Regarding Provoking

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Stephen

Regarding Provoking

Post by Stephen »

I have noticed that when I attempt to provoke something and accidentally click something such as a tree, I have to wait for my skill use delay timer to time out before I can use provoking again. It would seem that in cases such as this when you click on an inanimate object, you shouldn't be subject to waiting for your counter to time out, however I have no evidence of this being true or correct.
Proud merchant of $$$

Progressive Libertarianism - At the forefront of freedom
http://progressivelibertarian.org/

TheDon

Re: Regarding Provoking

Post by TheDon »

drag the health bars and use them as targets :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mistargeting often has a penalty, in spellcasting most mistargeted spells would cost mana and reagents.

Many skills start their reuse timer both when you initiate the skill and when you targeted the skill, but it seemed to vary on a per skill basis as to whether this was the case. More information on this would be needed to make any changes.

Faust

Post by Faust »

My understanding from all the skills in the demo that has a delay if you use them the timer starts initially after use. I think you can even use the skill wait for the timer to elapse and target being able to use it again immediately after targeting if I'm not mistaken. This all ended when they move the skill delays for most skills down to 1 second in early '00 slightly before the UOR publish.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Stephen wrote:I have noticed that when I attempt to provoke something and accidentally click something such as a tree, I have to wait for my skill use delay timer to time out before I can use provoking again. It would seem that in cases such as this when you click on an inanimate object, you shouldn't be subject to waiting for your counter to time out, however I have no evidence of this being true or correct.
I agree with Stephen, I think the full 10 second delay for this skill upon mistarget is excessive and not accurate. Remember, a provo usually depends on this skill like a rouge does hiding. A mistarget at a heated momemnt could mean death and it is annoying. I do not think a provo had to wait a full 10 seconds to re-use a skill that was not 'used'.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I have a provoker, and I feel if you get in the heat of battle and fumble it up due to stress that's just tough jerky. You can run up to creatures hide, or cast invisible and start pulling bars. My screen is usually filled with bars. Provocation is a pretty powerful skill and it doesnt need to be made stronger. It takes little effort to hit control shift drag some bars, and hit your provo hotkey and target. Or you can use the targeting macro hotkeys available on razor.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Provoke attempt stacking. Use it.
?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Kraarug,

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case on the demo. I tested this several months back and skill target failures were very evident on there. The timer if I remember correclty started upon the first phase of skill use when the skill is actually used and had nothing to do with the end phase involving the target. This needs to be verified on the demo for sure though, but I am pretty sure that this is the case.