Poison

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Poison

Post by Faust »

Please don't even bring my "reputation" into question since everyone knows how I enjoy gloating about how even Ronald McDonald over at wtfman.com feared me in the early days of UO when I ran with Dalamar and Raistlin on Baja as Bob.... Feel free to visit McDonaldland over there and read about my legacy.

Your memory means absolutely nothing just like mine. I remember curing being a piece of cake with potions and the spell before quitting when the UOR publish was released. That means absolutely nothing to me or anyone for that matter though. The only thing that matters is the evidence that is presented in the front of everyone's face here. The evidence is overwhelming compared to one simple flawed article on Stratics and that is all the matters, nothing more.

Jack

Post by Jack »

Faust wrote:Please don't even bring my "reputation" into question since everyone knows how I enjoy gloating about how even Ronald McDonald over at wtfman.com feared me in the early days of UO when I ran with Dalamar and Raistlin on Baja as Bob.... Feel free to visit McDonaldland over there and read about my legacy.
lol

Faust

Post by Faust »

lol@nobody

Jack

Post by Jack »

i agree

Faust

Post by Faust »

Nothing worse than still sucking at a game 10 years later, eh. :lol:

PS
Sorry, you wasted that time after receiving your first wipe on AI to only start all over again to get another wipe a couple months later... :wink:

Jack

Post by Jack »

Faust

Post by Faust »

Nobody cares son, nobody cares.

The fact still remains that you are still terrible at a game 10 years later retaining the same previous unknown status that you had even back then. :/

Jack

Post by Jack »

i find it is better than being bad and also crazy 10 years later
why so crazy??

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I'm gonna try to get this back on topic, as it looks like its starting to degrade.
poogoblin wrote:
Homie wrote:all to mention imho:

a guy cant cast 2 ebolts in a row but instacures dp :lol:

all accuracy discussions and issues left beside this is looking like a joke to me if you consider how expensive a gm poisoner is...

but well, im fine with the poison as it is now in comparison to how it was after the "first" changes. At least it is now useable for pvm.

poison ftw
Agreed, who in their right mind would have trained alch/poison in T2A for ~100k (rough estimate and this was a decent chunk of change back then) for such a useless skill.
I think you're looking at it from only one perspective.

You see GM poisoning as a "Here's 100k, I want to DP weps." And because of alleged issues with accuracy and PvP, you think the skill is useless.

Well, maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but couldn't players back then develop skills they thought were fun and interesting? Not everyone years ago thought this was a "Grind to GM then PvP only" game. You have to keep that in mind when understanding *WHY* gameplay mechanics were the way they were in the past and not just the *HOW*.

I know DP was REALLY useful for PVM, especially for newer players who wanted to even the field for hard hitting mobs and casters. Just because it hasn't found a generally accepted place in the PVP system, doesn't mean it's useless.

Also, (maybe I don't understand the combat mechanics) Doesnt DP weps mean that someone with little to no skill in a specific combat skill could run up, get a lucky hit and DP someone then run off? Shouldn't it be only fair that curing something that could be applied by almost anyone shouldn't be impossible?

Just my poorly informed opinion here. :)
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Faust wrote:Please don't even bring my "reputation" into question since everyone knows how I enjoy gloating about how even Ronald McDonald over at wtfman.com feared me in the early days of UO when I ran with Dalamar and Raistlin on Baja as Bob.... Feel free to visit McDonaldland over there and read about my legacy.

Your memory means absolutely nothing just like mine. I remember curing being a piece of cake with potions and the spell before quitting when the UOR publish was released. That means absolutely nothing to me or anyone for that matter though. The only thing that matters is the evidence that is presented in the front of everyone's face here. The evidence is overwhelming compared to one simple flawed article on Stratics and that is all the matters, nothing more.

I was afraid you'd take that the wrong way, I'm new to this shard and I just didn't know your background. I do know there are a portion of people here that didn't play in T2A yet still dig up old websites.

I don't really care to read about your "legacy" on a site that, even though was hilarious, constantly whined about dex monkeys. Yet if this shard is T2A accurate, I don't really understand what the whining was about over at Hallymageincorporate.com, or better known as wtfman.com.

And I do have to say I find it shocking you have a memory exact opposite mine in regards to poison. I have a fairly solid memory, so whereas it doesn't hold much water with many I do know it is accurate.

Again I have neither a hally mage nor a dexxer on this shard so I am merely interested in accuracy.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Until you find some facts to disprove the overwhelming evidence nothing will happen, simple as that.

This shard is about era accuracy based on facts and evidence not memory.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Faust wrote:Until you find some facts to disprove the overwhelming evidence nothing will happen, simple as that.

This shard is about era accuracy based on facts and evidence not memory.

The thing is, the evidence I and the others before me have found trumps your evidence, in my opinion.
Alas, neither your opinion nor mine matters here.

Derrick is the Judge and Jury in this case, and if he decides to leave it I'm fine with that. In my mind it won't be era accurate, but that matters little to my game play, as anymore I'm much more of a blewbie anyway.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:You are producing old evidence that has already been presented a long time ago. It has already been deemed incorrect based on the contrary evidence. Again, research the threads that allowed this change to take place so you don't clutter the boards with the same stuff that has been posted numerous times already.

The last couple posts that you have made is a new web site. However, it's still pretty much the same thing... You mention that DP deals 13 damage every tick and recaculates every 50%. Well this has actually been declared inaccurate based on the demo code to an extent. If you take 13% from 100 hp that's 13 damage... The ticks are actually recaculated 1/3 not 1/2 of the time. That makes DP actually stronger based on the way it works in the demo instead of the way it's stated to be on those articles.
It's actually makes the demo weaker, because the demo doesn't use a mininum damage calculation. Currently, DP can tick for 1 dmg when low on HP.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

poogoblin wrote: The thing is, the evidence I and the others before me have found trumps your evidence, in my opinion.
I guess we can see why you would never fit in with the scientific research community... What you are essentially saying is that an animal that quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and looks like a duck isn't a duck since it has lost its beak from a screw up. In other words the MOUNTING evidence that supports the way it works currently using OSI code, UOHOC logs, Stratics(the site that apparently make sit so in your eyes), UO.com, and numerous articles is trumped by one source from Stratics even though Stratics contradicts itself with this same article that apparently "trumps" everything. :roll:

hiicha wrote:It's actually makes the demo weaker, because the demo doesn't use a mininum damage calculation. Currently, DP can tick for 1 dmg when low on HP.
I was specifically referring to the "recaculation process" only.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Faust wrote:
poogoblin wrote: The thing is, the evidence I and the others before me have found trumps your evidence, in my opinion.
I guess we can see why you would never fit in with the scientific research community... What you are essentially saying is that an animal that quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and looks like a duck isn't a duck since it has lost its beak from a screw up. In other words the MOUNTING evidence that supports the way it works currently using OSI code, UOHOC logs, Stratics(the site that apparently make sit so in your eyes), UO.com, and numerous articles is trumped by one source from Stratics even though Stratics contradicts itself with this same article that apparently "trumps" everything. :roll:
Funny I'm not the only one that feels this way, but since you have your phd in research, I'm guessing your opinion and that of the other hally mages with phd's are the only ones that matter.

People take the interweb way too seriously