macing still broken

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: macing still broken

Post by Mikel123 »

It was not unusual for a Parryer (Parrier?) to bring multiple shields to fights, in case they ran into a macer.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Mikel123 wrote:It was not unusual for a Parryer (Parrier?) to bring multiple shields to fights, in case they ran into a macer.
True. I loved the fact that O/C shields were free :D

About stamina draining, keep in mind that the effect was proportional to the damage taken by the PLAYER.

If a player had no means to absorb dmg, such as a naked or death robe wearing opponent, more stamina was drained in proportion to the damage received than to a target able to absorb damage by wearing armor or using a shield.

So, in short, a player would avoid the effects of armor damage by not wearing any however should a mace weapon land a strike, that player paid for their thriftiness through undimished stamina loss.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Troubadix wrote:* Maces do an extra damage of 3 to 5 points to the victims stamina if a hit is made. Maces also do damage to armor everytime the armor absorbs damage. The amount of damage done to armor is half that of the damage points absorbed by the armor and typically lies in the 1 - 7 points range.
This sounds about right to me, but I am a bit of a T2A Stratics fanboi.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yep, there were a couple issues with macing damage, the biggest one was that staves, although hitting stamina, were not doing the additional armor damage. This is being corrected and will be put on test center this morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

I had a feeling that there was a problem with staves involving armor damage.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Macing fixes are now live on test center. The most noticeable change should be to staff weapon damage to armor and shields.

Server: test.uosecondage.com
Port: 2593

Any players harassing others who have logged into test center for the purpose of testing will be IP banned from the test center.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Troubadix

Post by Troubadix »

Derrick wrote:Macing fixes are now live on test center. The most noticeable change should be to staff weapon damage to armor and shields.
Yesterday i loged in and tried out!

My dummy char started with 29ar, after 10mins bashing him with a mace weapon, his armor was down to 18ar poins. After the next 5mins the chestarmor was destroyed also, and he had only 12ar left. 17ar poins in 15mins not so bad ~ -1,13ar per min!

dummy1; GM mace, tac, ana, 100str 100dex (excep.quarterstaff)
vs
dummy2; GM wresl, 100str 100dex (excep standard -1dex armor) today ill add parrying and try it again.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much for testing this yesterday. This patch went live this morning, a little sooner than expected becuase I had an opportunity to do the core patch for ghost speech when the server stalled this morning on restart. Patch notes will follow soon.