Dear Staff

Topics related to Second Age
Derrick

Re: Dear Staff

Post by Derrick »

Malaikat wrote:Tela cheated? Link plz because I missed that...
On the sole basis that Telamon has no houses on any of his accounts, yet there's multiple threads talking about his houses falling, then yes he has broken some clear rules.

However that's far from all we have on this. Those whose accounts were directly affected know very well why they no longer have access to them. This will not be discussed with third parties. This would certainly not have been done if I had a shred of doubt in my mind that it was not only fully justified, but necessary.

I didn't want to weigh in on this at all. I expect the facts to be twisted and perverted in a fleeting attempt to make the staff here look like bad guys. I assure you that this has been the most shamefully deceptive, manipulative, and twisted series of episodes that I've seen a player pursue on Second Age.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Derrick can I take you out for dinner?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

ZombieFever

Post by ZombieFever »

Is that Krang or Kuato?

ganzomanolo

Post by ganzomanolo »

lol justice strikes at last, ty derrick ^^

Aanallein

Post by Aanallein »

On the sole basis that Telamon has no houses on any of his accounts, yet there's multiple threads talking about his houses falling, then yes he has broken some clear rules.
What?

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Derrick wrote:
Malaikat wrote:Tela cheated? Link plz because I missed that...

However that's far from all we have on this. Those whose accounts were directly affected know very well why they no longer have access to them. This will not be discussed with third parties. This would certainly not have been done if I had a shred of doubt in my mind that it was not only fully justified, but necessary.

I didn't want to weigh in on this at all. I expect the facts to be twisted and perverted in a fleeting attempt to make the staff here look like bad guys. I assure you that this has been the most shamefully deceptive, manipulative, and twisted series of episodes that I've seen a player pursue on Second Age.
This just raises more skepticism. As of now, the only thing we know about Telamon is that he manages a new shard, has helped new players start on this server, was an excellent participant in IDOCs, was a broker, a contributor to this shard, and a hell of a programmar.

So in reality, it looks like staff banned him out of resentment for editing his threads and managing another shard that rivals this one.

You're not binded to any confidentiality pertaining to banning him. Unless UOSA's staff has something to hide, then there really is nothing bad that could come of discussing his ban, and apparantly everyone on the friends list.

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

So, what exactly happened?

/popcorn

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Jason- wrote:You're not binded to any confidentiality pertaining to banning him. Unless UOSA's staff has something to hide, then there really is nothing bad that could come of discussing his ban, and apparantly everyone on the friends list.
Nor are you entitled to information pertaining to banning him.

What's that saying people always quote? "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."

Time and time again, Derrick has proven himself to be fair, neutral, and cautious, when it comes to intervening and doling out bans. Time and time again, when facts have surfaced about these issues, he has been proven to be honest and trustworthy. And time and time again, he continues to put an enormous amount of time and effort into sticking to the vision of this shard and working for the benefit of its player base.

And yet time and time again, he's insulted by imbeciles who like to make uninformed decisions and seem to have some deep desire to find that he's immoral, impetuous, or holding some sort of imagined grudge. It's the very definition of insanity.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Look, I'm nosy too, and intrigued. I'd love to know what happened. But I don't need to know in order to believe derrick and co are doing the right thing. I have 4+ years of evidence that he does.

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

Mikel123 wrote:
Jason- wrote:You're not binded to any confidentiality pertaining to banning him. Unless UOSA's staff has something to hide, then there really is nothing bad that could come of discussing his ban, and apparantly everyone on the friends list.
Nor are you entitled to information pertaining to banning him.

What's that saying people always quote? "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."

Time and time again, Derrick has proven himself to be fair, neutral, and cautious, when it comes to intervening and doling out bans. Time and time again, when facts have surfaced about these issues, he has been proven to be honest and trustworthy. And time and time again, he continues to put an enormous amount of time and effort into sticking to the vision of this shard and working for the benefit of its player base.

And yet time and time again, he's insulted by imbeciles who like to make uninformed decisions and seem to have some deep desire to find that he's immoral, impetuous, or holding some sort of imagined grudge. It's the very definition of insanity.
Some individuals are just stupid. Which is why UOSA is the way it is.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

You must be retarded then, as this is the most stable free shard in existence.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

I have been active on this shard going on 9 months now. I do not know most of you who have made posts here. I do know that I greatly appreciate having the shard available to play on and I have great respect for someone who does it all for people to enjoy for free. The man asks nothing in return except to abide by the rules. Think of the time he invests in keeping this thing up and now you want him to explain every detail in his decision making process? He has been very fair in his interactions with me and some of my friends. If he posts that there were blatent violations then I take the man at his word period!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Derrick has always struck me as being completely fair, understanding, and impartial on these matters. I'm sure he made the right call.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Light Shade wrote:Derrick has always struck me as being completely fair, understanding, and impartial on these matters. I'm sure he made the right call.
Well said.
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]