T2A newlands spawn

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Naljier

T2A newlands spawn

Post by Naljier »

The current spawn in new lands is faaaaar from era accurate.

Monster Spawns
1. Orcs
There are way to many orcs spawning, and some of these need to be orc 'camps' with hostage and treasure chest

Ratmen/lizardmen
2. Some of the monster spawn needs to be ratmen and lizardmen, also sometimes 'camps' with hostage and treasure chest

Corpsers
3. Way to many corpsers spawning, on OSI they only spawned in bogs (including oasis and firedungeon area) or hoppers bog

Giant toads
4. A few giant toads spawned in the bogs near fire dungeon and about 20 or so spawned in hoppers bog (near entrance from britian).... Curretly they're toads everywhere, good for tamers i reckon but far from accurate

Ostards/ridable llamas
5. Back on GL these seemed far more rare than they are here, this could however be due to the amount that were stabled thus limited the frequency that they spawned. Would be interested to see some data on this mechanic as it would affect mare spawns also.

Nightmares
6. Currently nightmares seem to be spawning randomly all over
Mares on OSI spawned in the SE quadrant (south of the vesper cemetary entrance) all the way to the zone walls there
They also spawned at oasis and cyclops valley on occasion
I tamed many and I never saw them near delucia or north of the orcfort (damwin thicket) like they are currently

The one thing that was for certain however was that mares only spawned like for 2 or 3 days every 3 or 4 months. Im uncertain as to what mechanic made it this way, perhaps the number of mares was limited and after so many died or whatever more would spawn every 3 months. Id be interested in knowing why it was this way tho, and if it was the same way on other servers.

To my recollection this is how the spawn was in t2a, any thing anyone can add or disagree with is welcome to do so.
Last edited by Naljier on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: T2A newlands spawn

Post by Hoots »

You sure about the mare spawn locations during the era we are playing in?

There are multiple taming sites that coincide with player memories on the current spawn locations. I know when UOR came out the spawn points changed/increased.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

well, far as i can remember mares didnt spawn north of the vesper cemetary entrance or west of 'the Ru'
except for oasis and cyclops valley that is.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Naljier wrote:The current spawn in new lands is faaaaar from era accurate.

Monster Spawns
1. Orcs
There are way to many orcs spawning, and some of these need to be orc 'camps' with hostage and treasure chest

Ratmen/lizardmen
2. Some of the monster spawn needs to be ratmen and lizardmen, also sometimes 'camps' with hostage and treasure chest

Corpsers
3. Way to many corpsers spawning, on OSI they only spawned in bogs (including oasis and firedungeon area) or hoppers bog

Giant toads
4. A few giant toads spawned in the bogs near fire dungeon and about 20 or so spawned in hoppers bog (near entrance from britian).... Curretly they're toads everywhere, good for tamers i reckon but far from accurate

Ostards/ridable llamas
5. Back on GL these seemed far more rare than they are here, this could however be due to the amount that were stabled thus limited the frequency that they spawned. Would be interested to see some data on this mechanic as it would affect mare spawns also.

Nightmares
6. Currently nightmares seem to be spawning randomly all over
Mares on OSI spawned in the SE quadrant (south of the vesper cemetary entrance) all the way to the zone walls there
They also spawned at oasis and cyclops valley on occasion
I tamed many and I never saw them near delucia or north of the orcfort (damwin thicket) like they are currently

The one thing that was for certain however was that mares only spawned like for 2 or 3 days every 3 or 4 months. Im uncertain as to what mechanic made it this way, perhaps the number of mares was limited and after so many died or whatever more would spawn every 3 months. Id be interested in knowing why it was this way tho, and if it was the same way on other servers.

To my recollection this is how the spawn was in t2a, any thing anyone can add or disagree with is welcome to do so.

The thing about spawns is I think they were NOT exactly the same from shard to shard. I know what you are saying though.. Another thing is to simply "say" spawns were like this is not very much to go by when you are talking about era accuracy. Not knocking what you are saying though.. I welcome others thoughts and comments on this as well... I think it will just be very hard to nail down era perfect spawn points... especially with it varying from shard to shard (like I think it did). Shards were generally the same as far as spawn points but not EXACTLY the same.

If this issue were to really be attacked I think that instead of saying "this is how it was" it would be easier to say "this is how it was not"... then any pending spawn location issues could just be left how it is. Exact replica spawning is, dare I say, impossible.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for this post. Lost Lands spawns have been much less scrutinized on UOSA than Britannia spawns.

We'll compare notes with this list.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

ok the spawn in the underneath part of Terathien keep, in the swamp where the gate used to be, there was a spawn there of both Ophiadians and Tera's i remember watching them fight each other and some times get to loot them before the spawn, it was alot and fast very dangerst.. I thought it was like that here but it got changed in my absence i think????
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

One thing I'll add... Giant Toads are supposed to be hostile to players, I believe. Hence in all the monster listing charts (like our own taming diff level chart), they are listed with the monsters, rather than with the "animals".

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:One thing I'll add... Giant Toads are supposed to be hostile to players, I believe. Hence in all the monster listing charts (like our own taming diff level chart), they are listed with the monsters, rather than with the "animals".
Yeah, I recall this too. The lil frogs were not, and the giant ones were.
Thanks.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

On this topic...

Giant Toads didnt' spawn all along the roads around delucia, as I recall. I dont' ever remember seeing them unless I went to a swamp. Course I am not 100% sure on this but I think someone mentioned it above.

More to the point, there should be 1-3 shepherds spawning north of delucia where all the sheep/cows spawn. My brother use to dress as a shepherd here and wait for people to attack him because people 'farmed' the shepherds.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I was shocked when I went into Hythloth today and almost got eaten by a spawn of daemon and a balron that were never there a week ago.

Thanks for updating the spawn, feels more realistic in that dungeon now.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Redbeard72 wrote:ok the spawn in the underneath part of Terathien keep, in the swamp where the gate used to be, there was a spawn there of both Ophiadians and Tera's i remember watching them fight each other and some times get to loot them before the spawn, it was alot and fast very dangerst.. I thought it was like that here but it got changed in my absence i think????
Yes it was like this previously, I'm not exactly sure why it got changed....I'm guessing they found something in patch notes that proved it to be inaccurate. I was also wondering too because I also farmed that when I used to use my bard.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

The overground region of Tera keep is still really sparse, i thought that got changed?

I think all the Ophidians went home to their lair. The war is over.
?

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

Derrick wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:One thing I'll add... Giant Toads are supposed to be hostile to players, I believe. Hence in all the monster listing charts (like our own taming diff level chart), they are listed with the monsters, rather than with the "animals".
Yeah, I recall this too. The lil frogs were not, and the giant ones were.
Thanks.

lil frogs only spawned in the bogs also, btw

skyrik0408

Post by skyrik0408 »

Spawns could be "blocked" back in the day. I don't remember exactly which era this was in, but I remember that I owned the nightmare and frenzied ostard spawns on Napa Valley. So long as you did not take the tamed creature off of the server it spawned on, it would not respawn. This limited their numbers and kept them rare, though it allowed individuals to have a monopoly on the spawn of them.

Chance

Post by Chance »

skyrik0408 wrote:Spawns could be "blocked" back in the day. I don't remember exactly which era this was in, but I remember that I owned the nightmare and frenzied ostard spawns on Napa Valley. So long as you did not take the tamed creature off of the server it spawned on, it would not respawn. This limited their numbers and kept them rare, though it allowed individuals to have a monopoly on the spawn of them.
~ Xigig ~ Mojoka ~ Shadowclan Orcs ~