Needle in a Haystack Oct. 1st - - 100,000 gold Grand Prize!

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Phallax

Needle in a Haystack Oct. 1st - - 100,000 gold Grand Prize!

Post by Phallax »

100,000 GOLD GRAND PRIZE

To kick off my favorite month of the year(mainly because its my birth month and halloween!). Im going to host a "Needle in a Haystack" event.

Basically Ill have a house set up, not sure what size yet. With loads of bags, backpacks, pouches, chests boxes etc etc. With lots of goodies, surprised, random stuff in each bag and if i can get a tamer to co-operate some friends to go along with the bash >:). But 1 single bag will have the grand prize, and only I know whats in that bag and what to look for so it cant be replicated or brought to the event prior.

On Oct. 1 at 10pm(EST) I will be force demolishing the house and the first person to find said bag and bring it to me will win 100,000 gold. Yes Im putting up 100,000 of my own gold, I have plenty of $$ and its only pixels and I figure this is a way to promote the shard and give new players a chance to get free goodies. Im sure it will also promote PvP and just loads and load of fun.

Although its not needed, if anyone is willing, Ill take donations towards the event. Be it, gold towards the grand prize, rares, random anything to put in the bags. You will be credited and still able to participate in the event if you wish. If willing PM me here or in IRC(username: Jeebs)

I will not be releasing the location of the house untill I have it all set up and rdy to go, so people arent trying to house camp it and get free bags.

This will be the first of many events I plan on running. Hope you all enjoy!

-Jeebs
Last edited by Phallax on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lor

Re: Needle in a Haystack Oct. 1

Post by Lor »

Sounds fun! I should be there if I remember!

Phallax

Re: Needle in a Haystack Oct. 1st - - 100,000 gold Grand Prize!

Post by Phallax »

Location release!

The bags are dropped, the "haystack" is finished! Now we just wait it out untill the 1st of October and hope for a great gathering!

GL to all whom attend!

There is alot more to be had than just the Grand Prize. Every bag contains something.

The Location is just 1-2 screens South West of the Vesper Rune Library and my vendor shop The Garden. Look for house name "The Haystack".
Attachments
needle.jpg
needlemap.jpg
needlemap.jpg (71.86 KiB) Viewed 6352 times

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

may i suggest (if you havnt thought of it) to put hides/ore in the bags so every bag weighs 300+ stones? That shouls surely make things more interesting!

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

yeah, you might try to do something where a few people with scavengers running wont suck up everything, gate, and put it all in their houses.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Half of those bags are just books that say "LOSER" so if they wanna suck all those up, have at it =P Yea there are some random overweight bags in there.

also some bags have tons of items and even more bags to go thru inside bags, so youll hit an item limit as well if u try to scavenger thru
i randomy put the winning back into a bag with other bags then took all those and placed him thru the house and into other bags, so even myself doesnt know where the winning bag is placed.

and that was some terribad english that i dont feel like editing =P

Downs

Post by Downs »

if u wanna foolproof a phony winner, just record yourself picking up the winning bag, then test it with the "winner".
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

<drops in books that say "Congrats! You found the Needle! Contact me for Reward!">

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Daolin wrote:<drops in books that say "Congrats! You found the Needle! Contact me for Reward!">
lol thatd be so cruel

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Was a decent turn out, coulda had a few more bodies to make it really fun. Maybe the next one.

Winner was Cronos, lots got away with other prizes, like vanqs, 5k gold, reg bags ,etc etc. But Cronos was the big 100k gold winner GRATS!

Heres the winning bag, I recorded all the carnage but it glitched out on me and didnt work for some reason:
Attachments
winner!.jpg
winner!.jpg (33.09 KiB) Viewed 6201 times

Freyr

Post by Freyr »

I can't believe I got the bag. When I saw all the ACE guys fighting the blues I ran in and grabbed 5 or so bags before I got too scared and ran away again. Anyways, my accounts are only 8 days old and im using the money to go macro magery now. Thanks for the 100k Jeebs!

Return to “Event Archives”