Delay on skills

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wernham Hogg

Delay on skills

Post by Wernham Hogg »

Delay on most skills used to be 11 seconds. Unless it was changed late T2A and you decided to go with that.

But from what i remember at early/mid T2A it was definately 11 seconds for Eval.

Im pretty sure same would go for hiding, anatomy and meditation.

Faust

Re: Delay on skills

Post by Faust »

Actually ten seconds. :wink:

This should be on the to-do list too.

Wernham Hogg

Post by Wernham Hogg »

Faust wrote:Actually ten seconds. :wink:

This should be on the to-do list too.
Yea, maybe it was 10 :)

Faust

Post by Faust »

It was always best to set your UO Loop delay to 11 seconds to account for latency on those old slow 56k connections.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. they should be ten, will get to this soon. Thanks.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

If anat and eval delay is changed to 10, the skill rate should be tweaked. it is by far the most time consuming skill to raise on a tank or dexer besides maybe poisoning and resist. Its slower than magery and tactics for sure, perhaps not slower than healing. This seems silly!

When I take stat loss, it takes me 30-36h to come back to 7x, 20h which is spent on anat/eval.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

son wrote:If anat and eval delay is changed to 10, the skill rate should be tweaked. it is by far the most time consuming skill to raise on a tank or dexer besides maybe poisoning and resist. Its slower than magery and tactics for sure, perhaps not slower than healing. This seems silly!

When I take stat loss, it takes me 30-36h to come back to 7x, 20h which is spent on anat/eval.
You need a better multitasking macro :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

RoadKill wrote:
son wrote:If anat and eval delay is changed to 10, the skill rate should be tweaked. it is by far the most time consuming skill to raise on a tank or dexer besides maybe poisoning and resist. Its slower than magery and tactics for sure, perhaps not slower than healing. This seems silly!

You need a better multitasking macro :)
I do anat/eval with 6 second delay during sparring, but it only takes like 3-4h to gm melee/tact with 100 dex. I also was doing it in the middle of magery casting, but it was messing things up b/c it would sometimes take time away from meditation. So now I gm anat/eval before I even do magery. Magery/med takes only 6-8h to gm.
Last edited by Derrick on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: profanity
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Still no word on this? Anatomy and Eval Int are disproportionately more time consuming when compared to magery and melee/tactics.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

son wrote:Still no word on this? Anatomy and Eval Int are disproportionately more time consuming when compared to magery and melee/tactics.
Skill and stat gains seem to be way, way off here.

On the demo, you can manage to GM a combat in a few hours from hitting a guard, however there are two things to think about there:

Guard more than likely has very high combats (higher than possible for a player)
There are no other players drawing from the "skill gain" pool. As batlin said, when opening other clients to gain the same thing on the demo, gains are noticably slow.

Stat gains on the other hand are very few and far between, you can GM a combat and only gain 2-3 points of STR. I remember in era stats were something that took a lot of time and effort to achieve.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hemperor wrote:
son wrote:Still no word on this? Anatomy and Eval Int are disproportionately more time consuming when compared to magery and melee/tactics.

On the demo, you can manage to GM a combat in a few hours from hitting a guard, however there are two things to think about there:

Guard more than likely has very high combats (higher than possible for a player)
There are no other players drawing from the "skill gain" pool. As batlin said, when opening other clients to gain the same thing on the demo, gains are noticably slow.

Stat gains on the other hand are very few and far between, you can GM a combat and only gain 2-3 points of STR. I remember in era stats were something that took a lot of time and effort to achieve.
That's why I turned my fisher 'foodboy' into a dexer. He had high dex and thus it was easier to use him than to delete and restart.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

I sure hope that this shard never goes for era acurate skill gain rates, that would be horrible :(

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Hemperor wrote:

You can gain weapon skill here very fast also just on a fighter or a paladin. It took me roughly 6-8 hrs to gm swords from 0. Stat gain was always easy because of herding, and usually magery/med/eval would round out your intelligence there was not anything difficult about stat gain.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

94 eval int currently on my tamer. Maybe by tomorrow it'll be GM.

Who's idea was this anyway?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

I suspect anat/eval was changed to 6 because people complained it took way too long to GM. I mean, it used to be 10, and one day it was 6 for no reason.

I say either change the skill timer back to 6 or tweak the gain rate so its twice as fast.

Also item id/ arms lore with 10 second delay really sucks :(