Item ID macro

Topics related to Second Age
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Item ID macro

Post by Mikel123 »

Is there a way to set a macro to loop Item ID through a backpack of 125 items?

I've recently gotten into treasure hunting, but I don't have nearly enough Item ID wands to ID everything in every chest. And buying ID wands is cost prohibitive, since 98% of the junk in these chests is a Floppy Hat of Feeblemind.

I wouldn't mind throwing it all in a backpack and bringing it to a safe place to be IDed by an alt, but the 10 second cooldown is miserable and I cannot think of a way to set a macro for "target next/random item".

Does anyone have any clever ways to do this?

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Item ID macro

Post by Duke Jones »

So, basically for item ID... you want immediate gratification, without having to work at skill, or spend gold?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Hmm, nothing quick comes to mind.

Things to consider...

1. You can create "by type" macro's for different types of items (katanas/hally/floppy hats)
2. You can also tag item to be display the count so you can can if "katana" < 1 then, item ID by type.

So you could put in a ton of time to set up all the by types for loot, then set up all the counters, then write a super long set of ifs to go through and it mostly everything (the bytype wouldnt always actually target everything)

3. After doing this, kindly send me the razor macro and display text files :D

I doubt anyone would do the above, but maybe something here will spark another Idea.

Anyway to target a "use once"? if so i think you can add a bag of stuff to use once?
Last edited by Hoots on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Duke Jones wrote:So, basically for item ID... you want immediate gratification, without having to work at skill, or spend gold?
i dont read it like that... i have 3 gm id'ers (one on each account). It is still painful to sit there and ID bags and bags of stuff with tons of oysters and few pearls... The 10 second delay is pretty stupid. I would be cool if certain skills at 100 skill resest to 1 second delay...(id, arms, taste, animal lore) Why didnt OSI think of that!

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Hoots wrote:
Duke Jones wrote:So, basically for item ID... you want immediate gratification, without having to work at skill, or spend gold?
i dont read it like that... i have 3 gm id'ers (one on each account). It is still painful to sit there and ID bags and bags of stuff with tons of oysters and few pearls... The 10 second delay is pretty stupid. I would be cool if certain skills at 100 skill resest to 1 second delay...(id, arms, taste, animal lore) Why didnt OSI think of that!
Ok... fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood. I'm GM fisherman, So, I'm constantly pulling up chests with maybe 3k or so gold, loads of regs and scrolls and bunches of magic items.

Maybe its not the same as a T-hunter but I don't really see why its so painful to wait 10 secs to appraise an item. I mean, once you start getting decent skill in Item ID, you can Identify at a fairly successful rate. If you don't get it on the first try, wait 10 secs, and Hit the last skill, last target key.

To me it's like Christmas! :) I don't bitch at the people nice enough to give me a present because it's a hassle to unwrap it, you know? Once you ID that silver hally of vanq, who cares that it took you 10 secs to ID it? That's part of the fun! The anticipation, the mystery of what's in the box.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hoots, this actually gives me a good idea. I wonder if I could set a macro that checks a "Target by Type" and cycles through EVERY type of item - every armor, every weapon, every shirt and hat and necklace and bracelet. I figure I could Edit Timeout and set that to 1 second, then make a sysmessage to check for me succeeding at IDing the item. If I succeeded (basically, if I found an item of that type) I would pause 10 sec. If not, I'd continue onto the next type.

A couple cycles of this would probably do the trick, and if I happened to have more than 1 of a weapon type, I could manually ID it as I was in the process of sorting the bag (i.e. the 10 sec cooldown wouldn't hinder me at all).

I like the counter idea too; my IDer doesn't need to have reagents and stuff in his counter bar... though I think 35 weapons plus 35 armors plus probably another 50 clothing/hat/wand/jewelry pictures would flood the bar and maybe crash it.

Anyways, I'll mess around with these ideas and see if I can come up with something. I don't mind putting the work into it (with the ability to paste macros in text, I could rig this up in Excel pretty easily), I'm just curious if it can be done.

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

Mikel123 wrote:Hoots, this actually gives me a good idea. I wonder if I could set a macro that checks a "Target by Type" and cycles through EVERY type of item - every armor, every weapon, every shirt and hat and necklace and bracelet. I figure I could Edit Timeout and set that to 1 second, then make a sysmessage to check for me succeeding at IDing the item. If I succeeded (basically, if I found an item of that type) I would pause 10 sec. If not, I'd continue onto the next type.

A couple cycles of this would probably do the trick, and if I happened to have more than 1 of a weapon type, I could manually ID it as I was in the process of sorting the bag (i.e. the 10 sec cooldown wouldn't hinder me at all).

I like the counter idea too; my IDer doesn't need to have reagents and stuff in his counter bar... though I think 35 weapons plus 35 armors plus probably another 50 clothing/hat/wand/jewelry pictures would flood the bar and maybe crash it.

Anyways, I'll mess around with these ideas and see if I can come up with something. I don't mind putting the work into it (with the ability to paste macros in text, I could rig this up in Excel pretty easily), I'm just curious if it can be done.
You could do this without razor, with an external keystroke/mouse movement program. I know razor is the only supported "helper" program, but I think Derrick said once that things that interact with the client through the interface rather than through packet injection are OK. I am not a UOSA Lawyer, so seek proper legal advice before attempting the following:

Step 1 put all the items in a box

Step 2 smash the box in your house so all items are on one tile and in the same Z axis.

Step Three: record a macro that holds down CTRL SHIFT (without letting go) and uses ITEM ID then targets the location on screen where the item names pop up.

Wait ten seconds
use skill
target location
RIGHT CLICK (gets rid of the name of the "top" item)
wait 10 seconds
use skill
RIGHT CLICK

etc.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Hoots wrote:
Duke Jones doesn't use macros.....anymore now that he is GM.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: Duke Jones doesn't use macros.....anymore now that he is GM.
huh?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Mikel123 wrote:Hoots, this actually gives me a good idea. I wonder if I could set a macro that checks a "Target by Type" and cycles through EVERY type of item - every armor, every weapon, every shirt and hat and necklace and bracelet. I figure I could Edit Timeout and set that to 1 second, then make a sysmessage to check for me succeeding at IDing the item. If I succeeded (basically, if I found an item of that type) I would pause 10 sec. If not, I'd continue onto the next type.

another thought... If you set up the by types, you could combine organize agents with sys msg if statements to do some cool auto sorting. (If Sys msg *vanq or *reflect or *tele, etc. etc., then organize agent 1.)

Ill take a look at use once when i get home to see if there is any way to target a use once and if you can add in bulk to it..(which the latter i think you can)

edit... come to think of it.. a restock-organize macro may be the thing to look into. (havig the items on you may be thinking in the wrong direction)

Pull 1 item from a chest, id it, organize it to it appropriate area?
Last edited by Hoots on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Problem with "by type" is the macro will continue to run the loop over the already IDed item, there is no reason for it not too.

@Duke Jones:
Many people here are always worried about MAXing profit and what not instead of taking their time and enjoying the experience so to them 10 seconds of delay between every item they ID is a lifetime.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I ID like this:

Use skill item ID
Pause 5 secs
Doubleclick ID wand
Pause 5 secs
Loop

Click and drag items, goes by really fast. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I pull in more ID wands than I burn through, so it's working out great for me.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

This is my ID macro:

UseSkill ItemID
Pause 1.00 sec
Loop

When you get a targer cursor just click a new item. The 10 second timer gives me a chance to decide if I want to sell the item or keep it, and where to put it if I do keep it. I don't see a problem with the timer at all.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Ok Mikel... here is what i came up with for Auto ID'ing.

*the thinking here is this is a process to run once a couple weeks to sort multiple chests of sh1t*

Have a starting chest that you either manually add all of one item type to, or just set up restocks/organize to fill your starting chest with 1 type of item.

Your main macro

Restock 1 item to your pack.
Item ID by type
Organize to loot chests by sys message.
Loop

When done, you would have to change the bytype and populate your starting chest with the next item.

this may work out as semi-afk ID'ing. (question is... will ID by type hit the single weapon in your pack or hit the weapons in the chest? If it isnt hitting your pack item then you would have to macro stepping away from your chest to id and then back to restock...which would suck)

Use once... Cant get it to work. You can def add a big bag of stuff to your use once list with a single click but i couldnt find a way to have razor target a use once. Anyone have any tricks on this? If you could target a useonce, thats the answer and a simple macro.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yup, agreed on the UseOnce - that's as far as I got as well.

As for the macro, that's clever thinking with the Organize agent. Only issue is, you'd need 125 bracelets, or 125 "magic shirt" items, or some large number, to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, you just have like 60 chests with 3 or 4 of each item in them, and you have to edit the macro for type every time you finish a chest, which would be not long.

I'm still leaning towards adding every item type to a macro with a 1-sec timeout. It would be SO much better if it could deal with multiples of an item type, but nothing's perfect I guess. In any case, I have to travel this week/weekend, so maybe next week I'll try to build out this massive macro of item types :-)