Does anyone actually hunt in dungons?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Werthers Chewbackas

Re: Does anyone actually hunt in dungons?

Post by Werthers Chewbackas »

Utter nonsense.
"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Werthers Chewbackas wrote:Utter nonsense.
Agreed, you made no sense. Try again.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Werthers Chewbackas wrote:The only thing favored IS the murderer. If you're never red you can murder innocents your entire character's life and still be a townie.
What are you talking about? The long terms don't burn off for 40 hours.

You can kill four innocents very fast, but then have to wait 40 hours before killing another one or else you'll go red for 40 hours. So technically, yes, you can stay a townie, but can only murder like, once every two days.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Werthers Chewbackas

zzyzx wrote:
Werthers Chewbackas wrote:The only thing favored IS the murderer. If you're never red you can murder innocents your entire character's life and still be a townie.

You can kill four innocents very fast, but then have to wait 40 hours before killing another one or else you'll go red for 40 hours. So technically, yes, you can stay a townie, but can only murder like, once every two days.
So technically, yes, you can stay a townie but can't kill people nonstop lol

Technically, also, you just said that long terms don't burn off for 40 hours right before saying if you wait 40 hours after your 4th kill you won't go red on your fifth.

This makes me smile because I know you must try really hard.

"And then every single one of my brain cells cried out in joyful unison, that they would be spared further torment at the hands of this %$#$-nut saturated environment."

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

son wrote:
Duke Jones wrote:It's very unfortunate, but it's due to the fact that the penalty system for reds here is neutered, at best. As it stands there's very little, if anything that keeps the red/blue ratio in check.
Explain.
Hahah. I could write a book about this kinda stuff, and I didnt intend on ranting, so I'll keep it short and sweet. :)

Well in a nutshell, the statloss system back in the day was "working as intended" because of 2 reasons:

1) Getting yourself back up was actually work, because macroing and especially AFK macroing was illegal. Here, its a bit of a pain, but not as bad as OSI.

2) The system was in place so that you HAD to wait off the time while logged on, meaning that the red was forced into:
-statloss if he wanted to get back in action, with a bit of a penalty
-or just wait, and the blues could run around without the threat of THAT player for a while.

And since paying for and owning multiple accounts was uncommon, most players couldn't just pull another red from another account. Here, You have 2 others to jump on. This wasn't the standard for players 10 years ago.

I know we can get into a long-winded discussion about this being a free server, and weather it is not it was fair to give some people one account and others multiple one, But all I have to say is this:

Many systems and mechanics were put in place under the idea that MOST players have 1 account.

You gotta just ask yourself "We have these mechanics in T2A, but why were they put in?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Werthers Chewbackas wrote:
zzyzx wrote:

So technically, yes, you can stay a townie but can't kill people nonstop lol

Technically, also, you just said that long terms don't burn off for 40 hours right before saying if you wait 40 hours after your 4th kill you won't go red on your fifth.

This makes me smile because I know you must try really hard.

??? Why am I trying really hard?

You won't go red on your 5th because your color is determined by your long terms, not your short terms... So if you have 4 long terms, wait 40 hours, you now have 3, allowing you to murder once more. Is that incorrect?

I'm confused as to what/if you are arguing.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i hunt in dungeons :o

however, yesterday i did a tmap that south west of minoc...
when i recalled to the location i was completely swarmed with mobs, more mobs than is in dungeons
if you wanted to avoid pks jsut hunt up there it was nutso
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

BlackFoot wrote:i hunt in dungeons :o

however, yesterday i did a tmap that south west of minoc...
when i recalled to the location i was completely swarmed with mobs, more mobs than is in dungeons
if you wanted to avoid pks jsut hunt up there it was nutso

Things like this is what alot of us do....when it hits primetime for players we hit lesser farmed mobs. The risk vs reward to step in destard or cove is just not worth it after 5pm est.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

zzyzx wrote: ??? Why am I trying really hard?

You won't go red on your 5th because your color is determined by your long terms, not your short terms... So if you have 4 long terms, wait 40 hours, you now have 3, allowing you to murder once more. Is that incorrect?

After your 5th kill short terms determine the length of time the statloss penalty can be exacted upon you in case of your death and ressurection.

Your Longterm counts determine how long you stay in murderer status.

So technically if you were logged in 24/7 you can wear off your shortterms and can kill four people a day without fear of statloss easy if you timed it right.

You can be a murderer that would never be in fear of ressing.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
zzyzx wrote: ??? Why am I trying really hard?

After your 5th kill short terms determine the length of time the statloss penalty can be exacted upon you in case of your death and ressurection.

Your Longterm counts determine how long you stay in murderer status.

So technically if you were logged in 24/7 you can wear off your shortterms and can kill four people a day without fear of statloss easy if you timed it right.

You can be a murderer that would never be in fear of ressing.
Yes, I understand that. I'm not talking about ressing and not suffering stat loss, I'm talking about staying BLUE.

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

I've only been on this shard for about 2 weeks now and find the amount of pk's rather disturbing. I have played on a few shards before and know that the pk'ers have always been kept in check. Honestly, this is keeping me from wearing my best gear because I may be pk'd at any moment. Now I often don't play during peak times to avoid this, but even then I run into pk'ers. I know a handful of new players who just started who are seriously ready to quit in frustration due to this. Heck, I was trying to teach someone how the combat system works, and low and behold, a mage came along and tried to pk us. In my opinion, there comes a point in time where people have to ask themselves what is more important for the growth of the shard, pk'ing each other continuously, or using due reason. Now I have met quite a few thiefs/pk's who are rather generous in either giving gear back or helping you out once you suffered their wrath. These individuals are excluded from who I am referring. It's not an every day occurrence for me, but I do know that the pvm environment is seriously suffering due to it, and honestly, that's what I play for. The occasional pk'er doesn't bother me, but continuously pk'ing gets irritating.

As to those who turn red, I've seen quite a few people who are red just sitting in their house wearing down their time. It's not a big deal when you can hop on one of your other two accounts to chill with one in your house. Especially if you manage to pk someone who is actually carrying something worthwhile.

Werthers Chewbackas

Razor:
Cast Spell: Recall
Hotkey:
F12

"Vendor train Magery"
Give 2 to 3 hundred gold.

Options > Show names of approaching players

Problem solved.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

welcome to the true world or UO .. your never safe .. i've seen alot of anit pk groups running around as of late .. so i think things are getting better on the pk balanced part .. i've even seen pk's pking each other alot as of late .. so good luck .. keep on hiding and looting fast .. don't forget to macro recall :)

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

macroing recall doesn't help in my typical situation. i just got ambushed by 4 gm mages who killed my fighter. they left my gear, but then as i turn around and get rez'd, I have another guy looting my body. He then brings in his mage to pk me again because I picked up my platemail. Seriously, why would I want to get magical gear or spend gold on it, if i'm just going to be pk'd 2 mins out of town? I need an army to travel safely.

schlemoc

Post by schlemoc »

ok so in a matter of 12 hours of hunting in dungeons, i have lost 6 suits of platemail, a ton of gold, and a variety of magical items. as soon as i get reset back up, i'm dead again. recalling doesnt work. and yes, i'm hunting in a small party. what's the point in playing if you cant do pve w/o being pk'd? i have yet to see one of these anti pk groups spoken of. only saw one guy who showed up and was nice enough to rez me. many pk'ers using 2-3 characters to harass and kill you. its annoying as all hell. may drive me away from thsi shard given the short period of time i've been here.