Client Crashing

Reyhan

Client Crashing

Post by Reyhan »

Hello all,

I am new to UOT2A, but have been a long time OSI player. This is my first time on a freeshard.

I followed the download and install directions and I am able to log into the game just fine.

It seems when I try to set up a macro with Razor, I would get frequent client crashes. I beileve my friend is having the same issue, however I do not know specificaly when the client crashes were hapening to him.

I am on windows7 (64bit), as is my friend.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reyhan

Re: Client Crashing

Post by Reyhan »

I have followed this part from the faq:

"While I'm playing I get the windows gump informing me that "Ultima Online Client has encountered a problem and needs to close." And would I like to send an error report to microsoft. Any idea what could be causing this issue?
Solution found by Derrick:
This problem has been linked to the ingame music, the auto-death-screen capture, and Vista in general. You can turn off the in-game music with <ALT>O, it's on the first tab. Auto-death-screen capture is in razor under screenshots and if vista, right click on razor, properties, cobpatability, and run in compat for WinXP SP2. This solution has also worked for people that encounter a problem in which UO crashes randomly, sometimes after an hour, or after 5 minutes. You do not always get the error."

I will see if this fixes my problem (I think it will)

Thanks Derrick!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Reyhan wrote:Thanks Derrick!
Keep that on your clipboard at all times, cause you're gonna be saying it alot.

Derrick FTW!
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

r0b
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by r0b »

Get a real OS. Like Windows 95

Windows 7 = Beta crap