Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections

Post by Derrick »

As dicussed in the News forum as "Proposed mechanics changes for era consistency." and in many other threads, the following changes will be in effect on shard restart.

Major changes:
  • House Deeds will be noobied (OSI Patch 5/25/1999)
  • Architects no longer buy deeds, the error in the sell menu is the motivation for this.
  • Real Estate Brokers will added to purchase deeds. (OSI Patch 4/14/1999)
  • Checks removed. There is no need to redeem or worry about existing funds!
  • Gold piles in top level of BankBox will not contribute to Item or Weight restrictions
  • Animal and House Trade Windows removed.
  • You will not be able to place a trash barrel if you already have one.
  • Attack and Item Lift/Use throttle will be treated as separate packet throttles.
  • Spell Interruption from physical attacks will be substantially more frequent (Subject: Interruption.).
  • Explosion potions no longer set off other explosion potions. (OSI Patch 10/1/1998)
Event issues:
  • No trophies for CTF and DD
Other changes and fixes:
  • Monsters that have no corpse no longer drop their items when guardwhacked
  • Craftables that take container resources such as a keg for Potion Keg will require the Keg to be empty
  • Fixed content display gump for Closed Barrels (was showing a backpack)
  • Players must have line of sight to call guards.
  • Dark Steed body and hues corrected. Existing creatures are grandfathered.
  • Loot added back to hellcat and Pred Hellcat
  • Hireables no longer have a minimum set Damage, will be based directly on weapon and skills
  • New damage dice rolls Applied to some animals
  • Surcoats will be tailorable again.
  • Taming difficulty fix for StrongMongbat
  • Potion Kegs pour potions to the container they are in, as long as that container is within the players bank or backpack
  • Shard restart delay is 15 minutes, up from 10
  • Arms coverage for Chain Tunic and Fancy shirt no longer displayed as AR
  • Correction to damage to armor done by macing.
  • A player's active target will be canceled on death
  • Fame will decay over time (Fame is fickle)
Late Additions:
  • Axes and Pole Arms do not need to be equipped to get target or to chop furniture, only to actually lumberjack
  • Due the the number of exploits discovered for boat break-in's, we've extended the minimum proximity between boats back to the original distance.
  • The distance from "his shop" in which a vendor may accessed has been extended somewhat.
Please try to be Very constructive with responses. One liners will be deleted.

The cure poison spell and potion changes did not make it into the patch and are yet to be coded. There has been some debate on the accuracy of the information but we do at this time foresee the changes to come soon.

There may be some extended downtime (15 mins?) in the morning as a result of making the required changes on the shard server.

Tron

Re: Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections

Post by Tron »

With the removal of trophies for CTF and DD is it possible to get them back more frequently?

The event I am most able to make is the one that's usually near 2am or something and I have to not sleep to make it.

I think removing trophies for these events was a great idea. Now anyone attending is there for the pvp and not the item, the events should be even better now.

Great looking patch.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

aXe

Post by aXe »

Ahh Derrick, should I cash my checks then? I don't want like a million gold to be gone overnight.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

SURRRRRRRRCOATS

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

aXe wrote:Ahh Derrick, should I cash my checks then? I don't want like a million gold to be gone overnight.
There is need to be concerned about existing funds. Sorry about the lack of information there, I've updated the O.P.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Bank checks! Trade Windows! Dark Steeds Hue! Trash Barrels! Macing Damage! Weight of Gold in Bank Box! Newbied House Deeds!

This patch is incredible!

No trophies for CTF and DD is great. Is this in an attempt to make trophy point awards even rarer?

Good job Derrick and the Team! This is patch christmas, and UOSA is just getting better :D

Downs

Post by Downs »

so a question about newbied house deeds. If im correct, murderers lose them on death. what about stealing from a murderer? im pretty sure i know the answer to this, but i figure ill ask anyways.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

# Gold piles in top level of BankBox will not contribute to Item or Weight restrictions
I can't remember when, but at some point on OSI banks had weight limits. Is that within the lines of T2A? (I figured I'd ask since you note mentioneds both item count and weight)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

i don't ever recall bank limits. I stopped playing in 2001 or 2002 tho

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RoadKill wrote:I can't remember when, but at some point on OSI banks had weight limits. Is that within the lines of T2A? (I figured I'd ask since you note mentioned both item count and weight)
There are a couple remaining discrepancies with banks, this might be considered one of them. The weight limit on banks was removed on Nov 23 1999. But also gold in sub containers is not supposed to have weight either, and it currently does. I hope to exclude the weight and item count of gold from sub containers as well in a future patch. At that time the issue of bank weight limits could be discussed.

The removal of weight limits in banks was in this patch:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 11/23/1999

aXe

Post by aXe »

Not a big fan of the trash barrel removal..
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Faust

Post by Faust »

Trash barrels must be destroyed with an axe weapon before you can place another.

Nevermind you must have figured it out since you edited your post aXe. :wink:

For those that may not know that is how it works...

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Pack animals to carry large quantities of gold then? I have never had enough gold yet but what about buying houses from a vendor? Large houses are alot of gold right? Do I need to gate a pack horse then dump all the gold on my char to buy a house that way?

HardActToFollow

Post by HardActToFollow »

so when a vendor gives you gold, are they just going to be piles now in the bank? Same for when you sell a house deed?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Vendors subtract gold straight from your bank account if the purchase order is 2000 or more gold.