Guild Inaccuracies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guild Inaccuracies

Post by Ronk »

Faust wrote:I'm sure he will give some sort of notice when he fixes this. He is usually good with this sort of thing.
It will make me sad when we have to choose between being red or being chaos. Historically we were always chaos and never red....hence why we had rules about being red. But many of us are so deep in red now I think its unrealistic to try and stay chaos :-/
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Ronk wrote:
Faust wrote:I'm sure he will give some sort of notice when he fixes this. He is usually good with this sort of thing.
It will make me sad when we have to choose between being red or being chaos. Historically we were always chaos and never red....hence why we had rules about being red. But many of us are so deep in red now I think its unrealistic to try and stay chaos :-/

Maybe we'll get grandfathered lol. But, Urk and Chaos are synonimous. Or even implement a choice for Red O/C chars to go blue instantly because of the changes. Much like Osi did when they were changing up the murderer system.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:
Ronk wrote:

Maybe we'll get grandfathered lol. But, Urk and Chaos are synonimous. Or even implement a choice for Red O/C chars to go blue instantly because of the changes. Much like Osi did when they were changing up the murderer system.
Yeah, but honestly, ive kinda enjoyed the freedom of killing whoever. Back on GL it really sucked when you got that noto guy who came in and killed your buddy while you had to stand there and do nothing else get a count. Or, how about them 'blue healers'.

Though if we got instant-blueified with a patch, I wouldn't be against staying blue. I just don't really think its feasible at this point to try and 'macro ourselves back to blue'. Lol.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

What is with random posts of mine being deleted? I simply replied to Wylan saying that I did not mean to speak above others, simply stating that this WILL come into effect because it is completely accurate (aside from the fame part)

Next time a moderator wishes to delete my post for no good reason, at least send me a message.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

Ronk wrote:
Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:
Ronk wrote:It will make me sad when we have to choose between being red or being chaos. Historically we were always chaos and never red....hence why we had rules about being red. But many of us are so deep in red now I think its unrealistic to try and stay chaos :-/

Yeah, but honestly, ive kinda enjoyed the freedom of killing whoever. Back on GL it really sucked when you got that noto guy who came in and killed your buddy while you had to stand there and do nothing else get a count. Or, how about them 'blue healers'.

Though if we got instant-blueified with a patch, I wouldn't be against staying blue. I just don't really think its feasible at this point to try and 'macro ourselves back to blue'. Lol.

Yea, same. I just think if it is a choice out of o/c and red then that'd be the way. Personally the only reason to be blue is to town raids.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Hemperor wrote:What is with random posts of mine being deleted? I simply replied to Wylan saying that I did not mean to speak above others, simply stating that this WILL come into effect because it is completely accurate (aside from the fame part)

Next time a moderator wishes to delete my post for no good reason, at least send me a message.
FYI, I don't think a moderator deleted it. This happens to me all the time on this damned forum. Basically...you hit reply and it pops up and goes

"Someone else has posted, review their post and edit yours before posting!"

But you've already thought it said 'posted' and moved on to the next one, thus canceling your post.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I really wish this was the siege ruleset...that'd remove statloss completely ^_^ It's always got in the way of roleplayers.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Ronk wrote:I really wish this was the siege ruleset...that'd remove statloss completely ^_^ It's always got in the way of roleplayers.
And I wish this was the Notoriety system instead of Fame/Karma :D
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I'm going to start resurrecting some of my posts that either seem to have been forgotten or backlogged...hopefully we can finally get a word on this. Aside from the patchnotes that I have already posted, here is a stratics note on it:
What are the requirements for being a Chaos or Order Guard?

* You must belong to a guild. If you're not in a guild, you'll have to purchase a Guildstone and declare yourself as a single person guild.
* You cannot be a murderer.

How do I become a Chaos or Order Guard?

* Under a new guildmaster option, a guildmaster can declare his guild to be either a Chaos or Order Guild assuming the guildmaster meets the requirements for being a Chaos or Order Guard.
* Any members who do not meet the new guild requirements when a guild is converted over will be removed from the guild.
* If you are a member of a Chaos or Order guild, and you become a murderer, or lose fame below the requirement (by dying, or by atrophy), you'll be removed from the guild.
* All members of Chaos and Order guilds are forced to display their guild abbreviation. In addition to this, members will have (Chaos) or (Order) after their guild abbreviation.
* If you are a member of a Chaos or Order guild, and you don't have a shield, simply say "chaos shield" to one of Lord Blackthorne's guards or "order shield" to one of Lord British's guards.
* All guild members of the opposite alignment will appear orange, and members can be freely attacked.
* All guild members of the same alignment will appear green, and members can be freely attacked.

What special rules does the shield have in the new system?

* The shields are no longer required to be worn. (But they are nice shields)
* Shields will not disappear right away anymore. However, they are valueless, so they can't be sold. If anyone tries to equip a Chaos or Order shield who isn't a member of the appropriate guild type, the shield will destroy itself.
* Shields don't ever kill anyone anymore.
* You can no longer cast spells with the shield equipped.
http://web.archive.org/web/199910222311 ... uards.html

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

They say the fame requirement is out of era because its so early, but can someone confirm this with a patch note.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

10/1/98 wrote:Guilds and player vs player combat:

* The Fame requirement or joining and staying in order/chaos guilds will be removed.
The rest is accurate, the main thing I am trying to get noticed is murderers being kicked out of O/C guilds.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Hemperor wrote:

* The Fame requirement or joining and staying in order/chaos guilds will be removed.
The rest is accurate, the main thing I am trying to get noticed is murderers being kicked out of O/C guilds.
Wow, I forgot that we were talking about this a few months ago. Glad you bumped this thread, I figured that someone (Staff-wise) shot down the idea already, but I guess not
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Faust

Post by Faust »

I had already made the transition for this feature with my guild assuming this change was coming. I'm still waiting for this to be fixed too.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hemperor wrote:

I've got to ask, for what purpose would one request this change?

OSI did this to nerf the game and make a further discouragement of going red, or more specifically, to keep established red players from attacking their new customer Blues and keep new revenue up. (EA thought red on blue attacks was a real threat to their business, especially for their expansion plans they had in mind for Asia.)

The 'green to all, free to attack' change basically created a 'PvP ON' tag before the drastic steps of Trammel when in fact this need was already addressed by the ability for guilds to call war on others.

What happened? If you actually played UO and O/C at the time, you would have noticed a drastic drop of new guild wars because there was no need to call a war. O was Orange to C and vice versa. O was Green to O, the same for C, and thus there was no real use in declaring war on other fighting guilds. It made it seriously difficult to tell friend from foe. Guilds of the came order who were not warred with each other caught a lot of friendly fire.

So, I've got to ask again, why would one request this change? Isn't this tantamount to the house looting changes towards the latter part of T2A?

My vote, leave O/C as is and please work on more important fixes to the game.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Why change this?

Why add random interrupts, why remove all kill? etc. etc.

ACCURACY

Also, hopefully filter out some of the noob ass reds that are giving this shard a bad name that hang out in certain guilds...