Silver system

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Brules

Re: Silver system

Post by Brules »

Derrick said he is proud of the trammel tourney system, but no where does he say it is permanent, unchangeable or that the silver system will never go away/be modified/expanded/contracted.

Taking CBD's off the silver system and put into an era accurate holiday ticket system was a GREAT step in the right direction!!!!!!! Now to just kill the rest of it and move it in game.....ie: spawn the rares that don't currently spawn. Introduce these items IN GAME in a way that is more accurate.

I have no issue with the items you can get via the silver system. My gripe is how silver is only aquireable in a trammel like environment, and only by PvP'ers. Otherwise you have to buy the silver, where as it is handed out for free to the PvP'ers who dont risk anything to aquire it (free use, no loot, non-griefable events).

Yank the silver sysyem, spawn the rares in game, move events to in game. Problem solved!

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

The automated events are impressive, no doubt.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

For as trammel as it is, I fear that we would see significantly less people over the course of time by removing it or relocating it to Felucca. I think the idea is sound and gives everyone a good break from always covering your ass and allows those who don't have 15 7x gm's to participate in a manner where you don't end up useless.

That being said, I think it could be done differently and Rose's CTC is a fine example of this. His event is in felucca, has high player participation, and allows for PvP and other builds like stealthers to really shine. I'm conflicted at the end of it though, I kind of want to use the "necessary evil" cliche' but I'm not sure how truly necessary it is.

Brules

Post by Brules »

noxmonk wrote:That being said, I think it could be done differently and Rose's CTC is a fine example of this. His event is in felucca, has high player participation, and allows for PvP and other builds like stealthers to really shine. I'm conflicted at the end of it though, I kind of want to use the "necessary evil" cliche' but I'm not sure how truly necessary it is.
Optimally, it would be nice if Rose's system was augmented with some of the features from the current system. Add tourney master. Make it where guilded people cna join and not have to leave their guilds. Automate when it runs etc. No silver prizes, but winners could be given a no drop no give wearable item or something like that. The GMs did that in era, and people were happy with it as they were able show off their item, but since it was NDNG, it had no real world value. This way we would get the excellent features of the current system, but it could opperate in game. If someone wanted to really grief it they could, the participants would either put up with it, or absolutely smite the griefers, and sometimes those are the best times EVER.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

Homie wrote:
Alex the Artist wrote:It's been brought up in other threads, but I can't find any dedicated threads that debate it.
How is it possible to "not see" this thread? It is stickied...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17612

Forum search might help as well :lol:
Thank you for posting a link to a locked post that doesn't even mention the silver system.

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

Silver and events are were close to each other. If you remove silver the events will become redundant because nobody will participate. Thats something you would have known if you would have been around at those times silver / trophies were removed from most of the events.

If you dont see this correlation i cant help you.

In the end you are asking for less player activity what is imo stupid.

Here another link for this disussion viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24234

Brules

Post by Brules »

Homie wrote:Silver and events are were close to each other. If you remove silver the events will become redundant because nobody will participate. Thats something you would have known if you would have been around at those times silver / trophies were removed from most of the events.

Wait so you are saying people ONLY participate in the events for the silver, NOT for the PvP???? So the system is essentially used/enjoyed solely for the collection of items? Seems to me it should be the other way around......

Further proof the event/silver system is a detriment to this shard.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you have an interesting definition of what constitutes proof
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Brules

Post by Brules »

If the glove doesnt fit.......

What that has to do with the current thread.....I haven't a clue. :)

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

Brules wrote:
Homie wrote:Silver and events are were close to each other. If you remove silver the events will become redundant because nobody will participate. Thats something you would have known if you would have been around at those times silver / trophies were removed from most of the events.

Wait so you are saying people ONLY participate in the events for the silver, NOT for the PvP???? So the system is essentially used/enjoyed solely for the collection of items? Seems to me it should be the other way around......

Further proof the event/silver system is a detriment to this shard.
Without any reward there are only a few players (me included) that join events. And thats no shame and far away from being a reason to cut down events or remove the silver entirely. When you can farm 10k in 10 mins why should you bother joining an event with 5 or 6 players for nothing.

DD and CTF would be still fun. But after having your first 1vs1 DD on a Sunday you might start to think about that events with more players participating would be more fun :)

We already had this... Events are providing player activity, thats what i support.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

events have been here longer than i have, shard hasn't imploded yet

Brules

Post by Brules »

I would prefer the events to happen in the game world. Event system is good, it is just too protected and the rewards for it (silver) is un-accurate and unfair. The only people who can participate and get the chance to be given silver for free are PvP'ers. Non-pvp people are excluded fromt he system.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Brules wrote:Non-pvp people are excluded fromt he system.
Apart from people new to UO entirely, they aren't coming to a pre uo:r shard for the pvm and crafting mechanics...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Malaikat wrote:
Brules wrote:Non-pvp people are excluded fromt he system.
Apart from people new to UO entirely, they aren't coming to a pre uo:r shard for the pvm and crafting mechanics...
I am.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

no shard implosion