Installation setup/issues

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Installation setup/issues

Post by Kryptonical »

Hi -

I have asked in irc, I've followed all the FAQ's step by step and i'm still having problems. I'll try to give as much info as possible. I am running Windows 7, I've downloaded all my files from uosecondage.com. Installed the full package, patched it successfully, downloaded razor from here.

I run it and get a "Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. some text may not be displayed." I'm running razor as admin, and compatability set to windows xp sp2.

I hit ok to that error msg and razor opens up, I input the necessary info for the server. I hit connect and it opens uo. Uo says patched to 5.083, I put in my login and password hit enter and less then a second later it says it cant connect to the server and to try again later.

Any suggestions? ideas?

for an update:
PeerBlock and my windows firewall were ganging up and bannin me from accessing UO. So for an update I am now able to log in and play. However I still receive the cant find cliloc thing every time I start razor...I'll test it to see if I crash from that at all.
Last edited by Kryptonical on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Installation setup/issues

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

That happened to me...I had to reinstall and patch first before actaully running UO and then (though it lasted more then a second) I had to turn off music in order for it to play interrupted. I had tons of problems setting up, its a big file to download and I did it at least 5 times. I thought maybe there was some corruption due to all that information being transferred.

Alot of people had to turn off music...it's worth a shot if you can access it before you get booted out.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Update:

I have been able to log on and play for short bits, however today I went in and change some of the razor options (minor stuff, auto open doors and stuff like that). I also forced game size window and it said I had to close the program and reopen it before it would take effect.

Close the program now when I double click on razor I get:
"Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. Some text may not be displayed."

I then hit ok and I get another error that is exactly the same...so two cliloc errors in a row...

THEN

I hit ok on the second cliloc error message and get:

Error title: Could not start client
"Unable to launch the client specified. (Error: UNKOWN_ERROR) TwoD: "-null-"

my only option is to hit ok then it closes...
any help appreciated

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is commonly a client version error. Hoever you say it's displaying 5.0.8.3
I'm assuming you've made no client file modifications

This could just be a corrupt client. I'd recomend reinstalling from the 5.0.8.3 installer on our website.

This may also be an issue with Windows 7 :/

Windows vista has driver problems with this client. Many players have to turn off their music to keep from crashing, but not all players.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

There are two versions of razor you can choose from to download...
I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, mind you.

The way to find a needle in a haystack is to burn it down.

If it can't find the client location...perhaps you may have to change where you are keeping the razor file or perhaps even the patch.

There was an instruction to make sure to patch to 5.0.8.3 before running UO right after you downloaded or installed it.

If you patched after, well that could be the problem right there and a reinstallation may be required.

Like I said I dont know. I just know what I had to do.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.