Suggestion: Make a seer for consistent events.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Suggestion: Make me a companion with these specification

Post by Mikel123 »

I have a few event ideas that I could lend you, which do not require being a Seer or anything like that. They do require a large house (keep or castle) and maybe 20k-50k worth of items, resources, etc.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I think we could use more event oriented seer style staff. For the most part Yoda/Derrick handle this type of stuff and they are over worked with real life stuff/keeping shard running normally. (clearly not as important as shard events)

It is hard to explain to people how many hours it takes to get even little small original monster events organized. Just being able to get the organizers (usually the player/guild host and the staff) on at the same time can be a royal pain. Spreading it to a couple more people couldnt hurt :P

Everyone loves 'Lord British needs your help meet at his castle' style events. If they say they dont love them, they are lying.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Boone
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boone »

I agree. Seers would be valuable to the shard! Events in the open world can attract and cater to all kinds of players. New players can participate and grab gold, seasoned players can come for the occasional rare event item or silver, roleplayers could be enlisted to play out parts in the event if need be, and since this would take place in the actual "world," PK'ers and thieves can mingle; their presence would also add another element of danger and risk (plus PvP), that just isn't found in the automated events. Some of the most memorable moments I have had on the shard have been events, such as Battle of Iver's Rounding and the Iolo quests. Seers wouldn't always have to organize huge events. I remember Yoda running a small scale event where players walked around in Britain looking for clues after the attempted assassination of Lord British. Most of what happened was basically made up on the go and the players' actions helped dictate what would happen next. There weren't any PvP, or Father of the Damned balrons, but it was still a fun little event.

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

I think the main focus of the thread here should be more about whether or not the idea is good, and not whether GK is a good candidate for it.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

I dunno, questioning the qualifications of a person that asked for the post isn't unreasonable.

As far as the suggestion of player seers that have the ability to run events, I don't think it would be a bad idea. It would free up the staff to attend to more important things, and we might end up seeing more events happen outside of the automated ones.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Yeah I thought it was a bit odd tha tyou told me to post my request to the public lol.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

GK for event pres
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Maahes wrote:I think the main focus of the thread here should be more about whether or not the idea is good, and not whether GK is a good candidate for it.
I don't know about the distance past, but ive yet to see him host a single event. This seems to tell me he is not a good candidate.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

You missed my house drops and my pvp tourneys then. Or the events that i supplied the fiancials for but you probably didn't look to see that items / gold were donated by me.
The many times I did a in irc Giveaway of magic items to random people, the newbie housing I'm helping with right at this very moment. I have even gone as far as to dress up a newbie and annoy chumbucket.

The only difference between me and the rest of the people that do events here is I don't go out of my way to make some famous name for myself from it. I'm not trying to get people to join my guild or give me town addons of any sort.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

GuardianKnight wrote:You missed my house drops and my pvp tourneys then. Or the events that i supplied the fiancials for but you probably didn't look to see that items / gold were donated by me.
The many times I did a in irc Giveaway of magic items to random people, the newbie housing I'm helping with right at this very moment. I have even gone as far as to dress up a newbie and annoy chumbucket.
When were these? Recently?

For the record, I don't really consider item give aways and noobie housing as events. I suppose a house drop would have to be consider an event but I guess from a quasi seer I would be looking for something more than "hey free loots, come get it". Granted, you didn't ask to be a seer.

I'm not opposed to your idea, im just also not for it.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was simply putting it on myself to come up with something to do daily and asking for the power to consistently do gm power type events. Simply because there are way too few things going on.

So I volunteer for a free service and get treated like I'm at a job interview where my hair isn't cut right and I don't fit the mold of your perfect employee.

It's not like I'm trying to claim some fame, I just was looking for something fun for you and myself.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Suggestion: Make a seer for consistent events.

Post by Light Shade »

GK's good people, Ronk.

However, anyone doing this needs to be anonymous I would think. There are several people on this shard that could/would do it and I think it will take several people to do it properly. (ie. Different time zones, etc...)

I support this idea.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

GuardianKnight wrote:I was simply putting it on myself to come up with something to do daily and asking for the power to consistently do gm power type events. Simply because there are way too few things going on.

So I volunteer for a free service and get treated like I'm at a job interview where my hair isn't cut right and I don't fit the mold of your perfect employee.

It's not like I'm trying to claim some fame, I just was looking for something fun for you and myself.
I didn't mean it like a job interview, lol. Just that its easy for a random person to pop in and claim "if you give me this ill do this". Its a story thats been heard many times before. Clearly you aren't a random person.

I'd have no problem with you doing events, depending on what they were. I just don't want to see some do daily 'giveaway' events. But given that you said you wouldnt' be able to create items, that may not be a problem. I'm still itching to move forward with the Bloodrock events (started witht eh cove takeover) but that requires derrick and a slew of orcs and other people to all be online, around, and ready at the same time...which isnt' always easy. A full time seer that could help make things happen would be awesome.

Hell, id volunteer in a heartbeat to do seer quests and such, except I wouldn't want to leave the Bloodrock and as far as I know, none of the staff are allowed to have characters.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

I'd love to have a seer on this shard, but I'm far more concerned with the quality of the events than the quantity. I'd want a good old fashioned era-accurate story arc, not a daily "such and such town is being attacked by monsters!" cop out.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Adunaphel wrote:I'd love to have a seer on this shard, but I'm far more concerned with the quality of the events than the quantity. I'd want a good old fashioned era-accurate story arc, not a daily "such and such town is being attacked by monsters!" cop out.
Agreed
------------------
Historic Bloodrock