Spawn Locations

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Gizmo

Spawn Locations

Post by Gizmo »

As a former developer on another server years back. And being a farming freak back in the day (97-99). I have noticed a few inconsistencies in spawning around various outdoor spawning spots. For convince I will put these in a (x1,y1)-(x2,y2) bounds for the developers if it helps.

Northeast of Brit (wooded area)
(1768,1323)-(1881,1529)
So I made a Melee to start off here, knowing all the old good farming spots in the out door wooded areas. My first area to hit up was northeast of Brit. There seems to be some critters missing along the lines of...

*Gargoyles (2)
*Small Snakes (3-4)
*Ratmen (1-2)
*Giant Spiders (1-2)
*Other creatures there seem good.

Moonglow Island (wooded area east of zoo)
(4573,1340)-(4634,1463)

Greatly spawned the island is but this location. Probably not a big deal to people who mass farm dungeons. But once again those who live off the land would consider it a good location. What appears to be missing are the following critters...

*Black Bears (6-8)
*Grizzly Bears (1 or 2)

Reason being why Moonglow was the place of mages is because it was easier for them to acquire materials for tailoring. Hence the Dozen or so sheep on the island, and all the leather one could manage to get. Easy farming to pay for the reagent mats. There use to be a few guys on how to survive on Moonglow alone. Maybe some people missed it.

Also on Moonglow, there seems to be a lack of mongbats. Yeah I said it lol. But they do give a little cash to help the new people get going. From my memories there are 3-4 missing just around the west side of the graveyard, and 4-6 missing on the west side of town.

As I explore more of the world I will gladly post my thoughts if.. that is okay. Hope this info helps. Thanks for reading.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Spawn Locations

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I know there are all the creatures you stated except maybe spiders surrounding Brit and specifically North East of the city.

The spawn of glow does seem to be more hinds then anything else. There was a discussion about how the environment is impacted by character involvement, and although not fully implemented I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ideas were slipped in.

Just saying so as there seems to be times where there are many Great Hinds rather then the usual variety and I am sure I seen a few bears myself Of course I have.

Do they age I wonder, cretures such as hinds to great hinds? Never seen the progression before.

"If a tree falls in the middle of the forest when no one is around...",you know the saying.

Maybe we need to start using those newbie telescopes and watch for changes in singns, seasons, and spawns?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't myself recall gargoyles that close to Britain. I am however making some adjustments.

Thanks much for this write up.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Krats

Post by Krats »

I also noticed this, but my experience was NE of Vesper near the Shrine.
There use to be gargoyles roaming over there as well.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Krats wrote:I also noticed this, but my experience was NE of Vesper near the Shrine.
There use to be gargoyles roaming over there as well.
Those are in, i used to live up that way and would see a garg pretty often. (unless it was from tmaps?)

Im glad you brought up giant spiders. I remember seeing them all the time (bc as a newb i hated their poison!). I think these are on the short side of the spawn ATM.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Well there was certainly an issue north of Vesper. The spawners in windmere woods were turned off before we changed servers, and were never reactivated.

There should be a little more activity up there now :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."