The quick dismount mount macro

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Phallax

The quick dismount mount macro

Post by Phallax »

Made this macro up rq for the new patch and mount stam.

It worked great for me to quickly dismount, all stop all follow me, mount back. You may need to edit ur own double click at the end as it wouldnt let me convert to by type. Make sure you dont loop it. All you gotta do is make a new macro hotkey, voila.

Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1473|
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|63|3|ENU|5|48|232|22|49|108|all follow me
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|90298|228
Last edited by Phallax on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The quick dismount mount macro

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

you could change it to absolute target possibly and retarget for each mount.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Not really trying to flame, but is it really that hard to double click your mount, and use the already in-game bind system for your commands.

Just curious.

Not to mention i don't think this is the right place in the forums to post this.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Duke Jones wrote:Not really trying to flame, but is it really that hard to double click your mount, and use the already in-game bind system for your commands.

Just curious.

Not to mention i don't think this is the right place in the forums to post this.
we're playing an accurate shard to exploit it to the fullest, why play a game the way you used to play it 10 years ago?

im going to multiclient this macro asap.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Duke Jones wrote:Not really trying to flame, but is it really that hard to double click your mount, and use the already in-game bind system for your commands.

Just curious.

Its ok Mr. Anti-Razor, I know you dont understand how fast you need to be in pvp. Theres already enough going on with out needing to worry about mis-clicking somthin when trying to regain mount stam. Razor is used for a reason, and this is 1 of those reasons, to make a multiple button/mouse click into a quick hotkey.

Nayee

Post by Nayee »

im going to macro crafting bandages tonight! I love era accuracy!

Guys, im buying all tattered maps! for 1k!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Havent played since the new patch, at work currently. :(

Is this stamina thing having a big impact on PvP? How long does it take for the mount to run outta stamina and how much does the dismount all follow all stay restore?

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Phallax wrote:Its ok Mr. Anti-Razor, I know you dont understand how fast you need to be in pvp. Theres already enough going on with out needing to worry about mis-clicking somthin when trying to regain mount stam. Razor is used for a reason, and this is 1 of those reasons, to make a multiple button/mouse click into a quick hotkey.
I see your point. PvP is about speed and accuracy... and THAT's why I'm anti-razor. It should be about relying on your own skill within the constraints of UO. Not third-party programs.

That being the case, I feel that when you remove all human speed, and human error from UO, you're also removing the human element. Then what do you have?

If you don't mind me asking... How much automation of gameplay is acceptable to you? At what point does it become too much?

Honestly speaking, if you were able to or discovered a way to afk razor EVERYTHING, (we're talking full automation of gameplay). Would you??? Would you only check on your character to see your bank balance?

You do realize with every Razor procedure:
-Combat scripts complete with variables,
-door opening scripts,
-Recall scripts
-buy/sell scripts
-dismount & pet command scripts
... you are basically scripting and coding your characters into glorified NPCs?

I think we could all do with thinking about and really questioning this.
when it comes down to it, whats the dividing line (in-game) between a player and an NPC? And were the in-game bind/macro system built with limitations for a good reason???
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Duke Jones wrote:
Phallax wrote:Its ok Mr. Anti-Razor, I know you dont understand how fast you need to be in pvp. Theres already enough going on with out needing to worry about mis-clicking somthin when trying to regain mount stam. Razor is used for a reason, and this is 1 of those reasons, to make a multiple button/mouse click into a quick hotkey.
I see your point. PvP is about speed and accuracy... and THAT's why I'm anti-razor. It should be about relying on your own skill within the constraints of UO. Not third-party programs.

That being the case, I feel that when you remove all human speed, and human error from UO, you're also removing the human element. Then what do you have?

If you don't mind me asking... How much automation of gameplay is acceptable to you? At what point does it become too much?

Honestly speaking, if you were able to or discovered a way to afk razor EVERYTHING, (we're talking full automation of gameplay). Would you??? Would you only check on your character to see your bank balance?

You do realize with every Razor procedure:
-Combat scripts complete with variables,
-door opening scripts,
-Recall scripts
-buy/sell scripts
-dismount & pet command scripts
... you are basically scripting and coding your characters into glorified NPCs?

I think we could all do with thinking about and really questioning this.
when it comes down to it, whats the dividing line (in-game) between a player and an NPC? And were the in-game bind/macro system built with limitations for a good reason???
If i had it my way there would be no razor, because there wasnt back when i played orignally.
Fact is people use it, so im not going to gimp myself by not using it. Thats reality.
When it comes to PvP you need to give yourself every advantage possible with out breaking rules/exploiting. And if i choose not to use razor just because "its automation" then im gimping myself because i know my counterpart is for sure using it against me.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I can respect that...

The only way to fix "Macro vs. Macro" gameplay is to get a better connection agent to UOSA and then enforce a policy against it.

Our predicament reminds me of John Henry.

For the uninformed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_(folklore)
John Henry is an American folk hero, famous for having raced against a steam powered hammer and won, only to die in victory with his hammer in his hand
Here's a man fighting against automation and the elimination of human work, only to die because of it.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I think the biggest problem with the horse stamina is that it's based on character weight. I don't ever remember this, Batlin said it's not in the demo, etc.

I had my tamer on a stable-bought horse, weighing in at somewhere in the low 100's in weight. I was able to run about 2/3 of the way from Delucia to Papua before I got the "your horse is becoming fatigued" message. This feels fine to me... but I can see, if you guys are running around at 300+ stones, if you're having issues.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Making your mounts wrestle (training them) affects dexterity as well as strength yes?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.