Getting quest NPCs to respond..

Topics related to Second Age
Rahvin080

Getting quest NPCs to respond..

Post by Rahvin080 »

Is a little ridiculous. You need to know the exact combo of words it seems. My miner is one the mining quest currently, he has to talk to Horace in Vesper. Well I go up to horace, ask every possible question relating to "map, gem, quest, lorraine, lord british, sword", but he just wanders around like the moron he is. Is there some way to get him to continue the quest, or do I have to continue to spam different versions of these things till I find it?

alatar

Re: Getting quest NPCs to respond..

Post by alatar »

Hello, Hail, Hi.. trying greeting him instead of shouting words at him.. If you walked up to a real person irl and said 'SWORD' do you think they'd respond...
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

I would :oops:

Rahvin080

Post by Rahvin080 »

That was the first thing I did, he doesn't respond to any sort of greeting

alatar

Post by alatar »

It depends on how far through the quest you are. If theres a certain object hes asking you to find, or return, trying talking about that. Try keywords like: where, who, and sorts like that. If hes asking for a specific item try talking about that.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Euph

Post by Euph »

Heh if you think that's hard, try mudding:D

I used to play/admin/program for a couple muds and it was ALL about context:D

Rahvin080

Post by Rahvin080 »

alatar wrote:It depends on how far through the quest you are. If theres a certain object hes asking you to find, or return, trying talking about that. Try keywords like: where, who, and sorts like that. If hes asking for a specific item try talking about that.

I really don't wanna sound like a dick, but I already asked all that stuff already, as mentioned in my first post. I have combined all forms of "Where is the gem" or "Do you have the map?" "Where is the map?" and all manner of things in different ways. I even went so far as to say "Hello Horace, Lorranie sent me to you to find a map revealing the location of lord british's sword gem. Do you have it?" Really what I'm asking is do I have to find an exact trigger, or could there be something else I'm missing, some kind of targeting issue.

alatar

Post by alatar »

It's hard to say, most are word triggers. Sometimes its a single word, and it has to be exact for it to trigger. I've not done the mining quest, maybe you need to have an item to continue further.. The only thing I do know is that you need to be on Fire Isle to complete the quest.. that's the only real help I can offer you..
#1 PK Guild on T2A

Rahvin080

Post by Rahvin080 »

alatar wrote:It's hard to say, most are word triggers. Sometimes its a single word, and it has to be exact for it to trigger. I've not done the mining quest, maybe you need to have an item to continue further.. The only thing I do know is that you need to be on Fire Isle to complete the quest.. that's the only real help I can offer you..
ahh thanks, looks like I need to stand around a little more I suppose and ask him

*edit* I paged Derrick out of frustration, and it seems Horace is bugged atm. He won't respond to anything, so it'll be fixed later

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rahvin080 wrote:Is a little ridiculous. You need to know the exact combo of words it seems. My miner is one the mining quest currently, he has to talk to Horace in Vesper. Well I go up to horace, ask every possible question relating to "map, gem, quest, lorraine, lord british, sword", but he just wanders around like the moron he is. Is there some way to get him to continue the quest, or do I have to continue to spam different versions of these things till I find it?
Somehow horace got broken. "Hi" almost always gets the quest started. I'm working on getting him fixed. Not sure what happened.

I'm really sorry you spent so much time on this, I'll let you know as soon as it's working.