Vista - Razor opens UO in fullscreen only?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Vista - Razor opens UO in fullscreen only?

Post by Mikel123 »

I just had to reformat my Vista hard drive.

Previously, I installed UO from the Mondain's Legacy file, watched it patch up to 5.0.8.3 or whatever, then canceled the rest of the updates and Razor opened it just fine. It was like a normal window that I could maximize, etc.

Currently, I reinstalled Vista, and downloaded the T2A client and ran the 5.0.8.3 patch as instructed. Now when I open UO via Razor, it flashes back and forth between window-size and fullscreen, and settles on fullscreen (blown up large and ugly). Also when I try to log onto my existing accounts, I get stuck at Verifying Account.

Any suggestions? I've set my Vista to Windows Vista Classic, and I've tried disabling Aero on the Razor Properties. My only other guess is to try the ML client, patch to 5.0.8.3.whatever, and go from there. Might this work? Any other ideas? Thanks a lot.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Vista - Razor opens UO in fullscreen only?

Post by Mikel123 »

OK I downloaded the ML client, and it opens nicely now (it's a window versus being auto-full-screened). But, I'm autopatched to version 6.0.1.10 (patch 72). What kinds of problems might that cause me, versus the recommended 5.x.x.x?

Derrick

Re: Vista - Razor opens UO in fullscreen only?

Post by Derrick »

There are some map difference, especially in wind and tera keep.

Sorry i didn't get to this original question sooner. IRC is a good resource for fast answers if you can get someones attention

You can get out of full screen in the 5.0.8.3 client by changing the option in the in game options, <ALT>O, or by pressing <ALT><F4> :(

You were likely getting the error earlier becuase we had some downtime earlier after the server switch.