bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: bring em back

Post by GuardianKnight »

Bring back CTF. Give in just a little. Make a compromise just this once on something. Your playerbase is asking for something of a gesture. Give people a scheduled event to make a point to login for. It will be like the padding that makes more people stick around in game/login.

Just make this one gesture and see how well it is received by your guests here.

Don't bring back the 1 v 1 (give 2 people on the server all the trophies) events. Just the 1 silver CTF with different maps.

I promise, you won't regret it.

My name is GuardianKnight

And I approve this message.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Brules

Post by Brules »

Bring them all back with no silver, just names on trophies. All. Problems. Solved.

Well except the exploits previously revealed, but those are minor and should be easily fixable.

:)

Oh and no reds allowed. :)

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

how about no reward at all?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I agree with what gk said.
As much as I love the tournaments and stat tracker/book we had, ctf/double Dom/last man standing are what I want brought back the most. Those were games we could not recreate correctly.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Menkaure wrote:I agree with what gk said.
As much as I love the tournaments and stat tracker/book we had, ctf/double Dom/last man standing are what I want brought back the most. Those were games we could not recreate correctly.
I was around before the tournaments were stopped. There were a few people that were actively pvping and they were the only ones, most of the time, who went to these things. People were so desperate to find a partner, I was asked multiple times (2 v 2). They knew I wasn't a pvp type.

The normal tournaments benefited a very small portion of the community. CTF forced the usual pvp people to team up with people they usually would have just killed out in a dungeon.

CTF and double dom were the few events that brought the community together and didn't end in smack talk about superiority.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I been here 5 years. The community needs some juice. I need some juice. CTF would be nice.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Budner wrote:I been here 5 years. The community needs some juice. I need some juice. CTF would be nice.
I feel like we could make this plea more sound by using a logical view and centering our discussion on "a single event", rather than throwing out "bring back events". Staff has made it clear that they don't like the idea, but it could be said that if we give them room to move an inch, they'll give us an inch in return.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

GuardianKnight wrote:
Budner wrote:I been here 5 years. The community needs some juice. I need some juice. CTF would be nice.
I feel like we could make this plea more sound by using a logical view and centering our discussion on "a single event", rather than throwing out "bring back events". Staff has made it clear that they don't like the idea, but it could be said that if we give them room to move an inch, they'll give us an inch in return.

From what I've been told there's only 1 staff member who doesn't like events....
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

So do a single CTF event and see what happens. What harm could come of it?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Budner wrote:So do a single CTF event and see what happens. What harm could come of it?
You know what they say about doing something once and liking it, don't ya?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Hey just because YOU are an addict doesn't mean we can't have CTF.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Aye bring on CTF!! and announce it well enough in advance so people can log on.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Well, gms, what say thou?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The answer is still the same as before: We will not be bringing the old event system back in any capacity. You'll find that position shared by all the staff members.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

So how about a new system?
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?