WIN A SMALL DEED

Topics related to Second Age
JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: WIN A SMALL DEED

Post by JBURNS »

I was on my tamer farming at elder gazers with 7 or 8 drags. A couple of blue pkers showed up and started attacking me. I used the command all guard me several times and moved my hidden character so the dragons would scatter and hopefully kill the attackers. They ended up killing me but couldn't get the loot because of the drags. I switched back to my hidden char to loot my own body where my own dragons then killed me. Lost all the loot I had accumulated from the hunt and all of the dragons ultimately :(

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Michael, who I've befriended since, attacked my red med dexer at the gy one day. He's a stellar pvp'er and carries sick equipment, so I was pretty jazzed when I got the kill. I looted him up and went to gate his mare when he showed on an alt. Being a hybrid, I had low mana so I called out to a friend to come and help me secure the horsey. My friend showed and was talking about gating to his keep. Things are going well. I'm fending off the kryss wielding dexer and my buddy is healing and lining up the mare. He casts gate, the mare disappears, I step inside and BAM...WBB.

Lost the mare, all his loot, and all my loot. Was fantastic. Thanks for the gate, bro.

The only surviving screen shot is my kill unless Michael has the one of me getting GW

Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

jokker
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jokker »

After what seemed like a billion years at the pirate event, eyes burning, and suffering the sickness that feeds your addiction and keeps your playing this game long after you wished you could stop, it was that I finally figured out how all the tricks worked to navigate the castle, get to a key, and sneak the key out of the room where it was displayed. Terrified of PKs after all my effort I hid, then logged into an alt to map out the secret route to the other side of the keep, which involved going through this invisible maze. After I painstakingly figured it out, I arrive to the final gate to the grand prize which wait for me like a blue beacon of happiness. I imagine this is how it feels to have a fix as a heroin junky. Sure enough, there are PKs waiting for someone to make it through the maze with the key.

I log back into my main, and stealth across the house, into the cavern, and most the way across the maze. It was slow and painful, but I did it. A few steps from the end of the maze I screw up, and zig instead of zag. I become poisoned. No regs or bandaids of course, as I've died about 30 thousand times in this event, I walk into the room and try to get a cure. Someone snoops me out and announces I have the key everyone has been searching for. The PK advises he'll cure me if I unlock the gate. Shit... In a moment of panic I decide to gamble it, and try to get through the gate and close it again before anyone else can get it. Its that or die anyway right?

You think i'd have learned from the hours of the hidden explosion and poison traps on the other side of the castle I had to avoid to get the key in the first place, 'cause as soon as I opened the gate I trip the trap and it explodes me into chunky salsa. The PK grabs the key off my dead body, loots the chest, then flees off to gloat on IRC...
Attachments
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg (215.17 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
Capture.jpg

Range

Post by Range »

I remember in the earlier days of the game when guilds had a hazing type event. A group of us had to purple potion bomb a guard in town so guild leadership could get plate armor since GM Blacksmiths were rare. Of course if the timing was even a little off or not enough damage occurred we all got guard whacked.
Good times....
Range on Atlantic 1997 to 2005

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

bit boring but o well....

the other day i was picking at shame, been there a good 20 mins had a ass load of high end weps, including a vanq bardi +15 with some charges...... very happy with myself.

So nearing my max weight i thought i'd hit one more chest, I stealthily move over to the next chest, begin picking....

in come a group of 6 NWO..... ok, they had been there a few times earlier and i had just recalled out.... this time they got me off guard..

so 5mins later they still hadn't found me hidden in my spot, even after one of them got stuck on me for 10-15 secs trying to get past.... they all run away to find someone to kill...ok i'm safe for now... lets get this bootie home!

In the excitement of trying to stealth away, I had forgotten I had picked the lock but not busted the trap.......

BANG.......i'm dead and there got my hard earned treasures.....gate char out, res, go back, corpse still there unlooted but I die by walking over a air ele and revealing myself....loot left, screw it finder keepers if there fast enough..

sorry about the longness of that but there you go, and if anyone found my loots, enjoy.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Since someone else went back in time to guild hazing events...back on Seige Perilous my friends an I formed the guild DOM, short for The Dominion (before that weak PK group DOM that came later).

We only wanted new recruits to be cool people to hang with that would not cry if they lost some pixels. If you lost items someone else would get you some. We played for fun. Since there were a ton of Shadowclan orcs at the Yew orc fort, our rule was that the new recruit had to run inside and demand tribute from them. An impossible task. 0 chance of success. There were always at least 10 orcs there and of course going into the Yew Fort meant death. Since our recruits did not know the orcs rules they would run in and end up dying to people yelling strange gibberish at them. Confused but determined, they would res and go in for stuff or another try and die over and over again. It was fun to watch. The orcs would often get frustrated at the our recruits confusion over their speech and rules.

We'd be ghosting to make sure they did it and see how they handled it. Mostly though it was just for a good laugh it worked. Everyone we ever had in there (23 real people I think) were quality. And yes me and my 2nd took our turns too, even though we knew what to expect.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was trying to save a stablemaster and he killed me.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=36855&hilit=+guardianknight
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Although I don't have any screenshots because it was so long ago. It's still a crazy way to die.

Me and my brother and cousin were messing around at Lake Superior WBB on our thieves, and this was one of those laggy days where the bank was so full you could barely make it through. So we decided to try to thin the herd a bit.

We all got g explodes and started tossing them into the crowd. I threw one into a big patch of players, and I swear a guard came for every person I hit with that pot. They all hit me at once and it made me lose connection.

When I logged in my characters corpse was stuck upright in the air! Was the craziest corpse landing I had ever seen in UO!

Even though I didn't lose anything valuable, it's the best death story I know lol.

The end.
Last edited by Xandorf on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

anyone who died to this should win several hundreds people
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I'm surprised how many made it into your balron trap Lelouche. Even more surprising is that I never did.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Me and some noob puprosely went in several times seeing how many times we could survive cming back...
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

lots more then that picture + i took out all the quadra + kills lol
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

ian or laz i dont remember who of them was it, died once to a troll in the woods with a house deed in a pouch.
the troll looted the pouch and he couldnt find the troll after ressing.

also

i was pking and paradox droped a rune on the ground. i tought it was a t2a entrance rune and recalled.

paradox just cleaned his mainbag from looted town runes and i found myself at the papua bank.

there were two nubs macroing meditation with wizard hats who called the gaurds and made fun of me how bad iam
at uo.

i lost a vanq hally and a shitton of loot.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

jokker wrote:After what seemed like a billion years at the pirate event, eyes burning, and suffering the sickness that feeds your addiction and keeps your playing this game long after you wished you could stop, it was that I finally figured out how all the tricks worked to navigate the castle, get to a key, and sneak the key out of the room where it was displayed. Terrified of PKs after all my effort I hid, then logged into an alt to map out the secret route to the other side of the keep, which involved going through this invisible maze. After I painstakingly figured it out, I arrive to the final gate to the grand prize which wait for me like a blue beacon of happiness. I imagine this is how it feels to have a fix as a heroin junky. Sure enough, there are PKs waiting for someone to make it through the maze with the key.

I log back into my main, and stealth across the house, into the cavern, and most the way across the maze. It was slow and painful, but I did it. A few steps from the end of the maze I screw up, and zig instead of zag. I become poisoned. No regs or bandaids of course, as I've died about 30 thousand times in this event, I walk into the room and try to get a cure. Someone snoops me out and announces I have the key everyone has been searching for. The PK advises he'll cure me if I unlock the gate. Shit... In a moment of panic I decide to gamble it, and try to get through the gate and close it again before anyone else can get it. Its that or die anyway right?

You think i'd have learned from the hours of the hidden explosion and poison traps on the other side of the castle I had to avoid to get the key in the first place, 'cause as soon as I opened the gate I trip the trap and it explodes me into chunky salsa. The PK grabs the key off my dead body, loots the chest, then flees off to gloat on IRC...

I actually remeber that because I got there on my ghost and remeber them bragging about what was in the chest lol,
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Spatuule

Post by Spatuule »

I was pking some poor newb at lich foresst near yew.
The guy starts to run.
Not paying attention, I enter guard zone and get GW.

I rush with an alt to try and salvage whatevers left on my pk's corpse. When I get there, he was dead. Turns out he attacked my horse while the guard was still patrolling the area.

He deserves to win!