Bring back the 1v1 and 2v2 Tourneys!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Would you like to see the 1v1 and 2v2 brought back?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, but only once a week.
35%
Yes, bi-weekly would be great.
35%
No, because I think player run events are better.
24%
No, because I can't pvp and think people who can should not have fun.
6%
No, because I cannot read.
No votes

Total votes: 17

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bring back the 1v1 and 2v2 Tourneys!

Post by Kraarug »

Hemperor wrote: Faust, don't waste your time bothering with Kraarug, I'll quote him from earlier on the league
I can't hack it under the rules the rest of you all play by (about 20 of you) so I am requesting that you bend the rules so they are drastically in my favor, every 15 seconds restoring myself to full health while I hope to hit you for 50%. I understand this is a no-lose situation for myself, any dumbass that has a finger on his right hand can hold down the right click and follow. Sincerely, Kraarug
Hemperor, care to show where you got that quote? I knew that you were a little out there but I never thought you were a lier. Now, I know for certain you are.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Clearly a joke, but that is the essence of what you are saying.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

Kraarug it's obvious you are only trying to make your favorite template unbeatable in these event tournaments. We all know that dexers cannot be beaten when they use pots in a small box. Beating a dexer with a tank mage is utterly impossible as long as the dex monkey isn't a total idiotic newb. The standard ruleset created by the majority of the pvper's over the last decade is setup to balance the playing field among all templates through the best possible way. A dexer can beat a tank mage without pots but a tank mage can't beat a dexer with pots. This is completely obvious without a doubt. The only way a tank mage could beat a dexer in this situation is through ABSOLUTE luck. What you are proposing is to gain an absolute advantage through enhanced items for your template so that you can get a guarenteed win no matter what in these tourney duels. This is actually pathetic if you ask me and shows that you prefer luck/item pvp over personal skill.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Mikel123 wrote:
Faust wrote:Sorry, you're in the minority here as always.

The majority doesn't want to play a stupid game of item attrition.

If that was the case we would all be playing WoW.
I don't really know if this is true - I'd certainly prefer a tourney with potions. Why don't you make a potion-allowable tourney and a non-potion tourney? Then both of you can do what you want, and neither of you have to act like children in the forums. Sound good?
They already have a 2v2 magics tourney STILL, even though there is no 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, standard ruleset tourney.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Also switch up the times nobodys ever online at 12 except randoms

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I've won 4 out of the past 5 tournaments just due to there being no competition online, I'd say run 3 a week...all 8 hours away from each other and switch up which one it is at the time slot each week.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

lol Kraarug you're beating a dead horse man. =/

It is a pro mage mindset over all. I've heard time and time again that if you really wanted to pvp you'd have magery. I've fought a lot of good mages in the field. I've beat a lot of them and I've loss to quite a few aswell. Course it is all because I'm a point and click dexxer.. Not the fact that I make good decisions on when to chug a cure pot or even a heal pot for that matter.

No one will acknowledge that waiting 15 - 18's for a heal is a detriment, or that fact that even in the 90's you can still get the fail message on healing.

Course it is just a point click template right? None the less a lot of mages run around getting most of their damage for a hally hit... They argue that it's the way t2a.. I simply call it irony.

I've done a few of the toruneys on my dexxer and as a result. I met up with a para so the mage could prep his exp/ebolt/hally. But hey I can't complain his skill was just way better than mine right? lol

Catch em on the field.. Least the ones that won't recall and enjoy the fights you get. The tourney is for duelers not pvpers anyhow. I mean who wants to think on his feet and fight at the same time? Real fighting is done where rules dictate applicable actions after all. lol
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hemperor wrote:I've won 4 out of the past 5 tournaments just due to there being no competition online, I'd say run 3 a week...all 8 hours away from each other and switch up which one it is at the time slot each week.
I'm sure a lot of the good pvp'ers follow a similar approach that I do. The tourneys are so stretched far and thin we don't even bother to look for them anymore. For example, I don't go to any unless I literally see it coming up in a matter of minutes by pure luck. If the tourneys were on a regular schedule per week there would be plenty of competition.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We're working towards getting a regular schedule for these. There are currently a couple bugs that need to be ironed out before we can get this finalized.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Faust wrote:Kraarug it's obvious you are only trying to make your favorite template unbeatable in these event tournaments. We all know that dexers cannot be beaten when they use pots in a small box. Beating a dexer with a tank mage is utterly impossible as long as the dex monkey isn't a total idiotic newb. The standard ruleset created by the majority of the pvper's over the last decade is setup to balance the playing field among all templates through the best possible way. A dexer can beat a tank mage without pots but a tank mage can't beat a dexer with pots. This is completely obvious without a doubt. The only way a tank mage could beat a dexer in this situation is through ABSOLUTE luck. What you are proposing is to gain an absolute advantage through enhanced items for your template so that you can get a guarenteed win no matter what in these tourney duels. This is actually pathetic if you ask me and shows that you prefer luck/item pvp over personal skill.
He isnt arguing for his template...

The problem is (as mentioned in other threads) that trophies for PvP tournies are for tank mages only. That is the issue. It shouldbt be call a PvP tourney...

Hey, want a duel? Goto someones tower roof and do it the old school way.

I agree w/ him that having a shard sponsered event that just makes up rules to cater to 1 single class (aka no poison weps gimping a poisoner, no pots gimping dexers along with long heal timers, no stealing or hiding gimping any kind of pvp theif, unlimited food making ZERO penalty for having 25 dex, etc. etc. is just silly.

You can make all those custom duels you want on top of someones tower and self declare who the best tank mages are. But you shouldnt be getting trophies for that..

So if dexers would "own" tournies with pots why not make and enter a dexer?

Is there anything more obvious that there is a problem with the system when you can cast posion but cant use it on a weapon?... and that 9 mana when used right cancels out 200 skill points on another player?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hoots,

There are two different types of tournies... One for the majority based on a common duel rule consensus that has been around for a decade and one(what he prefers) for the minority. Both have the choice to join their desired style for a chance to win a tourney. The argument you provided is invalid since there is not "one" tourney style in existence like you stated in your reply.