Lockdown's on Steps / Porches

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Carve

Lockdown's on Steps / Porches

Post by Carve »

I very clearly remember being able to place objects on my steps / porches and successfully lock them down if they were not: 1) in the path directly infront of the door (ex; blocking access to the door completely), or 2) under the houses sign

Even in the offical patch notes listed on the wiki:
Blue PK changes, fishing, and more Mar 28 1999 9:35AM CST
A major optimization was done to houses and boats. You will no longer receive the objects that are on or in houses and boats until you step on them.
- You will still be able to see things that are on the steps.
April 14th update Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST
You will no longer be able to lock things down under your house sign.
No other talk about house's having no lock downs available outside (porches & steps). Therefor the current system would NOT be era-accurate. Or am I incorrect?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Lockdown's on Steps / Porches

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Blue PK changes, fishing, and more Mar 28 1999 9:35AM CST
A major optimization was done to houses and boats. You will no longer receive the objects that are on or in houses and boats until you step on them.
- You will still be able to see things that are on the steps.
This is just talking about loading items on steps and not the contents of the house, this is working great here, was patched this way in the last update. It doesnt imply that things could be locked down on the steps, just that items in general would load on it.
April 14th update Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST
You will no longer be able to lock things down under your house sign.
This was in referance to a bug that allowed you to lock things down under your house sign.

Carve

Post by Carve »

But I can't seem to find anything about locking items down the porch/steps being removed..

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

have you checked our fourms i know there are some grandfathered in so means it must have been changed in a patch .. most things aren't changed to much without feedback and info. from the player base so thats were i'd start my search

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Carve wrote:But I can't seem to find anything about locking items down the porch/steps being removed..
It's not the steps, it's next to a door; you should be able to find that OSI patch.

On a tower, with the bigger steps, you can lock things down there.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 11/23/1998
Targeting an item not already locked down will lock down the item if the following conditions are met:

* The item is not adjacent to a door.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mabye a silly questioned backed by no actual research,
but should be be able to secure on a tower porch then?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

As long as the item isn't within the 9 tiles surrounding a door, you can technically lock or secure anything on the porch. I haven't found anything that suggests you couldn't secure something on a porch.

There is a trick to lock down items on porches, but it requires items that are placed inside locked containers to be locked down (locked down inside a locked down item) something that isn't in place here.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

hiicha wrote:As long as the item isn't within the 9 tiles surrounding a door, you can technically lock or secure anything on the porch. I haven't found anything that suggests you couldn't secure something on a porch.

There is a trick to lock down items on porches, but it requires items that are placed inside locked containers to be locked down (locked down inside a locked down item) something that isn't in place here.
There was also a funny trick where you could lock an item down anywhere...it may of been the same trick. I remember locking a bunch of stuff down out side of my house in the lawn. Of course, the down side is that anyone can click the item once and it released the item. Thus if they tried to move it, they couldn't, but if they clicked it once it would no longer be locked down and became movable.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock