Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs

Post by Derrick »

• Armor hit location chances were discovered to be very slightly off (< 1%) for some body locations and have been corrected. This may effect displayed AR on some armor combinations due to rounding.
  • Shield AR display based on Parry caps out at 50% of shield AR for display purpose only, this has no impact on shield mechanics, but was only a displayed AR error.
  • NPC's will no longer respond to players speech if they are out of line of sight
  • Pets no longer 'follow' on claim from stables, nor have their order set to 'stay' when stabling
  • Dismounting a pet when hidden will no longer cause the pet to remain hidden from those nearby.
  • Peacemaking breaks provocation
  • Some changes were made to monster pet AI which may reduce the chance of them continually attacking controlled creatures they had fought with previously.
  • New NPC's, Pirate and Gambler.
  • Some NPC's have gained the ability to arm their weapon for combat.
  • Thief NPC's will remain disarmed for a longer period of time after they have attempted to steal an item.
  • Disguise kit should no longer wear off when player dies
  • Forensic Evaluation will reveal a perma gray thief
  • Revealing a perma-gray flag via aggression will be permanent until the thieves death and will no longer expire with the combat timer.
  • Some regions in which NPC's were not responding to localized question such as "where is the bank/healer" have been fixed.
  • Many optimizations and protections to the core, AI and other systems were made in this patch to hopefully address a lingering issue we've been having in which the shard enters "lag mode" for periods of time.
Late Additions, Sept 9:
  • Clothing AR was nullified in original patch, fixed.
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes may be a little more aggressive, but the damage fix is not in yet.
  • Fixed hues for dozens of creatures, including the introduction of black sheep
  • Nightmare stats modified, grandfathering goes both ways though, existing Nightmares are unchanged.
  • Natural Armor ratings for all creatures adjusted to correct values
  • Provoked creatures were effected by the last patch, this should be fixed now.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
  • Pets no longer 'follow' on claim from stables, nor have their order set to 'stay' when stabling
Do they instead obey whatever the last command they received before stabling was?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Do they instead obey whatever the last command they received before stabling was?
That is the expectation. I didn't state that above because I never tested it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Cool, OK I should be able to try it out tonight. I'll let you know if anything looks odd.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

some npc will try to steal from us ????? i clearly dont remember that on OSI...
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much.

A side note on this patch that was just discovered is that there's been a huge and unintentional reduction to the amount of melee damage being delivered to monsters, this is due to a correction to the way armor is working (Monsters have a Base AR that does not involve actual armor).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Derrick wrote:A side note on this patch that was just discovered is that there's been a huge and unintentional reduction to the amount of melee damage being delivered to monsters, this is due to a correction to the way armor is working (Monsters have a Base AR that does not involve actual armor).
This issue has just been fixed after shard restart.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

NPC's will no longer respond to players speech if they are out of line of sight
Does this mean that when I say "bank" a guard who is a screen away will no longer say he's protecting me? ^_^
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

Guards don't assist a player in a criminal action in that way. If you are in a guarded region when a criminal action is committed in your view, a simple "guards" is sufficient enough to call them. This process does not require an npc guard to physically be on screen for them to help you making this "fix" unrelated to the patch based on the criteria in your response.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:Guards don't assist a player in a criminal action in that way. If you are in a guarded region when a criminal action is committed in your view, a simple "guards" is sufficient enough to call them. This process does not require an npc guard to physically be on screen for them to help you making this "fix" unrelated to the patch based on the criteria in your response.
I guess you haven't been playing too much lately, Faust. Just been really annoying to bank lately since that last NPC patch because the guards are more likely to respond to "bank" than the actual bankers do, in which they spout some random comment about how they're "protecting" or "guarding" you (just an expression, they aren't actively doing either.) You usually have to move around a bit until a banker picks up the message.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

The "bank" command should open up your bank box no matter what if you're in range of a banker and line of sight shouldn't matter in this instance. Whatever NPC has your attention should not matter in this instance no differently than using the "guard" command. If the recent patch broke this function than it simply needs fixed. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's suppose to work that way.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

THis patch should mostly fix the issue with guards at banks. Thanks for your patience on this one.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

I seem to have found a bug with the patch regarding female leather armor

I have a mage, and have been wearing the same armor for about a week. I *know* I have used the meditation skill during that time, with the armor on (She wears a magic (plain) bustier, and leather shorts).

Today, when I try to meditate I get the "Regenerative forces cannot penetrate your armor."

So I asked another mage (male), who could meditate fine with leather armor on. So I tried changing to a "female leather armor" (not the bustier), and I still cannot meditate. So I located a male leather armor, put it on, and now I can meditate.

I also tried a female studded armor, which will also not allow me to meditate. So it seems to just be all the female leather.

On another note, it seems that blade spirits are barely effective today. Cast about 5 into a group of orcs, the blade spirits stayed their full time and I did not see any deaths occur (before I was overwhelmed by orcs and had to run for my life)

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hans wrote:I seem to have found a bug with the patch regarding female leather armor

I have a mage, and have been wearing the same armor for about a week. I *know* I have used the meditation skill during that time, with the armor on (She wears a magic (plain) bustier, and leather shorts).

Today, when I try to meditate I get the "Regenerative forces cannot penetrate your armor."

So I asked another mage (male), who could meditate fine with leather armor on. So I tried changing to a "female leather armor" (not the bustier), and I still cannot meditate. So I located a male leather armor, put it on, and now I can meditate.

I also tried a female studded armor, which will also not allow me to meditate. So it seems to just be all the female leather.

On another note, it seems that blade spirits are barely effective today. Cast about 5 into a group of orcs, the blade spirits stayed their full time and I did not see any deaths occur (before I was overwhelmed by orcs and had to run for my life)
It's hard for a girl to concentrate when she's wearing leather. It's accurate and should not be fixed.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

Kraarug wrote:It's hard for a girl to concentrate when she's wearing leather. It's accurate and should not be fixed.
Correction - It's hard for a guy to concentrate when a girl is wearing leather. :lol:

Your point has been made by several others I've spoken to, but I believe you are incorrect. As male leather armor doesn't prevent meditation. And as I have been using this mage for over a month with no issues.

According to my memory of T2A, as well as the wiki, all *non-studded leather armor should allow meditation to take place - if anything, it will hinder the speed of the regeneration, not disallow meditation to take place.

Don't believe me? read this page on the wiki about meditation

In high spawn areas, I find leather armor to give me a few extra seconds to loot before I run from an attacking orc. Your play style may be different/better. But that doesn't change the fact that the last update changed meditation and female leather armor.