Closed: Meditation

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Meditation

Post by DrFaustus »

I'm fairly certain it's IMPOSSIBLE to gain Meditation if you start at 0.0....

Wouldn't it be reasonable to at least allow med gains from failure up to the point that you can purchase the skill?

hope this hasn't bee discussed...
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Faust

Post by Faust »

It doesn't only go up by using the skill successfully. It can still raise when you fail. The only thing that matters is that you're using the skill in the designated area of mana that raises it. Here is how it works.

Mana level percentage for high chance of skill gain = 100 - meditation skill

This essentially means that if you're at 80 meditation and have 100 Int you will need to use the meditation skill for a possible gain around 20 mana. If you're in the same situation but have 10 Int instead it would be 2 mana for a possible gain.

Here is a usable formula to go by.

(( 100 - Meditation Skill Value ) / 100 ) * Int = How much mana you should be around when using the skill for a possible gain in the skill.

All you have to do is set up a razor macro basing it off of the formula above and meditate at the value it produces when you insert your meditation and Int values.

The reason people wants to wear armor such as a platemail tunic is because your regeneration rate on mana is slowed significantly. The slower your mana the more attempts you can obtain for a possible gain when you use the skill. It's very simple once you understand the mechanics behind it.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Well I have 0 Med, so dividing that by 0 and multiplying it by my pitiful 32 int gives me 0...

I've attempted to med at 0,1,2,3,4,5,6....mana for the last 3 hours? No gains in Med...

Faust

Post by Faust »

Derrick will have to look into the issue at it being 0.0 in meditation skill. It may possibly be bugged. I would suggest spending the gold that it takes to train the skill to get it past the 0.0 scale.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Well I just trained it to the 23.2 marker...still not a single gain in hours.

Definitely needs fixing!

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

I'm dumb...it's working now.

XaN

Post by XaN »

Could someone mention too many how the drunk thing works? I'm drinking liquor now, I just need to know is there a timer for how long you're drunk or is it dependent on how much you drink?
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Marcaeus

Post by Marcaeus »

I didn't read most of this, but int is a factor when it comes to gaining. There is 2 factors. How low you drop your mana, and how much int you have. You need roughly 80 int to GM med, and you just follow the calculator (100 - med skill / 100 * int).