget your target by choosing this option when you highlight it and the target cursor will appear on game screen. Voila...holy macro that was easy eh?

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

pollycracker89 wrote:where are the sheep pens?
Ewe mean Yew don't know?

pollycracker89
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pollycracker89 »

huh?

<chainsoar> pancakes you're the craziest person here

[14:48] <@Mammoth> You can trade in game warez for pumpkin pies

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

pollycracker89 wrote:where are the sheep pens?
Most Rune Libraries have a runebook named something close to "Cotton/Wool/Flax", and for the wool part, it's usually a sheep pen of sorts in different locations around the world. In other words, lots of sheep in one place. ;)

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

If you know where all the sheep/cotton/flax/hide hot spots are and have enough magery to get to them then buying any of these resources is a big waste of cash. Just saying.
Someone chopped wood for cloth lol
To Newbie or not to Newbie...there is no question.

Sinner

Post by Sinner »

Real Skill
robes 50.7 70.2
gorgets 70.2 75.7
studded gorgets 75.7- gm

ok so I got that much from the poster but was wondering what you make from 30-50.7. Thx for the info and future answer

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

i always did fancy shirts

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

saabman

Post by saabman »

Just wanted to add a tidbit of info, not sure if pre T2A robes were craftable at 50.7 or some where the info got mixed. I was unable to actually make robes until I hit 54.? tailoring. Just updating for anybody who finds themselves fustrated at 50.7.. I just made cloaks to gap the line from fancy shirts to robes.

Sufferings

Post by Sufferings »

FYI, gains stopped at 73.3 (real skill) while crafting robes. I started with leather gorgets but I haven't seen +0.1 yet, so I'll try with Studded Gorgets
Last edited by Sufferings on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Tailoring is a breeze, and profitable to GM.

Once u can make leather, go to the rune library and make a rune book to all the tanner shops.

The hides restock every hour like clockwork, 20/40/80.... up to 999 and sell for 3 gp per. Get cranking after server restart, hit the shops, buy out the hides. You may want to make gorgets or something and recut the leather at this point, but later in the day you'll be sewing non-stop and selling it all for a nice markup. Because it takes *time* to tailor all that leather, you may not even need to be hitting *all* the tanner shops. (But Minoc is definitely one to use cuz of it's proximity to the bank.)

I mostly made the higher profit stuff up to gm, female leatehr, shorts, skirt, brassiere, studded brassiere and studded gorget -to sell to the tanner. If your furtraders are all loaded up to 999 though, go ahead and make the high skill/resource stuff like studded legs, tunic, female studded, etc. It's not a waste of resources because you get more skill gain, takes less time to get through the leather, and still yields marginal profits.