Iolo FitzOwen's Consignment of Goods

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Iolo FitzOwen's Consignment of Goods

Post by BlackFoot »

Over the past while the amount of evil activity has been rising throughout the mainland. Guard posts, out lying towns, and smaller settlements have been raided and attacked far more than usual. The guards and civillians in these areas have sent word to Lord British for aid.

Lord British has heard these calls and made an order for large amounts of weaponry and supplies be sent to these areas. This task has fallen on the famous Iolo FitzOwen.

Iolo FitzOwen and his horse Smith will be travelling across the continent to deliver said goods to these people in need.
Unfortunately, a mission this size could not be kept from those of ill repute. Our spies in the underground have told us a large bounty has been placed on an item our delivery man is carrying. We expect many of the worlds worst to show up to obtain this prize.

This mission will be dangerous, FitzOwen needs all the help he can to accomplish his mission. He has offered a large reward to any Britannian that can help him make all of his deliveries safely.

Who will take up this call?

Iolo FitzOwen and his horse Smith will be leaving Trinsic on Sunday September 13th 2:00 pm est.

Thank you for you help

Blackfoot - UoH

Note: This will be a mainly pvm event with a pvp element. You may die and lose your equipment so come prepared. This mission will take some time to accomplish.
Last edited by BlackFoot on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Boone
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Iolo FitzOwen's Consignment of Goods

Post by Boone »

Will be there!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

As the enemies of Britannia have gotten their hands on the deilvery route I thought it appropriate we all see where we will be heading ahead of time.
We already have scouting reports of enemies organizing at many of these locations so be prepared.

stop 13 has cancelled their order so we will be moving directly from 12 to 14
Last edited by BlackFoot on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Epic. Damn shame I have to work this weekend. =(
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Beware of spot #13 on yer map landlubber! Our pirate crew doesn't take kindly to strangers entering our township and we be claimin our bounty from sir FitzOwen.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Twiz

Post by Twiz »

So I spent nearly 1.5 hours, destroyed my weaps and armor, and lost my horse all so some one could steal my trophy within a couple of minutes of getting it. Then, everyone bumrushed the treasure chest and I made away with about 10 things that were utterly useless.
By the time it's all said and done, I will have made 1,200gp. I guess on the bright side, I'm that much closer to buying a small house. Only 20K more to go.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Twiz wrote:So I spent nearly 1.5 hours, destroyed my weaps and armor, and lost my horse all so some one could steal my trophy within a couple of minutes of getting it. Then, everyone bumrushed the treasure chest and I made away with about 10 things that were utterly useless.
By the time it's all said and done, I will have made 1,200gp. I guess on the bright side, I'm that much closer to buying a small house. Only 20K more to go.
Did you come for the loot or the adventure? :) You'll have that house in no time
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Twiz

Post by Twiz »

Both but seeing that trophy got my hopes up knowing I could finally get a house. It was painful when I realized a few seconds after noticing I had it, it was no longer in my pack.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Twiz wrote:Both but seeing that trophy got my hopes up knowing I could finally get a house. It was painful when I realized a few seconds after noticing I had it, it was no longer in my pack.
Yeah the trophies definitely showed up quickly, didn't know we were even getting em
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Boone
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boone »

Great event. Died a couple of times to that daemon at the end! Twiz, sucks that you got your trophy stolen. I immediately recalled and banked mine when I saw that we got one. Unfortunately that also meant that I missed out on the gold box thing. If you need cash you could try coming along for the weekly dungeon crawls hosted by UoH.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Nice work Blackfoot.

Good times. The orc fort battle was great, and that was the only stop I was involved in. How'd the rest go?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Vishakt wrote:Nice work Blackfoot.

Good times. The orc fort battle was great, and that was the only stop I was involved in. How'd the rest go?
We got jumped about 10 minutes down the road by ACE along with TT showing up on (at least) 2 characters with a handful of White Wyrms, but after an epic battle and a lot of trash talking by them ("ACE OWNS UR EVENT") they all died and/or realized they were no match for the Horde.

We ended up cutting out some stops in efforts to save time but the final battle was still at Ascalon and was outstanding.

I'm sure Blackfoot will have a nice thread with screenshots in a few days

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Thanks for the event guys, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It lasted a little over two hours, I was starving the whole time irl haha but i was to excited to take a break from it. It was pretty constant the whole time and full of adventure!

Also was funny at the beginning I think the whole group literally cut in half cause the red npcs showed up and then I think there was another spawn of trolls that was behind us. Luckily I found the group and went back to guide the rest back to aid lolo.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

platypus

Post by platypus »

RoadKill wrote: We got jumped about 10 minutes down the road by ACE along with TT showing up on (at least) 2 characters with a handful of White Wyrms, but after an epic battle and a lot of trash talking by them ("ACE OWNS UR EVENT") they all died and/or realized they were no match for the Horde.

We ended up cutting out some stops in efforts to save time but the final battle was still at Ascalon and was outstanding.

I'm sure Blackfoot will have a nice thread with screenshots in a few days
Correction: It was 3 ACE members, who managed to drop Iolo at least 4 times, despite 30+ people healing/defending him. It was not "10 minutes down the road", you guys didn't even leave through the Trinsic gates. The entire group and Iolo were teleported onto the road about 10 screens outside of town, in an effort to avoid us. TT was only on one character. mYm was there as well at the same time as us. The group defending Iolo was so inept that I was able to res TT 3 times in the middle of the entire group of blues. I didn't see any trash talking in-game about the event, all we did was kill Iolo and take the mad loot he dropped. Too bad that we lost that colored runebook though :(
Get your facts straight before posting plz. Fun event though, we thank Blackfoot for the 6 colored leather caps and the crystal ball.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Iolo and his horse Smith arrived at the Trinsic smith shop to pick up the last of their delivery.
The citizens of Britannia had already gathered in preparation of his journey.

We headed out through Trinsic gates en route to Iolo's first stop.

At least half of our group had already run ahead and were lost from our party before we were 20 yards from the gate.
Cant blame them for being eager.
As expected some brigands had set up camp in our path in an attempt to stop Iolo from supplying the guards.

After a lengthy battle the evil mages were dispatched along with a few disreputable citizens.

Iolo made his first delivery and we headed into the swamp for stop number two.

Nothing was going to be easy it woudl seem.
The graveyard and swamp monsters had multiplied in numbers in an attempt to slow us down.
They were no match however

We made Iolo's delivery to the Shadowmire Lich but were running a bit late already.
On our way back to the road and out of the swamp some mercenaries showed up to tangle with Iolo.
Fortunately for Iolo, Smith has been taking karate lessons.

It delayed us only so slightly before the wyrms were killed and looted and we were back on the road again.

We continued to make deliveries along the road and took a breather at the Britain moongate.

It looked liek the delays put on the convoy at the start were beginning to cost guards their lives.
We had to speed up. We had to cut some of the safer guard towers from our route to get equipment to those who needed it the most.

We came across the brigand camp responsible for many of the attacks on the guard outposts.
We had to do our duty and clear that place out.

We made it half way through our trek, almost back on schedule. We hadnt run into any more murderers since the first couple encounters.
Perhaps it was all of their fallen commrads but, they must have given up as they couldnt derail this train.
We stopped at a major guard outpost and took a head count as Iolo made his delivery.

We knew we were coming to dangerous territory known for its orc activity. The bridge had a blockade in place.
They knew we were coming

We came to the orc strong hold and were immediately attacked with arrows over the walls.

The battle was on.

Not only were we being attacked from the orc side but members of our own group seemed to become overcoem by greed
and proceeded to try and get iolo and smith killed.

Good things wyrms with no master are easy to handle.

After a difficult struggle we made our way into the fort, with only a handful of orcs to defend the task should have been easier.

One orc seemingly unstoppable managed to kill 5 or 6 of our convoy on his own.

After the orc fort was taken by our vastly greater numbers we continued along making stops to the guard outposts.
We were right back on schedule and took a minute at Minoc bank to get ready for the final push.

Our final delivery. Ascalon.
We made our way north only to find out the town had been completely over run by the evil mage cult.

The fight was on... right as it was going our way they pulled a father of the damned out of their back pocket.
That thing killed many of us... multiple times...

But as was shown continuously throughout the day, this group would not be swayed by death.
They battled on until the monster was beat.

Iolo and his horse Smith safely made their final delivery (although at one point Smith was abuducted). As a thank you to the convoy he delivered a chest of all of his best loot for everyone.

For those of you who never knew it, that is how the guards get their equipement.

Thanks for comin

Blackfoot - UoH
Last edited by BlackFoot on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.