Stealth while mounted and hiding cooldown time

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Stealth while mounted and hiding cooldown time

Post by zzyzx »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
zzyzx wrote:Yes, but is hiding on a horse, stealthing, and dismounting while the horse stays hidden era accurate?

We go for era accuracy, strange bugs and all... Peacemaking didn't work properly in OSI T2A, therefore it doesn't work properly here.
Not true I have read posts made during that era where bards would use peacemaking to unprovoke mobs when people tried to snatch their loot and take their kills.
Then you may want to find/post those because I don't believe that peacemaking provoked mobs works atm.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Faust

Post by Faust »

Peacemaking doesn't unprovoke mobs here?

Peacemaking wasn't "broke" during t2a. The skill functioned as it was designed too. The only people that use the "broke" comment are those that don't realize the skill worked this way during the era instead of the major upgrades that it received over time. The skill would simply make ever mobile in line of sight with the bard to stop combat. This function is quite similar to making people tab out instantly in mass for example.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't mounting or dismounting a horse be a revealing action?

Does anyone remember horses appearing and disappearing out of nowhere because hidden players were getting on and off them?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't mounting or dismounting a horse be a revealing action?

Does anyone remember horses appearing and disappearing out of nowhere because hidden players were getting on and off them?
All the time; it was a dead giveaway someone was hidden and either a.) feeding their mount or b.) fixing to stealth somewhere.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

hiicha wrote:
Derrick wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't mounting or dismounting a horse be a revealing action?

All the time; it was a dead giveaway someone was hidden and either a.) feeding their mount or b.) fixing to stealth somewhere.
The more i think about this the more i think you are right that horses should vis on dismount.

If not, people would have been greifing dungeon doors, house doors and any other narrow passages with inviso horses told to stay...

I was rarely mounted with my stealther so i cant really say 100% one way ot the other though...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Maybe not if you used stealth first and then dismounted to actually use the skill. That would que the horse to stealth with you once you dismounted. Of course you cant stealth while upon it.

It could very well be people didn't know how to do this properly. Most of the playerbase here was like 12-14 when and if they played UO in 98-99.

Today alot of those players are thinking outside of the box, yet others are afraid to come out of it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

hiicha wrote:

Thanks. I had never seen this.

However, it is definitely an error that the horse is not updating nearby clients when dismounted and the fix for this has already been coded. As far as using the stealth while on the mount, I belive the current behavior is correct, you cannot actually move stealth-ed while mounted.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Well if you can't have your mount stealth behind you, then you shouldn't be able to dig up treasure chests and mount before it is completely finished. It literally states you can't dig up treasure chests mounted, where it doesn't say a thing about having your mount stealth behind you.

How about the reds not being able to insta log from their houses or being executed when their head was returned. Any proof that OSI changed that yet?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: How about the reds not being able to insta log from their houses.
I'm probably late on this convo but...
I know there is a patch that directly addresses that murderers can't insta log from their houses, this is a weird one to have here

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Well if you can't have your mount stealth behind you, then you shouldn't be able to dig up treasure chests and mount before it is completely finished. It literally states you can't dig up treasure chests mounted, where it doesn't say a thing about having your mount stealth behind you.
It's not that the horses were steathing, they just weren't sending out notification packets to clients when they were dismounted, anyone coming onscreen anew, or hitting their resynch key would see the mount.

The other things you mention may or may not be correct, but completely unrelated to this topic.