Automated Events Thread #1,000,000

Topics related to Second Age
Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Automated Events Thread #1,000,000

Post by Robbbb »

My initial thought on this would be to have the event triggered by a player placing a deed on the tournament master, a Keep or Tower deed would be best. This would act as a gold sink as well as remove the schedule on the event. However, while reading further, it looks like the problem is the 'area/world' these events take place in and the way they would need to function.

For example, CTF needs to auto res you back at your own base, this would change the mechanic of dieing and ressing. So not really sure how this could be possible with Kaivan's reasoning, but I think my idea on how to start the event would be great for the shard.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

HardCore wrote:I absolutely didn't read any of these posts in this entire thread, but how about we just put back all the events (except that gay monster trap in a corner thing) like it was 2 years ago and then be quiet.

Or at least we put in the Saturday afternoon DOCK CTF event that was fun as shit. No silver, just CTF for fun automated. Thanks.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Flea

Post by Flea »

the bazookas wrote:
Flea wrote:Item bless deeds plx, I R new
I have no idea about item bless deeds and their era accuracy etc, but I presume this is one of those "you aren't accurate in this way, why are you accurate in that way" jabs. I think those jabs have been dealt with in many ways and in many places, and I hope that we can give this topic a more mature look. For me personally (and I think for many on the shard), I think this topic is more important in terms of potential enjoyment on UOSA than any other topic.

Correct. Sorry ive just been asking about item bless deeds and furniture dye tubs for 2+ years now which are infact era accurate but left out of the original CUB because of a "well this isnt a good thing to have".

We dont have the events yet still have the silver system, YET have 1 chance a year (Christmas) To get new silver out there.

And again, I think its very unfair to new players who dont have the opportunity to obtain things in the same way as 1.5+ years ago.

I play for the PvP mechanics, no insurance, house decay etc. Im not asking for ice colored clo

One other era accurate thing was running more than one account at once without a 3rd party program (UO2) So dieing and being able to show up on youre 2nd char to res and gate him out is one of the most era accurate breaking things this shard has IMO.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

What about events like Sturm's rescue or that evil castle in the lost lands. Those were hella fun. HELLA
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

edit: why bother
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

GoldMember

Post by GoldMember »

HardCore wrote:I absolutely didn't read any of these posts in this entire thread, but how about we just put back all the events (except that gay monster trap in a corner thing) like it was 2 years ago and then be quiet.

Or at least we put in the Saturday afternoon DOCK CTF event that was fun as shit. No silver, just CTF for fun automated. Thanks.
liinniejj wrote:Goldmember just simply loves being a jackass and that has gotten him no good so far as you can see ;)

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

nightshark wrote:edit: why bother
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Blaise wrote:
I get that feeling also when I make post. It usually occurs right about ...

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Blaise wrote:Automated events give people shit to do other than grief and PK, but of course that would be a bad thing on UOSA, right?
Events were not grief-free and they were heavily exploited by a few groups of people.

Even the wonderful CTF was constantly exploited by a particular guild. They would stack one team, usually as the last minute, while making sure they had enough on the other team that would throw the game in their favor. The way the CTF system prioritized team balancing, it pretty much gave them the victory every match. Just good ole fashioned exploitation of the code.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Light Shade wrote:
Blaise wrote:Automated events give people shit to do other than grief and PK, but of course that would be a bad thing on UOSA, right?
Events were not grief-free and they were heavily exploited by a few groups of people.

Even the wonderful CTF was constantly exploited by a particular guild. They would stack one team, usually as the last minute, while making sure they had enough on the other team that would throw the game in their favor. The way the CTF system prioritized team balancing, it pretty much gave them the victory every match. Just good ole fashioned exploitation of the code.
I know I only caught the tail end, but I don't recall it being 'heavily exploited' I recall a few instances of multi-accts standing at the spawn doing jack shit while we're getting stomped but it didn't seem like an epidemic. Probably happened more than I noticed though. It's easy enough to restrict entry to a single account per IP.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

lol

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

We are the 99 %
.......... +1 for the return of events
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Just bring em back, no prizes. Be done with it.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

bring em back!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay