Building Stats

Moderator: Support Moderators

Ulor

Building Stats

Post by Ulor »

Hi all:

I am quite new here, and I haven't played UO for like 8 years. T2A is the best! I am really enjoying this server.

I am wondering what skills I need to use to build STR, DEX, and INT. It doesn't matter which because I am going to lock and drop on all of my chars.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Ulor

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Building Stats

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

herding for strength, snooping for dex,I would say use the meditation hat trick for int for starters then you can round it all off with camping.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ulor

Post by Ulor »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:herding for strength, snooping for dex,I would say use the meditation hat trick for int for starters then you can round it all off with camping.

Thanks archaicsubrosa77.

How does the hat trick work?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Buy a magic hat from the mage, you can make a macro that puts the hat on your head use meditation pause 8 seconds then remove the hat and put it in your pack pause 2 seconds.

The magic hat raises int by 5 points enabling you to meditate. Later just cast for higher inteliigence. Even if you are planning on dropping meditation later its a good skill to develop first if you are planning on training magery.

If you are planning on making a dexxer or having low int just start your character off with 25 int and lock it right off. Snooping and herding is quick enough to raise your primary stats.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Herding raises strength, dexterity, and intelligence (in that order from fastest to slowest, strength gain is very fast.) Basically: Herding for strength, Snooping for dexterity, Spirit Speak for intelligence.

If you are looking to build a high-int character and have the money to buy up your skills and use the "everything locked with herding pointing up" method, I recommend starting with 60 int, 10 str, 10 dex. Strength is incredibly fast to macro here, and if you start with 60 int and macro herding and spirit speak at the same time, you can end up with a 100/100/25 char in under 3 hours.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Ulor

Post by Ulor »

Awesome! Thank you for the pointers!

Return to “New Player Help”