Help with fishing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
shiffner

Help with fishing

Post by shiffner »

I'm at 93.2 real skill and I have just hit a dead stop. I gained all the way to this from land, fishing off the shore. So I bought a boat thinking I might need to be out on the boat with higher skill. Haven't gained in a very long time.

Anyone have an tips?

Thanks
Zombie/Vietnam

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Help with fishing

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You need to sail the boat in "deep" water, which is something like 30 tiles away from land, but I could be wrong. Just head out to the middle of nowhere, slow-forward and start fishing.

shiffner

Post by shiffner »

Ok, solved the skill gain problem. Definitely have to be way out in the middle of the ocean.

One other question, I've read on the forums on other threads that any pulled up sea serp will have a map or MIB (given you're GM) I have 94 fishing, and every serp I pull up doesn't have a map. I've pulled about 5 or so serps since 94 and no maps. Do I need to be like 95 or something? Wiki says 90+

Thanks again.
Zombie/Vietnam

purplehazze

Post by purplehazze »

You must be GM fishing to fish up MIBs. They usually drop off of Deep Sea Serpants, but can occasionally be found on regular serpants. The Tmaps dont drop 100% of the time anymore. Seems like this change was made about 1-2 months ago. Now, they seem to drop maybe 1 out of 4 Serpants you fish up.

shiffner

Post by shiffner »

Ah, yes. That's what it seems like.
Thanks for the information
Zombie/Vietnam

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Any idea on why staff decided to lower T-Map spawn rate on serps?

Is this to prevent an inflation, or did we find an archive with better information?

Severity

Post by Severity »

What was said here wasn't really accurate. The reason some serpents don't have items on them is when you fish in deep water and fail, there is a chance on the failure to fish up a serpent. The sys message says something like oops that isn't a fish! I don't believe the rates of pulling up maps or MiBs have been tinkered with really. Once you are over 90 you can fish up Tmaps and then once you are GM you can fish up MiBs. There is still a chance even at GM fishing to fish up serpents by accident when you fail.

Guyjeb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Help with fishing - MiB's

Post by Guyjeb »

Hey guys,

I know you need 100 Fishing to find MiB/SoS's, but How much fishing is required to find the cheast by using the sos??

Trying to determine if having GM fishing is not needed for getting the chest, thus putting fishing on another character and saving the room on my T hunter

Thanks
-Jeb

Caps Lock

Post by Caps Lock »

To use the MiB I believe you need GM fishing.

cklabyrinth

Post by cklabyrinth »

I've fished up a few serpents now, but haven't been looking directly at the computer to see if I could hide right after the thing comes up. I don't really want to keep a second character on the boat at all times, since I've got other chars to work, but so far my fisher has died three or four times from the serpent getting stuck on my boat while moving.

Anyone know if it's possible to hide right after you fish up a serpent?

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

why hide from the serps? Sometimes those bitches drop good items. Why I had a serp drop me a pretty decent hally last night.

Return to “Guides”