Gating Objects

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Colisseus

Gating Objects

Post by Colisseus »

Was it possible through ERA 3rd party programs to have a macro to double click a moongate while holding a heavy object that you would otherwise not be able to move with?

It's the popular way of transporting ore etc. around here, curious as to whether it was actually possible back in the day.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gating Objects

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It was possible then. Used to gate ore from my boat. Cast gate, move 2 tiles away, dbl click gate, walk next to gate, pick up ore, last-object.

Colisseus

Post by Colisseus »

Ah, completely overlooked Last Object... Simple answer, thanks Matron.

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Colisseus wrote:Was it possible through ERA 3rd party programs to have a macro to double click a moongate while holding a heavy object that you would otherwise not be able to move with?

It's the popular way of transporting ore etc. around here, curious as to whether it was actually possible back in the day.
Definitely must have been as Matron de Winter said. I remember standing hidden on the beach south of Vesper outside a tower, minding my own business, when a guy gated in and dropped 20k iron ingots right next to me. I had no idea how the hell he did it and I spent a lot of reagents failing to duplicate it.
Fast forward to Razor today and it's easy.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Forget last object.

Cast Gate. Walk one step away. Pick up 20k ingots. Move one step onto the gate.

And you're on the other side with your ingots. With 0 stamina, but you're there.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mikel123 wrote:Forget last object.

Cast Gate. Walk one step away. Pick up 20k ingots. Move one step onto the gate.

And you're on the other side with your ingots. With 0 stamina, but you're there.
Tried this today with a 2038 stone chest; I was out of stamina by just attempting to step into the gate tile.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hmmm... this may not be accurate then... I'm pretty positive this was possible - you always got at least 1 step while overloaded. Sometimes it would only drain some stamina, in which case you'd be able to take a few more steps. If you had a TON of weight, like you just did, you'd get one step and that step would drain you to 0. But you'd be on the other side.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Actually, I believe over a certain weight it was checked before the step and would insta-drain you.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Mikel123 wrote:Hmmm... this may not be accurate then... I'm pretty positive this was possible - you always got at least 1 step while overloaded. Sometimes it would only drain some stamina, in which case you'd be able to take a few more steps. If you had a TON of weight, like you just did, you'd get one step and that step would drain you to 0. But you'd be on the other side.
This is what I remember as well.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

If that were the case, you'd be able to carry ANY amount given enough time. Just step and wait for 2 stam and step and wait.

I CLEARLY.. CLEARLY... remember having to walk objects by dropping it every few tiles.

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

wasnt this considered as "frogging" and you got punished if caught? just curious

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Cutpurse wrote:If that were the case, you'd be able to carry ANY amount given enough time. Just step and wait for 2 stam and step and wait.

I CLEARLY.. CLEARLY... remember having to walk objects by dropping it every few tiles.
Two "clearly"s or three?

That would be inefficient... it's easier to leapfrog as Homie calls it. You just stay still, drag it from one side of yourself to the other, move a few spaces, repeat. No stamina loss, because you're standing still while the ore is actually moving.

The only reason you'd ever move while the ore was picked up would be to step into a moongate.

I don't believe it was punishable or punished.