Flying Nightmares!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should Nightmares be able to fly once again?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 am

Yes!
52%
No!
48%

Total votes: 21

sirrayiv

Flying Nightmares!

Post by sirrayiv »

Publish - March 28, 1999

Nightmares:
Flying for nightmares has been removed to prevent a house break-in exploit.
Stats have been modified to better balance them.

I think we should bring this back!!!

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Flying Nightmares!

Post by Mikel123 »

Interesting!

I couldn't care less about the flying, but the "stats have been modified to balance them" might point to how some sources show them as having 1000+ HPs and 50-pt firebreath. And, it would reconcile with my memory that there were some "pre-patch" nightmares back in the day, even into Jan 2000 and onwards.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I'm all for adding something different to the nerfing and dullness of tamers.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The removal of flying Nightmares were among the functions that were changed or removed during the early part of T2A, much like the thieves guild. Given our target date of approximately November 1999, this falls well outside of our target date, and will not be added in.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Raise of hands. Anyone surprised?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

sirrayiv

Post by sirrayiv »

This response from the staff doesn't surprise me, BUT it would be era accurate, and it would give this shard something unique to brag about!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

well how bout this....since you didn't follow era accuracy and ACTUALLY have these in game, then put them in for a limited time and pretend it's causing a housing problem then take it out. Keep the old ones grandfathered .

Also. Stop nerfing tamers. Everyone ends up being a tamer by the end and eventually we will revolt.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Tamers are not nerfed. Also get good.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

No one cares felix.

Werthers Chewbackas

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

I never remember seeing flying horses on UO :lol:
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

Unfortunately I don't think it would be wise to pick and choose features from different months of T2A.

If November 99 is the era we are going for then we really do need to stick to Nov 99.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:Unfortunately I don't think it would be wise to pick and choose features from different months of T2A.

If November 99 is the era we are going for then we really do need to stick to Nov 99.
Well, it's been posted as May to November, 1999. So if they flew in May, then I'd probably push for it. But, March isn't May, so whatever.