Inconsistencies (mainly graphical) with era screenshots

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Inconsistencies (mainly graphical) with era screenshots

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The tinker-trap message indicates what you are trapping.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

here is another one that seems to suggest bags of flour could be used as blockers

and another one outside balron room with hay

and another one showing both exits blocked with flour and hay
Last edited by marmalade on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You had to have the hay on it. It's even written that way in the archived askchopper/uoshack pages.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

marmalade wrote:very trivial, but there should be an exclamation mark at the end of the 'You see an x attacking y!' message
Haha!!! Is it just me or is the Town Guard calling for the guards? Thats kinda funny.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

can we address how common deer masks/bear masks/tribal masks were on OSI, yet here they're practically a rare?

I'm trying to find proof that bones did not show on allnames. anyone know if these 2 exist in tera keep as "decorative bones"? i don't remember seeing bones there:

it makes a bit of difference in game, because if you die in the middle of nowhere somehow, often people won't notice bones, but they show up as incoming names so people always notice them.

You can see in this screenshot, and also in numerous others, that not all mages had coloured sandals. They only spawned on some mages in my recollection. Here every single mage has either coloured sandals or shoes (mainly coloured sandals).

There is no winch in Hythloth 4? At least, not in the same place as it is on UOSA (backpack unfortunately covering the left side)

A greater cure potion? On UOSA wouldn't that read "an orange potion"?

Bless stats altering by 11? When was this changed?? I know in UO:R GM Magery would alter by 11.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I just want to say that bones to not show up with all-names on my client. It's news to me that the rest of you see that? I'm using 5.0.8.3 too.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I just want to say that bones to not show up with all-names on my client. It's news to me that the rest of you see that? I'm using 5.0.8.3 too.
Where is your install from?

I actually use a LBR (Lord Blackthorn's Revenge - released with 3D client) CD Patched to 5.0.8.3. But on a different PC I played with the UOSA client. I can't remember which is giving me bones on all-names, or both. It may be my client.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Lupos

Post by Lupos »

"Bless stats altering by 11? When was this changed?? I know in UO:R GM Magery would alter by 11."

Actually I do recall this and it was always the case. The reason many mages kept their magery at 99.9 was to maintain the curse and debuff spells as a -10 instead of a -11. I can't remember exactly how it functioned but I believe it was primarily to aid in unbalancing someone's stat so you could cause their head to implode when you cast mindblast.

God I loved that spell.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Lupos wrote:"Bless stats altering by 11? When was this changed?? I know in UO:R GM Magery would alter by 11."

Actually I do recall this and it was always the case. The reason many mages kept their magery at 99.9 was to maintain the curse and debuff spells as a -10 instead of a -11. I can't remember exactly how it functioned but I believe it was primarily to aid in unbalancing someone's stat so you could cause their head to implode when you cast mindblast.

God I loved that spell.
How I remember it was.. say if I cast strength with GM magery, that would give me +11, say, 111 str. Then someone casts weaken on me with 99.9, that'd put me at 101 str. Since I'm already over 100 str it was impossible for me to re-strength myself. I was probably the biggest mindblast whore on Oceania so I did love playing with stats :). I have some hilarious memories of 1 combo kills with that spell.

But yeah, right now on UOSA buffs/debuffs give +-10 at GM magery. I assume it's that way because the demo gives you +-10

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I really wish it would work like that here. Some items are just frustrating to carry around.

Dude you can say that again, try putting 10 hallies in any chest/bag. Its annoying as hell!

Nice finds marm.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

What a great thread :) Thanks much, I know it took no small amount of effort to find all these.

I got to this kind of late. I'll go through and get the easy ones fixed.

I suspect those two nearly adjactent shots (1365 & 1367) with the identified greater heal and 11 point buff where UO:R, or at least post-Potion Keg, but i can't see anything else that'll close the book on that. Is there anything in nearby screenshot that might tell us?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:What a great thread :) Thanks much, I know it took no small amount of effort to find all these.

I got to this kind of late. I'll go through and get the easy ones fixed.

I suspect those two nearly adjactent shots (1365 & 1367) with the identified greater heal and 11 point buff where UO:R, or at least post-Potion Keg, but i can't see anything else that'll close the book on that. Is there anything in nearby screenshot that might tell us?
We know it's pre UO:R because the horse has the doubled up "tame" message (changed feb 2000).. will do some research when I get time

But it probably was post nov23, because by the end of the screenshots it's showing a single (tame) message.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Derrick wrote:I suspect those two nearly adjactent shots (1365 & 1367) with the identified greater heal and 11 point buff where UO:R, or at least post-Potion Keg, but i can't see anything else that'll close the book on that. Is there anything in nearby screenshot that might tell us?
1382 has a runebook in it (on or after Nov 23, 1999). So its close.
http://download.uosecondage.com/ChesieS ... ap1382.jpg
nightshark wrote:But it probably was post nov23, because by the end of the screenshots it's showing a single (tame) message.
Which one? 1406 still has double tame, and its the last one I could find a mount which was still alive. (before Feb 23, 2000)
http://download.uosecondage.com/ChesieS ... ap1406.jpg

Another interesting find: "a __ crafted by __", not "an exceptional __ crafted by".
http://download.uosecondage.com/ChesieS ... ap1349.jpg
On first look, this may have been patched in Nov 23, 1999:
Exceptional marking works as follows: As an example, an exceptional katana made by a non-Grandmaster smith or made by a Grandmaster smith who chooses not to put his makers mark, will now say, "a katana of exceptional quality". An exceptional katana made by a Grandmaster smith who chooses to place his maker's mark on it will say, "a katana crafted with exceptional quality by..." This will be true for all exceptional items.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes

This is apparently how it was in Dec 1998:
If it says "crafted by ..." it is exceptional.
The word "exceptional" does not appear in the item's name.
When I make "a plate gorget", it is average or below,
but "a plate gorget crafted by Morgan" is exceptional.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... a9fd0d206d

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

edit:
Screenshot 1060 also features +-11 stats. Look at the bar at the top of the screen with his stats.
982 - 983 also it's evident that his stats have been altered by 11.

If you compare the snaps of
6/21/2010 2:13 PM 91940 snap0982.jpg
6/21/2010 2:13 PM 111001 snap0983.jpg
You can also see from one screeshot to the next, his stats have gone up by 11 points.

He stops wearing armor around screenshot 872, indicating this was some time around the meditation patch - Feb 1999

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Beat me to it nightshark. :)

But heres one for ya: +11 str or int and +15 to dex. How did he get that dex?
Attachments
snap1341.jpg
snap1341.jpg (79.91 KiB) Viewed 2198 times