Is this safe from the house looters?

Topics related to Second Age
Furync

Is this safe from the house looters?

Post by Furync »

My tower is empty at the moment but I'd like to block off the 1 room on the 3rd floor for storage and keep the rest open to the public... would this setup be safe from house looters?

Thanks
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

TheDon

Re: Is this safe from the house looters?

Post by TheDon »

Yes, and everytime you enter use detect hidden on house (will reveal anyone hiding anywhere in a house you own)
Just to be 100% sure.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

These are my macros for housing:

(1) Locking Down

Use Skill: Detect Hidden
Wait for Target
Target Self
Say: I wish to lock this down

(2) Releasing

Wait for Target
Target Self
Say: I wish to release this

(3) Trash

Wait for Target
Target Self
Say: I wish to place a trash barrel

0.0 Detect Hidden still has 100% success vs. GM hiding/stealth in a house in which you are friended/co-own/own.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

It is perfectly safe/
Last edited by Mephistopheles on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

TheDon

Post by TheDon »

can only res standing next to tile of ghost, so as long as you do not leave the barrel in such a place that will allow ressing you will be fine.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Mephistopheles wrote:No, that set up is not safe because it is a public house. Know that any public houses are subject to being "ghosted". This means that a player will use one of their dead characters to bypass your security by simply having them run across it 24/7. Eventually, when you lift the object, the ghost will pass through it and then have made it on the other side, successfully. They can then be resurrected by another player and Mark, Gate, etc to all your loot. Detect Hidden does not reveal a ghost that is not manifested
Actually, it's 100% safe, provided that detecting hidden is used before and after entering. Ghosts can't be ressed across 1 tile, they have to be next to the person that resurrects them, and they can't res with any object blocking their character (ie standing on/under a table).
Mephistopheles wrote:and the only measure against this tactic is that non-friended players are automatically removed from your house when they log off.
Also, any charachter logged out in a public house will be able to log back in that house again, they do not get ejected unless the house is private. So always use detect!

For more information about house security and security barriers, please read this thread: Guide: Ultima Online:T2A House Security 101

venox

Post by venox »

i use that set up, with a secured chest on the table, that holds an axe inside of it!

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

If this server works like most runuo shards, you can leave a ghost with a macro running into that trash barrel. When you axe the barrel to get past, the ghost will run by, after you log out, a third party attacks and leads a wandering healer up your stairs, casts invis on him self, and then the healer will ress the ghost on the other side of the table. double security system is where its at. Hopefully this bug has been fixed here, as most runuo servers correct this issue early on.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Zigo-U- wrote:If this server works like most runuo shards, you can leave a ghost with a macro running into that trash barrel. When you axe the barrel to get past, the ghost will run by, after you log out, a third party attacks and leads a wandering healer up your stairs, casts invis on him self, and then the healer will ress the ghost on the other side of the table. double security system is where its at. Hopefully this bug has been fixed here, as most runuo servers correct this issue early on.
Wandering healers wont res anyone inside a house.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

You can't res in a house full stop?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Nah just healers players can res eachother in houses