Archery

Topics related to Second Age
Derrick

Re: Archery

Post by Derrick »

Aye. Anatomy, Str and Tacs bonuses all apply to archery.

Zweeble

Post by Zweeble »

yes i believe so and i do have gm anatomy, 100 strength and gm tactics as well so that wouldnt effect my results with the bow, if thats where you were going with it. ( not that you were or anything )

Drizzt

Post by Drizzt »

seems like all weps deteriorate faster here then they did back in the day tbh.. i never remember runnin back so often for a wep.

Zweeble

Post by Zweeble »

try using a bow and see how quickly the damage and accuracy drop. and at least you can repair almost all other weapons. I literally keep 3 on hand at all times because of that. back in the day i could use the same bow for at least a week, sometimes longer depending on what i was doing.

biff

Post by biff »

TBH the accuracy of any wep should not be affected by the degradation of a weapon. Hit % is determined by two things: the attackers weapon skill and the defenders weapon skill. Nothing else. 100 vs 100 = 50% chance to hit, period. I dont care if youre using something brand new, or one hit away from breaking. If this is not how it currently is, its wrong.

Also in your original post you say a GM archer shouldnt be missing 40% of the time. Well.. yes, they should. In fact if you are fighting something/someone else with 80+ weapon skill/wrestling, you should be missing more than 40% of the time.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

biff wrote:TBH the accuracy of any wep should not be affected by the degradation of a weapon. Hit % is determined by two things: the attackers weapon skill and the defenders weapon skill. Nothing else. 100 vs 100 = 50% chance to hit, period. I dont care if youre using something brand new, or one hit away from breaking. If this is not how it currently is, its wrong.
Weapon chance to hit is exactly this formula. Weapon durability has no effect on this:
chance = AttackerSkill+50 / ((DefenderSkill+50) * 2)

The damage done by a weapon does however decrease as the weapon wears out.

There was a change to the way durability decreases on ranged weapons this morning. Patch notes will be up soon.

Zweeble

Post by Zweeble »

Thank you!!!

Zweeble

Post by Zweeble »

Just like to say that i've been playing a bit the last few days and have already noticed a huge difference in my bow. Normally i would have gone through 3-4 bows by now but i'm still using the same one from 2 days ago. It may not seem like much to the rest of the server but this is a huge change for archers. Again, thank you guys very much for taking the time to read all this and for making the change. I never imagined that anything i would say would prompt any real change, much less in such a short amount of time. You guys rock. Seriously.

Vaedian

Joad

Post by Joad »

I've been using the same exceptional bow for a few days now, probably fired 1000 arrows from it, and the arms lore condition of the bow still says "unused". I also haven't noticed that damage has diminished much. Are archery weapons significantly more durable now than before?

Not that I'm complaining!

xvsanx

Post by xvsanx »

they seem a lot more durable than they were judging from peoples' posts, but why is archery such a second tier damage dealing combat skill? you have to stand still, have arrows, and it takes up both hands

Jakar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jakar »

No insta hit is why no one uses bows.
With insta hit, bows are viable.

Has very little to do with repairs, although it is another aspect as to why they aren't used much.

xvsanx

Post by xvsanx »

damn, that's messed up, bows were always my favorite in ultima

I know it's supposed to be accurate but why not balance it a little more? or is it balanced now and bows are overpowered without insta hit?

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

xvsanx wrote:or is it balanced now and bows are overpowered without insta hit?
No, they are not OP with insta-hit. Nor are they OP if you can't outrun arrows. However, these functions are accurate according to data available.
Est Sularus oth Mithas