uosa journal entry #2

Share stories and special moments with the community.
JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

uosa journal entry #2

Post by JoshuaLee »

It was a long ride to finally reach the tranquility of solitude. The light rain danced across the water as I felt the wind encircle me. Deep in meditation and thought under the failing light of the day. I take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds to raise a spark in my hand. I casted a dire flame upon some old branches next to me. Wrothgar, my loyal ostard, stood calmly as if taking in the view.

I could see water as far as I could see and it reminded me of older times. Times when the future seemed endless as this vast body of water. Recalling earlier days of adventure and glory is but only a pastime now. I try and hold on to whatever memory I can grasp as I endure the repeating facade of countless nostalgia. Even the smell of the cool sea air brought me back to a time where the lands didn't seem to fit into a box.

It was not always like this, this stale persona I remain to pretend. Playing my part in the lands as time passes by unattended. If only I could learn a spell to freeze time in place and hold on to this moment forever. Even in this moment of all moments I still hesitate, soaking in this world tilting euphoria.

Far off in the sunset I see a sea serpent submerge deep beneath the water's surface.

After me and Wrothgar had eaten our fill of fish steaks I had caught with the edge of my halberd, we set off into the town of Ocollo. The town was deserted which seemed to best suit this strange day of lost memories. As if walking through a dream I find the perfect spot to collect my thoughts. As if my steps were already planned somehow, the room laid empty with a single empty book already opened.

A small writing utensil lay there with a small cup of black ink on the table. I held the utensil firmly in my hand and began to write a sentence but I paused. The room was unnaturally quiet and I could no longer hear the birds outside. Tapping the utensil upon the table in rhythm I stare endlessly at the bookshelves. I began to think about all the stories ever written in the history of this land. I began to feel almost guilty for not wanting to know more about the history. About the history of this land I was shipwrecked upon nine months ago. Which leads me to think about that eventful day, when my world was turned upside down.

I quickly ignored these feelings of bewilderment and began to write into the book.

" Whoever reads this I want you to know my name, Joshua Lee. I am but a loner on this land and have seen many things. There has been something happening to these lands and I can begin to feel a shift in the works. Whoever is reading this please know that I have come across certain information that may possibly lead to the destruction of our beloved land. Until that time comes when the lands will need your aid, please remain true to yourself and follow the noble path. We must serve something higher than ourselves or else all shall perish. Please I implore you to be aware of the coming events that will soon be transpired. There is a gathering forming not so far from now. By the gods above should we decide to prevail we must not falter from the path of righteousness. Should we fail we will, in time, meet our certain doom. This is beyond everything that you know now, and even I do not understand it yet. In time, my friend.. in time."

Wandering through the streets with bottles of fine wine at my disposal I stumble upon the docks. As the night begins to fall over the land I find comfort in knowing I left that book there where I saw it. It would be dark soon and should be returning home. But yet I remain in this drunken state until the last remaining light withers into the darkness. When the stars revealed themselves I fell asleep on the docks that night.

I dreamed that I was dreaming.

Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389