How much silver is still on the shard?

Topics related to Second Age
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: How much silver is still on the shard?

Post by Blaise »

No and yes.
They were removed because of a number of exploits, one of which is being able to resurrect a stat red with no statloss, if I recall correctly.

Yes because people would sign up all three clients to CTF games. I would be yelling at AFK players to do something until I realized what was going on. Hell, even my kids jumped into some events and got free silver for dying.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pac

Post by Pac »

Corbin wrote:
Pac wrote:Then why was it removed?

Owned.
Two reasons:

1. People constantly whined that the events UOSA had to get silver were not era accurate because they were automated and on a schedule. They whined until they got their way and they were removed.

2. People were essentially farming the events for silver. Many people ran multiple clients to ensure they got a piece or silver and many times there was no one to police them.
Exactly.

NEA = Get rid of it. Period.

Carebears can go play IPY2 or some other crap if they don't like it.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Got to the "Eternal Empire of Telamon" at his museum of scripting, formerly known as Rivendell. There you will see a locked down pile of 1121 silver, with many 6 peice piles in addition. Probably 1200sp on display.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

silver was never removed just auto events. they still give out trophys at staff made events....

ps:400 here
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Pro

Post by Pro »

I know for a fact that chad has about 2000 pieces still and Kinarah has more than triple that.

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

Being a new player on this shard I think silver could help get/keep new players in

My lad plays on freedom, they have CTF and dueling pits for in-game rewards and seem very popular and even the newest player can get in on the action. I am sure that you could restrict to 1 ip per match so its not just a silver harvest

Is it era accurate? no but if silver was more accessible then then it could even the player field?

I remember something on osi like "Spring Cleaning 2008" where you would trash unwanted items and get reward points, could something be done like this?

I dont have any silver or will possibly never have enough money to own any but a nice pile of 6 in my L-Shaped would look sweet!

Pac

Post by Pac »

Samorite wrote:
I remember something on osi like "Spring Cleaning 2008" where you would trash unwanted items and get reward points, could something be done like this?

Happened once, likely won't happen again.

The reason being is that having events like that actually encourages mass hoarding of items so they can be turned in for loot during the event, and it ends up accomplishing the opposite of what it was intended to.