92 Magery

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: 92 Magery

Post by son »

With 92.3 magery at OSI you never fizzled recall. I do it daily and its not because I am opening containers.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You guys just have bad Karma....
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I haven't fizzled recall since about 64 magery

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

On the 8ths, i want to do some more testing but i have been doing scribing runs of 100 ev's and not seeing 50% averages.

I need to look at it more, but it certainly *feels* like casting and scribing 8ths has a lot more 0-4's to 0-7's compared to 4-0 or even 3-0 success.

Could be the along the same lines of *risk* dice though... for those of you who play that game you never remember going 8-0, but you will tell your grandchildren about the time you lost 10 attackers to a single...

Scribing success should be the same as casting.

Ill try to report numbers on 1000 ev's and see how close we are to 50%

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Again, I'm pretty sure it was never 50% but instead 45%.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Decided to test this out, after I fizzled Ressurrection 9 times in a row.

I cast Earthquake in my house 100 times, and saw 55 successes and 45 failures, for a success rate of 55%. Remember, my post said that there should be a 45% chance of success.

So I went to a binomial calculator site (http://www.stat.tamu.edu/~west/applets/ ... ldemo.html) and plugged in this data. Given a 45% success rate, the chance of succeeding at 55 out of 100 trials is 2.84%. So, if the 45% number is correct, I had a pretty rare run. I'll try this again, but I'd suggest other folks do it as well. I made a macro that cast EQ if my mana was above 90, then meditated if it was below 90. That way you succeed the med every time, if you're GM.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:So I went to a binomial calculator site (http://www.stat.tamu.edu/~west/applets/ ... ldemo.html) and plugged in this data. Given a 45% success rate, the chance of succeeding at 55 out of 100 trials is 2.84%. So, if the 45% number is correct, I had a pretty rare run.
This is kind of a statistical misinterpretation. The chance of succeeding exactly 55 is rare on a 50/50 here but the change of succeeding 55% or more times is 18%, the chance of succeeding more than 50 times is 46%

If the intent was to succeed exactly 55 times, your chance would be about 3%, but that's a very specific case.

Thanks for doing this test, I'd say that your results verify that this mechanic is correct, 50% chance of 8th at GM magery.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I plugged in the chance to hit AT LEAST 55 out of 100. The chance of hitting EXACTLY 55 is 1.08%. The chance of hitting AT LEAST 55 is 2.84%.

I'm sure there's a better test I could run (i.e. What is the chance that 55/100 is due to chance, given an expectation of 45?) but I haven't found a calculator online yet for that.

I'll probably test this a couple more times, but yeah - I'm reasonably satisfied right now.

Again, I think it should be 45% success rate at GM Magery (and that's what I stat-tested against. Assuming 50% expectation, if that's what is coded in, the probability of hitting 55 or more out of 100 is over 18%). My rationale for 45% is earlier in this thread, but in any case it's not a big deal. It would take thousands of trials to really see in practice if we're at 45% or 50%. And really, the only major difference is a few more or less lost reagents in fizzles. Not like people are PvPing too much with level 8 spells where success rate is crucial...