UO music

Topics related to Second Age
LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UO music

Post by LargePiece »

I thought I'd start a new thread to ask a question since mucking round with the UO music. Check this post here for some previous conversation: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=966

Anyways, has anyone else noticed there's a lot of music in the UO music folder that never gets played? Take boat travel for instance. Quite a cool track, but my PC never plays it! It's listed in the config.txt file, but never seems to get triggered while I'm in a boat.

There's also some interesting ambient tracks in there (citynight) and many others that don't (at least on my installs) see the light of day. Derrick, do you know where the code is that deals with music? Are there triggers in the game world somewhere that then refer to the config file?

Seems a shame to have good music going to waste. :( Any help would be appreciated!
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Derrick

Re: UO music

Post by Derrick »

LargePiece wrote:I thought I'd start a new thread to ask a question since mucking round with the UO music. Check this post here for some previous conversation: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=966

Anyways, has anyone else noticed there's a lot of music in the UO music folder that never gets played? Take boat travel for instance. Quite a cool track, but my PC never plays it! It's listed in the config.txt file, but never seems to get triggered while I'm in a boat.

There's also some interesting ambient tracks in there (citynight) and many others that don't (at least on my installs) see the light of day. Derrick, do you know where the code is that deals with music? Are there triggers in the game world somewhere that then refer to the config file?

Seems a shame to have good music going to waste. :( Any help would be appreciated!
Yes, music is controlled entirely on the server side. Let me know what's missing and I'll add it.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Ah cool! Thanks Derrick.

Here's a list of the ones I'm pretty sure I've never heard in game. Of course it might be that I just haven't come across the triggers. At any rate:

Ambrosia.mp3

Boattravel.mp3

Citynightedit.mp3 (has cool night time ambient sounds! Owls and stuff!! ;))

ConversationWithGwenno.mp3 (I didn't even know Iolo's better half was in UO!)
Dungeon.mp3

GoodEndGame.mp3 (You can finish UO?)

GreatEarthSerpentsTheme.mp3

grizzle_dungeon.mp3

Linelle.mp3

melisandes_lair.mp3 ( I'm not sure if the lair ones are doom gaunlet tracks... Maybe I just need to look harder to find melaisananadies and paroxyismmus?)Overlordv2.mp3

paroxysmus_lair.mp3

Pubtune.mp3

SelimsBar.mp3

stones.mp3

stones1.mp3 (I seem to remember stones played near moongates in the first version of UO but I don't think I've come across it in ML)Taiko.mp3

Tavern 1,2 and 3.mp3

TheWanderer.mp3

UltimaVIISerpentIsleCombat.mp3 (This has to be a remix! I don't remember the combat music in UIIV p 2 being this cool...)ValoriaShips.mp3

Victory.mp3

Walking.mp3

Zento.mp3

I guessed that the pos/neg town tracks were after the trammel felucca split, so I left them out. I'm also guessing some of the tracks in the music folder only play in later versions of the game. Myabe in Mamawallywhatsit, that new land where everyone hangs on OSI shards these days and other new places. I don't know the names of them as I only played till 2000.

If you could Derrick, it would be ace to add ambient tracks to different zones, ie: forest, desert, mountains, dungeons, etc. Putting triggers in might be an ass of a job, but in case there's something already there that isn't being utilised, I'd love to use to ambient tracks for those areas (chirping birdies, wolf howls etc). There's some pretty cool ones in th Ultima VII soundtrack that I'm like to use.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Music is controlled by the region's settings for areas like cities, dungeons, and bodies of water correct?
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice LargePiece, I'll see how much of this I can get in.
alatar wrote:Music is controlled by the region's settings for areas like cities, dungeons, and bodies of water correct?
It is mostly triggered that way, by changing regions, but can also be forced out on other triggers as well.

Rahvin080

Post by Rahvin080 »

Random trivia, this music was originally in Ultima IX: Ascension, but they added it into UO cause they figured they already had the well produced music, why not add it to a game more than 5 people have played

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Yeah I'd noticed too that some of the tracks are from U9. I've removed most of them though, I don't like to be reminded of such a super average game.