Hi new entry here, PvP question

Topics related to Second Age
FishinPro

Re: Hi new entry here, PvP question

Post by FishinPro »

Tatanga wrote:
the bazookas wrote:It's all about how you play them. I think things are pretty well balanced imo.

But no, there are no "templates" like the alchy-mage (higher explosion damage) or scribe mage (better reflects)--the goal of this shard is T2A era accuracy (emulating a particular time in UO's history). I have a 2x GM med warrior who is virtually unstoppable. I have a high dex tank mage and a conventional tank mage as well. There are people who make thief mages and what-not. I think there's plenty of combinations that are good in their own way.

Tracking and hiding... well, like I said--it could be fine in a group (I think it's not uncommon to have a character with tracking in a pk group), but you aren't going to fare well 1v1 with only magery.
I understand. Last question, from what I understand by reading the forums, this shard does not try to improve things but just replicate hot it was supposed to be back in 1999 right? This is the philosophy that I got from reading the threads. So things like people outrunning arrows or similar will never be fixed because otherwise would be different from how the game was 15 years ago?

Correct. The goal is to replicate all of the games mechanics to exactly the way they were at the end of November 1999.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I think pure mages have a good chance of being successful here. Look at Halbu, eventhough he is a tank his main damage comes from spell dumping at the right time and only using his hally sporadically.

Regarding the shard, yes, the admins here look to replicate the mechanics present during the T2A era of the game as run by OSI. So, unless there is proof that arrows could not be outrun, or that you needed to stand still to shoot, then it is likely it will stay put.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Tatanga

Post by Tatanga »

Thank you everyone. You guys have been very helpful!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

any mage without swords and tactics, or at least another weapon skill is going to be completely useless 1v1
FishinPro wrote:I dont believe there were any free shards in 1998...do you mean 2008-2010?
i played a bit of novus opiate in 1999 and that shard had been running for a long time when i tried it out
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

folo

Post by folo »

FishinPro wrote:I dont believe there were any free shards in 1998...do you mean 2008-2010?
There were free shards during this era. I played on a shard with a three letter name I don't remember. What I remember though is that there were player housing in the brit guard zone. Me and a friend used to check for unlocked doors and we managed to loot one room of a large brick placed in east brit. We also used to pull monsters from the GY and let the guards take care of them. They left corpses even when they were guardwhacked :D

Tatanga, maybe this is the shard you played on?

Tatanga

Post by Tatanga »

folo wrote:
There were free shards during this era. I played on a shard with a three letter name I don't remember. What I remember though is that there were player housing in the brit guard zone. Me and a friend used to check for unlocked doors and we managed to loot one room of a large brick placed in east brit. We also used to pull monsters from the GY and let the guards take care of them. They left corpses even when they were guardwhacked :D

Tatanga, maybe this is the shard you played on?

It was an Italian shard, its name was Midgard.

Tatanga

Post by Tatanga »

Ok so i'm about to start creating my character. As stated above my only experience was with a fully customized shard so no experience with pure T2A settings.

Can someone tell me 4/5 mage or fencer build that would be PvP competitive? Especially in 1vs1?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Tatanga

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Tank mage - Swords, tactics, magery, med, resist, wrestling, eval int.

As for a warrior - pick a weapon, tactics, magery, healing, anatomy, resist, and (hiding, tracking, poisoning, or parry)
Great Lakes 1998-2001