Losing connection and unable to play for long periods

gdidit

Losing connection and unable to play for long periods

Post by gdidit »

Yesterday I logged in and I probably played for about 20 minutes and randomly lost my connection. I couldn't log back in after that, it kept giving me that "Can't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments" error message. I tried for like an hour and gave up. So I tried logging in this morning without any problems, but it was 15 minutes before server wars started so I just logged off. So this afternoon I logged in again and played for like an hour maybe, then left for a bit and came back. 20 minutes later I logged on and the same thing happened that as last night. I came back after awhile and it let me log back in and now it's happening again. Has anybody else encountered this problem or is it unique to me?

Derrick

Re: Losing connection and unable to play for long periods

Post by Derrick »

Wierd.
I have not heard of this, but it is concerning.
Are you retrying when it can't connect? How long doe this seem to last?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Close the client completely instead of just trying to reconnect. Ive noticed that sometimes the client gets bugged and won't connect. When I close it and reopen it connects fine again.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

gdidit

Post by gdidit »

Ronk wrote:Close the client completely instead of just trying to reconnect. Ive noticed that sometimes the client gets bugged and won't connect. When I close it and reopen it connects fine again.
Unfortunately I tried that to no avail.

Everything seems to be going fine at the moment, I've been watching a macro run for 3 hours straight without any problems. I'm hoping that it was just a 24 hour fluke. I will post if I run into the problem again.

gdidit

Post by gdidit »

Derrick wrote:Wierd.
I have not heard of this, but it is concerning.
Are you retrying when it can't connect? How long doe this seem to last?

I am retrying, yes. The first time I gave up after an hour. The second and third times probably lasted about 45 minutes to an hour each and the fourth time it was about 5 minutes. After the fourth time it happened (last night) I haven't had any problems.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

when you log in again turn off the music...I had the same problem when I first started. I havent had a problem since.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

gdidit

Post by gdidit »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:when you log in again turn off the music...I had the same problem when I first started. I havent had a problem since.
Nah that's definitely not it. I've had my sound turned off since day one because of crashes. This is disconnection, not crashing. Either way the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

first question is .. in this time when you can not connect can you still ping shard .. lets rule out outside causes. (via command line)

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

gdidit

Post by gdidit »

Chaos wrote:first question is .. in this time when you can not connect can you still ping shard .. lets rule out outside causes. (via command line)
I tried once and it came back with an average of 31ms and a loss of 0%.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

can we rule out network and maybe hardware (over heating etc) with a second computer with UO installed??

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy