Problem with accented letters...

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
sengir

Problem with accented letters...

Post by sengir »

Hello everyone, i'm Sengir, i'm new of this forum but i'm playing UO from 2 weeks....ok there a problem...I'm from Italy, and I use many many many times accented letters like "è" "à" "ù" but in game for every of these letters I see "?" a question mark.....it is terribly boring...anyone can do something for that?? please help us....thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Derrick

Re: Problem with accented letters...

Post by Derrick »

Aye. These aren't representable in the UO font, but I will convert to unaccented letters. Better then ? anyway I hope.

can you send a more complete list of the characters you'd use?

Welcome to Second Age!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

WOW now thats customer service .. lol :) great job derrick that's why people love this shard .. the staff is always out to try and help anyone out from the newest player to our vets .. they just never stop helping.

Thank You to all staff .. even the mys. gm that showed up out of now were to listen to my play my drum in glow :) (still don't know who ya are but good to know your watching )

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

sengir

Post by sengir »

when I was playing in OSI shards there wasn't this problem, and also in other Unofficial shards...I don't know if the cause is the american keyboard that we haven't...letters that makes some problems for us are "à" "è" "ì" "ò" "ù" only these....if you can convert them with a' or e' , etc, for us are the same....thank you very much for helping!!!!

sengir

Post by sengir »

THANKS derrick to fix this problem....a special thanks from all italians that play in this wonderful server!!!!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

sengir wrote:THANKS derrick to fix this problem....a special thanks from all italians that play in this wonderful server!!!!!!
My pleasure :)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Would it be possible to add some Swedish and more Northern European lettering to that list? I think It's been brought up before, and really hope it could be added. Thanks! ;)

å Å
ä Ä
ö Ö
ü Ü

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Safir wrote:Would it be possible to add some Swedish and more Northern European lettering to that list? I think It's been brought up before, and really hope it could be added. Thanks! ;)

å Å
ä Ä
ö Ö
ü Ü
Aye. Of that list, only å & Å appeared to be missing. They will be added on next publish.