Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs

Information on the latest Server Patches
Zweeble

Re: Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs

Post by Zweeble »

since the restart im still having serious issues with archery. it still takes a little more than double the amount of arrows i was using before to kill the same exact creature. im having to use 200-300 arrows for every balron i kill( and thats after i loot the arrows off the corpse and pick up the surrounding arrows ). its kind of rediculous. even if the balrons natural AR has gone up since the patch... it shouldnt have doubled like this. as things stand now, this is far from the original games balance. you would have to be retarded to ever use archery if this is how you think it was. its just plain silly.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

So am i going to the the only one on the shard with the "rare" wussy mare?

Still noticing that dragons lose loyalty pretty fast and i'm going through food at an insane amount. I still figure if i feed it then it should reset it's timer before it starts hating me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Robot wrote:So am i going to the the only one on the shard with the "rare" wussy mare?

Still noticing that dragons lose loyalty pretty fast and i'm going through food at an insane amount. I still figure if i feed it then it should reset it's timer before it starts hating me.
If you feed it, and it says your pet looks happier, it goes to full loyalty. Pets lose loyalty over time, and on failed commands. Are you GM taming and lore?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Zweeble wrote:since the restart im still having serious issues with archery. it still takes a little more than double the amount of arrows i was using before to kill the same exact creature. im having to use 200-300 arrows for every balron i kill( and thats after i loot the arrows off the corpse and pick up the surrounding arrows ). its kind of rediculous. even if the balrons natural AR has gone up since the patch... it shouldnt have doubled like this. as things stand now, this is far from the original games balance. you would have to be retarded to ever use archery if this is how you think it was. its just plain silly.
I'm looking further in to Balron stats this morning, between the demo and Stratics. Balrons are listed on the Abyss creature list here, although I'm not positive they make a lot of sense:
http://web.archive.org/web/199910132348 ... /abyss.htm

If we find irreconcilable differences, we'll do a more thorough review of all creatures.
It does not surprise me that some creatures got harder; and I cannot event comment based on personal experience how many arrows it should take to bring down a Balron.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
Robot wrote:So am i going to the the only one on the shard with the "rare" wussy mare?

If you feed it, and it says your pet looks happier, it goes to full loyalty. Pets lose loyalty over time, and on failed commands. Are you GM taming and lore?
Losing loyalty over time should be negligible for hunting purposes; I assume you're talking about how they drop in loyalty if their owner is gone and go wild after some number of hours.

As for failing commands, the only issue I seem to notice recently is that it is near impossible to get a dragon from Very Happy back up to Extremely or Wonderfully Happy. I'd estimate that 8 out of 10 times my pet hits Very Happy, it's on a downward spiral in loyalty that I cannot command it out of. My feeling is that this was more like 2 or 3 out of 10 a few weeks ago... but, this may just be a small sample size issue. Hard to say. In any case, I agree with Robot in the sense that it is outrageously hard to get a pet from Very Happy back to a higher loyalty. I would disagree in terms of using food at an insane amount. For 40 minutes of hunting, I typically use up an average 3 pieces of meat. I am GM Lore, GM Taming.

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Derrick wrote:
Zweeble wrote:since the restart im still having serious issues with archery. it still takes a little more than double the amount of arrows i was using before to kill the same exact creature. im having to use 200-300 arrows for every balron i kill( and thats after i loot the arrows off the corpse and pick up the surrounding arrows ). its kind of rediculous. even if the balrons natural AR has gone up since the patch... it shouldnt have doubled like this. as things stand now, this is far from the original games balance. you would have to be retarded to ever use archery if this is how you think it was. its just plain silly.
I'm looking further in to Balron stats this morning, between the demo and Stratics. Balrons are listed on the Abyss creature list here, although I'm not positive they make a lot of sense:

If we find irreconcilable differences, we'll do a more thorough review of all creatures.
It does not surprise me that some creatures got harder; and I cannot event comment based on personal experience how many arrows it should take to bring down a Balron.
As with Zeeble I've found changes in some monsters since the last patch. Harpys, Ogres and Trolls at least are all taking about twice as long to down on my dex macer after this patch while I'm taking considerably less physical damage than before (even less than after the patch before fixing armour dmg absorption). I notice this particularly as I GMed my tactics over the last few weeks almost exclusively hunting the forest around britain so have killed hundreds of these foes recently.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed any similar changes?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Rhaps wrote:
Derrick wrote:

As with Zeeble I've found changes in some monsters since the last patch. Harpys, Ogres and Trolls at least are all taking about twice as long to down on my dex macer after this patch while I'm taking considerably less physical damage than before (even less than after the patch before fixing armour dmg absorption). I notice this particularly as I GMed my tactics over the last few weeks almost exclusively hunting the forest around britain so have killed hundreds of these foes recently.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed any similar changes?
Was pvping with my dexxer against a parry dexxer, and I got a good 3-4 consistent swings where I hit but only for 0-1 damage. This with a +25 power kryss. Parry gonna make a comeback.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Zweeble

Post by Zweeble »

was reading through that list of abyss creatures and noticed the statment, "It is very likely that 'regular' Monsters and NPCs in UO also have these stats and skills." If they're not sure if there list is the same as the original, what is the basis for their list? What they think feels right?

Also i thought it was funny that balrons wrestling was 3541.5.... wow.
Last edited by Zweeble on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I believe walking through a monster gate would turn you into one of those creatures, and you could see your stats and skills. This looks to be a VERY accurate list... I wish we had all creatures there.

Also, Balron's skill... didn't realize it was so high (nor did I realize their dex was so high). So pretty much, if we follow this, it should be 99% impossible to have a Balron miss you. Although I guess, it's also impossible to hit a Balron. I'm pretty sure they actually have a sword in their hand, and their Sword skill determines their % chance to hit or be hit.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:I believe walking through a monster gate would turn you into one of those creatures, and you could see your stats and skills. This looks to be a VERY accurate list... I wish we had all creatures there.

Also, Balron's skill... didn't realize it was so high (nor did I realize their dex was so high). So pretty much, if we follow this, it should be 99% impossible to have a Balron miss you. Although I guess, it's also impossible to hit a Balron. I'm pretty sure they actually have a sword in their hand, and their Sword skill determines their % chance to hit or be hit.
That's correct on the Abyss shard, that's how these stats were determined. I'm not however buying the zero AR's on the Balrons, and also there is only one balron type with 3 or 4 different names, so those stats are all for the same creature in the three entries.

A Balron always spawns with a sword in hand, so the wrestling skill can be disregarded (unless his sword breaks), most of the stats and skills line up with the Pre-T2A values.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Is this on test or is it supposed to be live?

On the live server, I still see the claimed pets having no command. And I just found a nightmare that I'm positive has spawned today and it appears to have it's original stats - an Energy Vortex ripped it apart and it's fireball did 22 damage at full health (so maybe 440 HP?). My understanding was that it was going to go to 1000+ HP and 50-pt fireballs, though there were a lot of links in that thread so I'm not sure what the final determination was.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The nightmares stats were increased on live shard in a mini patch yesterday morning.
The rest of the creatures stats and skills, including the correction to Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex will be launched in the morning.
Last edited by Derrick on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: date correction

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Are you taking the stats for BS and EV from the demo?

If so, be prepared, they are about half as good on the demo as they are on this shard lol

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

That has already been known for quite some time. The only difference is that both creatures have their own AI script making stats like stam/mana utterly useless for numerous reasons. Both creatures will still be useful and possibly even more useful than they are now. We won't know until all the details is brought together and tested thoroughly.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:The nightmares stats were increased on live shard in a mini patch yesterday morning.
The rest of the creatures stats and skills, including the correction to Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex will be launched in the morning.
OK, I'd suggest double-checking this if you can.

I tamed a Nightmare in the evening of 9/10 (EST) that I am positive spawned after the morning of 9/10. I can show it to you in-game if you like, but it has around 440 HPs.