Question About Armor

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Question About Armor

Post by Mephistopheles »

Bone Arm Plates (Irreparable) 40 30/4.2 26-30

Since "30" indicates it's rating for your arms, does that number mean a person's weapon swing has a chance to be negated altogether because of armor absorption (like "deflecting" a weapon swing with your arm plates) and the second number (4.2) indicates how much AR is calculated to determine damage mitigation when a hit lands?

If that's not the case then what exactly is the point of the extra number? Seems kind of superfluous.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Question About Armor

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Mephistopheles wrote:Bone Arm Plates (Irreparable) 40 30/4.2 26-30

Since "30" indicates it's rating for your arms, does that number mean a person's weapon swing has a chance to be negated altogether because of armor absorption (like "deflecting" a weapon swing with your arm plates) and the second number (4.2) indicates how much AR is calculated to determine damage mitigation when a hit lands?

If that's not the case then what exactly is the point of the extra number? Seems kind of superfluous.
Second number I believe constitutes to the overall ar of your character. Also you can score a hit over 30 damage easy.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: Second number I believe constitutes to the overall ar of your character. Also you can score a hit over 30 damage easy.
Okay so does this mean the second number adds to my AR rating?

If I do over 30 damage to somebody while they're wearing armor, does this mean that I'm doing over 30 damage without the benefit of the non-armor?

Thanks

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Some areas are more vulnerable then others...such as the head and neck. Whether armoured or not when struck these places take heavy damage on the norm.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Invigorating your armor with laxatives bought fresh off the market from a friendly Blacksmith southwest of Occlo will cause your platemail gorget of studded rings to be all shiny.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The 4.2 is the AR when worn on that body location, and that's the maximum damage that will be absorbed if the hit lands there. The 30 is the ar of the armor type, and it's what your ar would show if you had bone covering all body locations; not possible of course, but this example would work for plate armor.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

so 4.2 would be part of total ar...the 40 30 would possibly be full suit with and without sheild.
So overall ar is one thing but there are specific places where you hit. Are these calculated in a sort of critical strike? If not what is the purpose of overall ar if each location has an individual rating and each hit has a target area?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:so 4.2 would be part of total ar...the 40 30 would possibly be full suit with and without sheild.
So overall ar is one thing but there are specific places where you hit. Are these calculated in a sort of critical strike? If not what is the purpose of overall ar if each location has an individual rating and each hit has a target area?
The "overall ar" that is displayed is never used in the combat calculation, it's simply the sum of the AR on each of your body locations. The AR for each piece is scaled based on body location.

For more info, see here at step 8, determin hit location:
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/combat.html

all combat tables are listed here:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=443
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

All of my above statements are currently under review, something looks wrong here.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Mephistopheles wrote:Invigorating your armor with laxatives bought fresh off the market from a friendly Blacksmith southwest of Occlo will cause your platemail gorget of studded rings to be all shiny.
Okay so you wanted a smith...
The way you asked in another thread was kind of out there. Now I can see why you were concerned.
Before I thought you were just going too deep into it.
Still kind of out there though.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Found a huge problem with armor damage absorbion. Armor should be absorbing way more damage than it is. Putting this up on Test Center.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I guess "oops" would be the proper word right now. :lol:

Good catch Derrick.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:Found a huge problem with armor damage absorbion. Armor should be absorbing way more damage than it is. Putting this up on Test Center.
What perfect timing.. About to introduce my dexxer into the field..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Armor damage absorption was being based on the scaled location value. It should be on the full value. This has been in error for a long time. This change will also increase breakage, as the armor is absorbing more damage. The durability rate decrease per absorbed appears to be correct.

The difference in absorption will be at a minimum, 2.27 times greater for the breastplate hits, more pieces at lesser locations, it's much more tremendous of a change.

This correction does not effect parry, who's calculations were correct.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Before I made this thread:
- Speed of Attack = 48
- Determine % Chance to Hit (Hit)
- Base Damage (25)
- +STR/100 = +5
- +Tactics/GM = +12.5
- +Anat/GM = +5
TOTAL DAMAGE: 47.5
- Double Spells Vs. NPCs (NA)
- Magic Defenses (NA)
- Shield Check (NA)
- Determine Hit Location (Neck)
- Modify for AR Absorption/NPC-Made Plate Gorget = < -3 - -5 Damage (46.5 - 42.5 Damage)
- Half = 21.25 Damage

After I made this thread:
- Speed of Attack = 48
- Determine % Chance to Hit (Hit)
- Base Damage (25)
- +STR/100 = +5
- +Tactics/GM = +12.5
- +Anat/GM = +5
TOTAL DAMAGE: 47.5
- Double Spells Vs. NPCs (NA)
- Magic Defenses (NA)
- Shield Check (NA)
- Determine Hit Location (Neck)
- Modify for AR Absorption/NPC Made Plate Helm, Gorget, Arms, Torso, Legs, Gloves = -15 - -30 (32.5 - 17.5)
- Half (16.25 - 8.75)

8.75 Damage for a Neckshot

This will make the hit location determination unnecessary, so your 7% chance of hitting a person's neck doesn't matter any more. Please don't do that because of my forum a-holery :(

Oh well, lesson learned.

Sorry dexxers.

Return to “New Player Help”