Loyalty Check when Stabling

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Loyalty Check when Stabling

Post by Mikel123 »

Right now, a loyalty check is being made when a player says the word "stable". Pets can actually lose loyalty when a player is stabling in their vicinity. Stable is not a "command" like "all guard" or "James follow me", and should not involve a loyalty check.

Derrick

Re: Loyalty Check when Stabling

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:Right now, a loyalty check is being made when a player says the word "stable". Pets can actually lose loyalty when a player is stabling in their vicinity. Stable is not a "command" like "all guard" or "James follow me", and should not involve a loyalty check.
You pet can respond to any speech he doesn't understand. Stable is not a pet command, and cannot be failed, even though the horse makes a sound, he's just saying "I don't understand".
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It cannot be failed, in that it's the stablemaster always allows the targeting cursor to come up.

However, the command can be failed in that it does a check just like "all guard me", and if the pet fails the command, his loyalty level wil drop. That is what I'm saying is inaccurate. I'm not saying I am failing at being able to stable the pet. I'm saying the pet's loyalty drops sometimes when I say "stable", which is not accurate.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

do you have any documentation or patch notes to support this claim?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Far as I know, it wasn't a patch, it was this way since the beginning. Do you have something to add here?

valheru

Post by valheru »

Maybe you should GM your taming instead of being lazy and subjected to insane loyalty checks.

That might help.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Please take your trash talk to the Trash Talk forum. For what it's worth, I have GM Taming. And if you'd like to learn how the taming skill really works - it seems clear that you've got a misconception or two - feel free to PM me or check some of my previous posts on the subject. Loyalty checks don't occur based on skill; they succeed or fail based on skill. They occur based on commands, and "stable" isn't one of them.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Stabling is not a pet command. There's a possiblility here that loyalty might be dropping because the pet isn't understanding, are you using the pets name when you say stable?

Also though, all anmial leave the stable when claimed at full loyalty.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

No names, just saying "stable". I had two dragons with me at the time; I said "stable" and the target cursor came up and one of them made the sound they make when they balk at a command. Using Animal Lore, I was able to see that it dropped from Extremely to Very Happy.

Far as I know, pets don't lose loyalty due to random talking. If I was coding/debugging this (and keep in mind I have NO experience with this whatsoever), I'd guess somewhere in the code is a line that says:

If owner says:
guard
come
follow
attack
stable
kill
etc.
then: pick a random number to see if the pet will do that and gain Happiness or not do that and lose Happiness.

All I'm saying is, "stable" should not be in this list.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. I found the bug.
If your pet is named, a or b, or any other letter in the word "stable", then the pet thinks it heard it's name. Saying a pets name without an order can be confusing for the pet.

Fixing.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hahaha, nice find! That's awesome.

Indeed, my dragons were named "a" and "b" so that's why they were both doing loyalty checks every time I tried to stable :-)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The fix will be in the next publish, it's coded, just haven't had time to test it.

valheru

Post by valheru »

I knew about this but never realized it was a bug. This is why I renamed my pets to AA BB CC instead of A B C; I could have sworn pets reacted in a similar manner on OSI.

I'm probably wrong though hehe, good fix :)