Latency+Graphic Throttling + Random All Names Spam

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Latency+Graphic Throttling + Random All Names Spam

Post by Mephistopheles »

The bug started when I used an E-Bolt via Razor

It happens when I use the Hotkey and the the apparent "latency" issues (picture watching your character running in place for 10 seconds before the frame changes and he's blocked in front of a tree) is random

After I use the Hotkey, whatever's on screen spams it's name as if I were holding All Names

Then, my character runs three paces, stops, repeats but everything/everyone else runs at a normal pace

When you log into a character and return to the character list on that same account, the last character you logged into is Highlighted Red but I've found that very often this is not the case. Is it random?

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Latency+Graphic Throttling + Random All Names Spam

Post by Mephistopheles »

This is happening when I use any Razor Hotkey now.

EDIT

It is affecting all of my characters.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Is your hotkey a razor or client key?
Are you sure you don't have some macro bound to that same key? Is it possibly a keyboard macro?

I've never heard of anything like this, however if it's not something that's set up accidently as a macro, it might be a corrupted client, although I'm unclear how something so complex could happen that way :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

It is a Razor hotkey and I am certain that I don't have anything else bound

I've been using the same disc since the day I got one for installs and I've kept it in good condition so I don't see how it could be corrupted files either

Reinstall?

As for the character issue, is it the case that the last character logged in on an account will be highlighted red on the character menu? If it is, I think I have someone logging into my accounts

D=

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mephistopheles wrote:It is a Razor hotkey and I am certain that I don't have anything else bound

I've been using the same disc since the day I got one for installs and I've kept it in good condition so I don't see how it could be corrupted files either

Reinstall?

As for the character issue, is it the case that the last character logged in on an account will be highlighted red on the character menu? If it is, I think I have someone logging into my accounts

D=
The last character logged into is highlighted, but this is something that is saved within your client, and not account by account either i don't belive, the server doesn't send the information to you.

It sounds like you have some client issues. A reinstall may help, but again, the first issue is very strange and really seems like it must be being caused by razor or client macros, or some other application on your PC.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

i had this problem when i accedently recorded a macro and linked to same hotkey as another one in uo hotkeys , it plays both and freaks out check all hotkeys in Razor sounds like you recorded allnames then walked , thats why it would do it everytime. its most likely Razor. did it with EZ macros back in the day.

hope thats helps
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Mephistopheles wrote:The bug started when I used an E-Bolt via Razor

It happens when I use the Hotkey and the the apparent "latency" issues (picture watching your character running in place for 10 seconds before the frame changes and he's blocked in front of a tree) is random

After I use the Hotkey, whatever's on screen spams it's name as if I were holding All Names

Then, my character runs three paces, stops, repeats but everything/everyone else runs at a normal pace

When you log into a character and return to the character list on that same account, the last character you logged into is Highlighted Red but I've found that very often this is not the case. Is it random?
I had the "running in place" problem myself last week. I was using a newer version of the client (6.x something) and after uninstalling and reinstalling the version found here I haven't had a problem since.