Patch 111 - Aug 1, 2009 - Guild Naming, NPC Train, Poison

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 111 - Aug 1, 2009 - Guild Naming, NPC Train, Poison

Post by Derrick »

• Guild Changes
    • Guild abbreviations and names must now be unique, are no longer case-sensitive.
    • You will be required to enter a 3 character guild abbreviation when creating a new guild
    • Guild names containing profanity will be declined.
      • As with character names, guild names are displayed on our website and are indexed by search engines.
      • Just like the forums we intend to keep our website indexes family friendly.
      • We do intend to address existing guild names soon.
    • If you've "lost" your guildstone, we now have a method of finding it quickly.
  • House Security: (thanks Caranthir)
    • A Bug allowing Ore to be combined though a house wall is fixed, you must now have Line of Sight.
    • A bug allowing treasure maps to be decoded though house walls has also been fixed
  • Deadly and Lethal poison will drain stamina faster at low health.
  • "A new piece of art for tinkering tools will exist (and be craftable)."
    • "It works exactly like the older piece of art, but is a lot easier to click on."
    • "The old piece of art will still be in use." (thread)
    • This new kit is all the way at the end of the tools group in the tinker menu.
  • Added ASCII character translation for æ and Æ
  • Vendor train responses are era appropriate.
    • They now list all skills using a maximum of three lines of text. (thanks Hemperor)
  • Bards can now train enticement, some existing bards and bard guildmasters do not have this ability yet and need to be respanwed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the server crash on July 30

Caranthir

Re: Patch 111 - Aug 1, 2009 - Guild Naming, NPC Train, Poison

Post by Caranthir »

Good job.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
Anyone have a link for this? I saw what Kraruug posted as evidence and was... underwhelmed.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Vendors are being unresponsive to "vendor train" which works in the demo.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mikel123 wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Anyone have a link for this? I saw what Kraruug posted as evidence and was... underwhelmed.
Look it up yourself champion. It just takes minimum effort. If you played in era you would know.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Kraarug wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Look it up yourself champion. It just takes minimum effort. If you played in era you would know.
Is there another link? Or was it something I missed? Again... I saw yours, and it was pretty unconvincing. I don't care either way, but I have the feeling your interpretation of it was fairly biased by your intense desire to have a more viable dexer pvp template. Just my .02 though.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mikel123 wrote:I have the feeling your interpretation of it was fairly biased by your intense desire to have a more viable dexer pvp template.
:wink:

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mikel123 wrote:
Is there another link? Or was it something I missed? Again... I saw yours, and it was pretty unconvincing. I don't care either way, but I have the feeling your interpretation of it was fairly biased by your intense desire to have a more viable dexer pvp template. Just my .02 though.
My only desire is to have an era accurate replication of T2A as it was in 1999.

I am unsure about how long you have played here but I can tell you that much work has been done over the last 6 months to correct a sever imbalance of non-accurate mechanics. Things were very much non-melee player template centric

And, should you look deeper into your $.02 assumption, you would find that the changes I am proposing would be very damaging towards a non magical dexer in having poison deal out the proper T2A damage.

(BTW, please point out how my main character will benefit from this change. Here's a link for you to review: http://my.uosecondage.com/player.aspx?id=33587 ) Here's a hint, a mace can't deliver poison.

Maybe you can find better resources, and I hope you do, however everything I’ve proposed has been backed up with a citation. From how curing worked, to the damage ticks of poison, to the additional benefit of stamina removal for Deadly Poison.

You are free to speculated all you want concerning mechanics and motivations but until you put up era accurate resources then you really don’t offer much other than unsupported doubt.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
Aye. I think the stamina issue is something that needs to be looked at seperately, as I belive should be unified for all damage, it currently is not.
Perhaps there's an issue with other damage but Deadly Poison specifically had a feature that zapped stamina above normal.

Otherwise making statements like this, which singled DP out, woudln't have made much sense:

Quote:
Deadly Poison damages approximately 10-40% of remaining hit points per 5 seconds and, when the victim of the Deadly Poison reaches about 25% of total health remaining, the poison starts to take away stamina as well…making it exactly as the name implies…deadly. The poisoned victim will get "You feel extremely weak and are in severe pain!" messages.

http://web.archive.org/web/199911040027 ... sessay.htm
EVERY damage drains stamina when health goes below 25%. Why did someone who wrote this in 1999 seem to think DP was special in this sense? I have no idea. But to say that DP takes off EXTRA stamina, when that's absolutely not implied in the quote, nor by any other actual evidence, is a ridiculous assumption.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mikel123 wrote:Is there another link? Or was it something I missed? Again... I saw yours, and it was pretty unconvincing. I don't care either way, but I have the feeling your interpretation of it was fairly biased by your intense desire to have a more viable dexer pvp template. Just my .02 though.
Derrick's Link: http://web.archive.org/web/199911040027 ... sessay.htm
Kaivan's Link: http://web.archive.org/web/200004141517 ... essay.html
UOSA Wiki: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Poisoning
(the only difference between Derrick's and Kaivan's is the damage percentages are off, everything else is word for word.)

If you had been following the poison threads you would be more aware of the current state of poisons and any research being presented:

Pre-Patch 110:
Poisons were miscalculated, had a mininum damage, were extremely weak (you couldn't die just being deadly poisoned) and started to drain stamina at 45% hp.

Patch 110:
Poisons recalculated, some do more damage some do less, you can actually die from Deadly Poison now, although it can take anywhere between 45 secs up to 2 minutes and 25 seconds. Poisons no longer drain stamina (bug due to the way poisons calculated.)

Patch 111:
Poisons now drain stamina when victim is below 25% hp.

Funny thing is, poisons used to drain more stamina before we started researching it, and you're just now bitching about it?

(edit: added additional link)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

hiicha wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Is there another link? Or was it something I missed? Again... I saw yours, and it was pretty unconvincing. I don't care either way, but I have the feeling your interpretation of it was fairly biased by your intense desire to have a more viable dexer pvp template. Just my .02 though.
Derrick's Link: http://web.archive.org/web/199911040027 ... sessay.htm
Kaivan's Link: http://web.archive.org/web/200004141517 ... essay.html
UOSA Wiki: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Poisoning
(the only difference between Derrick's and Kaivan's is the damage percentages are off, everything else is word for word.)

If you had been following the poison threads you would be more aware of the current state of poisons and any research being presented:

Pre-Patch 110:
Poisons were miscalculated, had a mininum damage, were extremely weak (you couldn't die just being deadly poisoned) and started to drain stamina at 45% hp.

Patch 110:
Poisons recalculated, some do more damage some do less, you can actually die from Deadly Poison now, although it can take anywhere between 45 secs up to 2 minutes and 25 seconds. Poisons no longer drain stamina (bug due to the way poisons calculated.)

Patch 111:
Poisons now drain stamina when victim is below 25% hp.

Funny thing is, poisons used to drain more stamina before we started researching it, and you're just now bitching about it?

(edit: added additional link)
Apologies for not being able to follow the 7 threads closely enough. So it appears, poison drains stamina in the same amount/manner as other damage. This sounds perfect from my recollection and from the pieces cited.

As for "bitching", I'm not really sure where that comment comes from. I don't use DP, nor do I get DP'ed, so I don't particularly have a stake in the result of the discussion. I just felt like Kraruug was misinterpreting something, and changes were being made based on an odd interpretation, so I wanted to try to help correct that from my perspective if I could. I don't care if what happens now is more, less, or exactly equal to what it was. I care that it's right; that's all.

Return to “Patch Notes”