Guide : Housing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Akiticha

Re: Guide : Housing

Post by Akiticha »

why is there special areas where u cant place houses?
how does that fit into a "t2a accurate shard"?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The guarded areas and dungeon entrances cannot have houses, this is accurate to OSI T2A
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

pyrolee

Post by pyrolee »

Hey guys...just started playing on this shard and the feelings of nostalgia are immense!

I know this topic has been discussed to death but I had to chime in and say that the only thing that has disappointed me about this shard is the housing.

I mean, c'mon seriously...we are still doing the "block your front door with tables" tactic? Not to mention losing the ability to show off your house decorations to the world. I loved seeing the rares in people's houses and stuff.

Just seems pretty silly to have supposed house security with lock & key and still have to resort to item exploitation to provide a level of security that phase 3 offered.

But I guess in the hopes of "era accuracy" we must deal with this.

I appreciate the server very much! Keep up the good work.

P.S. Came from baja...7x mage named Medivh from around 98-2001...quit when they turned resist into a worthless skill and changed pvp totally

Pro

Post by Pro »

Couple of player museums actually exist, ACE has a castle in trinsic swamp and blackfoot made a UOSA museum west of brit swamp in a tower. theyre pretty kewl

CodeXXX

Post by CodeXXX »

I am wanting to know if House Deeds can still be sold back to vendors. Reason I ask this is due to the fact that I have tried to sell 2 house deeds ( a small house and a 2 story) back to the vendors. Both times the vendors have told me that I have nothing they would be interested in. Both deeds had been used to put the house up and then re-deeded. If vendors are not buying re-deeded house deeds then it is going to be along time til I can afford a tower :cry: .

P.S. Great job on this shard.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

When you enter a carpenters with a deed in your pack, there is an NPC called an architect, when you approach this NPC he should ask if you wish to sell a house deed or appraise it, just drop the deed on the NPC and the gold is deposited in your account.
?

Zane

Post by Zane »

Caswallon wrote:When you enter a carpenters with a deed in your pack, there is an NPC called an architect, when you approach this NPC he should ask if you wish to sell a house deed or appraise it, just drop the deed on the NPC and the gold is deposited in your account.
Actually, it's the Real Estate Broker. I believe the Architect does nothing but sell house deeds.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Architect, real estate broker.....i always get me mixed up? The guy talks you cant really miss him....
?

strut

Post by strut »

Derrick wrote:When you redeed a house the unblessed deed goes directly to your backpack.
Appreciate deeds are now newbied or blessed, I assume this sentence was not updated and momentarily confused me and may do so to others.

Also just for the record, this page on the T2A wiki still states "House deeds are not blessed and may be stolen from you by a thief or looted from your corpse if you die."

Gamble

Post by Gamble »

This server is great only thing I do not understand is why 5 houses per account and 3 accounts are listed. Seems insane at this point in the servers age and player population.

I know the house placement tools came out a little later on but how does that hurt anything for the accuracy of the era? I have a spot that has no houses front or back, over 4 tiles wider than the house an an additional 11 tiles longer than the house walked the area over and over NOTHING is obstructing, and it is on level ground. Yet there is still some issue

(no corpses npc/players either)

would be great if i could use a simple tool to identify the issue.

(Edit found out you can not place a house under the wing of a tower but you and place a tower's wing over another adjacent house.)

Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Posting was alot of help for me....Thank you kind sir

Godwynn

Post by Godwynn »

Howdy,

New player to UOSA here, I haven't played this game in over 7 years. I was never able to get a house in the t2a era of OSI UO (I joined shortly before Renaissance), but I had a quick question.

I've read somewhere about house scams and house "brokers." I'm curious as to why brokers are needed? If the price of a brick is deed + small deed , why can't a person just place the two deeds in the trade window in exchange for the brick?

Also, who are reputable brokers?

Thanks ahead of time,

Godwynn

Nicoladen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nicoladen »

Godwynn wrote:Howdy,

New player to UOSA here, I haven't played this game in over 7 years. I was never able to get a house in the t2a era of OSI UO (I joined shortly before Renaissance), but I had a quick question.

I've read somewhere about house scams and house "brokers." I'm curious as to why brokers are needed? If the price of a brick is deed + small deed , why can't a person just place the two deeds in the trade window in exchange for the brick?

Also, who are reputable brokers?

Thanks ahead of time,

Godwynn
You can't hand over the deeds and recieve the owner ship at the same time. One of them needs to be done first. Either the ownership is transferred or the deeds are transferred. So without a trustworthy broker as a middleman there is a risc of either one being scammed (the one that transfers first ofc.)

Since people can have multiple characters, can make a dummy character for the trade and there is no other risc than losing reputation (gm's do not punish scams like this) some people like using trustworthy brokers - them being reputable and well known both in game and on the forums.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Godwynn wrote: Also, who are reputable brokers?
-Blackfoot
-Wise
-Halogen
-Roadkill

I'm sure there's others, but these guys are the ones I see used most, and that I've dealt with (see the thread on Halogen being a dope dealer, also). You just want to make sure you contact them in forums/IRC first, and that their guild title/clothes/etc look right.....otherwise, as Nicoladen said, you could be talking to a scammer instead.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

not meaning to be a whiney bitch or anything because i dont really care, but i wouldn't trust roadkill at all. im 95% sure he looted my house.

Return to “Guides”