Guide : Cartography

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kaddbar

Re: Guide : Cartography

Post by Kaddbar »

Just as an FYI, world maps from 50 works, but I gained skill faster using the strategy at the beginning of the thread. I am currently stuck at 95.5 real skill, probably just a slow block. However I thought I might include that after several hours of trying to make the perfect razor macro, I have come to a conclusion.

The razor macro:

UseSkill Cartography
Wait for Menu (Any)
Menu Response 4
Pause 10.00sec

End razor macro.

Simply recall to different vendors with only 5 items on your person:
Recall regs, rune to bank, gold.

Buy 120 maps with recalling, then pick a mapmaker to sit by. Make maps using the macro (roughly 20 minutes per stack). Say vendor buy, then sell all your maps with vendor sell (auto sell works great for this). Then buy 120 maps again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The reason you say vendor buy has to do with re spawn. For some reason, if you don't say vendor buy it goofs with the re spawn. You don't have to buy any maps if they have any, only say vendor buy, then sell your maps and the ones from the re spawn will be there. Strange I know, but I have tried both ways multiple times.

So, here's to hoping that 95.5 isn't a new cap.. I've probably spent a good 20 hours playtime so far macroing / buying every 20 min. Once you hit 90 its about .4 per 120 maps. Its been 300 maps since my last gain at 95.5. Hopes this helps whoever else is gaining Cartography. =)

*Edit: Having checked for a gain while writing this post, I hit 95.6 after clicking submit. -.- Should still be good to 99.5.

*Edit #2:99.5 reached, about .2 per 120 for 96-99. Total time: 6 days, maybe 30 hours of actual macro time. Less than 20k spent.
Last edited by Kaddbar on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Red wrote:When you sell the maps back, they are converted into blank maps.
Beware, if you sell the maps back before the vendor has rstocked the blank maps, you'll mess with the respawn amount resulting in less blank maps for sale.
Nothing like selling back 120 maps, only to be able to buy back 20.

There is also a chance you can create an indecipherable map while macroing cartography; good decor item you can sell.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

Can anyone show the full macro that they use? Still getting used to razor.

I dont even care about recalling to different vendors, I will stay at 1 and have my macro wait if need be until vendor is restocked while I am at work.

the using the cart skill macro is easy enough,

use skill
wait for menu
create the map
pause 10 sec

what i dont know how to do is manipulate the vendor, with the buy sell thing.So I can just stand there and buy/sell and make maps.

So if someone with more experience would be so kind as to give me a full macro that I could use would be very much appreciated. I wouldn't mind even giving a gift for your macro depending on what type of toon you play.

thanks in advance.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

You're better off using the sell agent to sell back your maps, and manually buying the maps when you're done. The buy agent is very buggy when it comes to maps, and if the vendor doesn't have any blank maps, you'll buy the next thing he's selling and you'll end up with a ton of city maps.

My process was like this:

1. Manually buy the maps (I had 7 items on me, so I'd buy 118 blank maps.
2. Start Macro (Use Cart, select map, pause 10 secs, loop)
(takes approx. 19 minutes to cycle through 118 maps.)
3. Say vendor buy and check how many maps the vendor has, if the vendor exactly 20, I'd buy them even if I didn't have room in my pack.
4. Sell back all the maps I had on me using sell agent.
5. Pick up any maps that fell to ground from buying and deduct them from the 118 that I need.
6. Repeat.

You really can't afk macro this skill, just because of the buy agent sometimes buying the wrong maps. The key thing to note is that if you sell all your maps back and the vendor only has 20 to sell, the NPC will most likely destroy the maps you sold him and you'll end up having to recall to another NPC to buy more.

If the NPC has more than 20, you can basically keep cycling through the maps you don't destroy. At around 90 Cartography, you will only be destroying about 10-15 maps, so you can basically stay at the same NPC and sell/buyback over and over (as long as the NPC doesn't restock to the default 20.)

Also, its a good idea to log out for the night with the max amount of maps on you that you can carry. That way when you start the next morning, you can start macroing, buyout the default 20 the NPC has, sell your maps, buy back, and be right back at max maps without having to wait for all the NPCs to restock.

I hope that makes sense.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter